• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Hopefully. But I just have a weird vibe that at least Shantae's dad isn't alive anymore.
Nah, he's just lost. Like Wobble Bell.

Am I the only one that subscribes to the theory of that mysterious warrior in the Village Of Lost Souls being Shantae's father?

Dukefire

Smash Master

Am I the only one that subscribes to the theory of that mysterious warrior in the Village Of Lost Souls being Shantae's father?
Now thinking about it, we never found out what the Shadow Man Figure was. (Other then finding out Wobble Bell's fate, and Rottytops Original Appearance)

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

I thought it was pretty blatant that that was her father. I mean, he had a Ponytail, said he had a daughter, and Mimic said that Shantae's hair power didn't come from her mother since she still had it when she lost her genie-ness

Edit: I remembered it wrong, he didn't have a ponytail, but a hair horn. Still, unique hair is part of his design.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Now thinking about it, we never found out what the Shadow Man Figure was. (Other then finding out Wobble Bell's fate, and Rottytops Original Appearance)
He did say he was slowly regaining his memories, and made free passage between the village and the world of the living possible. It's only a matter of time until he remembers his daughter's name... although he may still have trouble recognizing her all grown up when he likely only got to spend some time with her as a baby before the whole Pirate Master crisis. Regardless, the burden of proof is on him since Shantae certainly didn't recognize him at all.

The other big question that place has left us is... what will happen if human Rotty ever does decide to leave? Especially now that zombie Rottytops knows what she looks like.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
He did say he was slowly regaining his memories, and made free passage between the village and the world of the living possible. It's only a matter of time until he remembers his daughter's name... although he may still have trouble recognizing her all grown up when he likely only got to spend some time with her as a baby before the whole Pirate Master crisis. Regardless, the burden of proof is on him since Shantae certainly didn't recognize him at all.

The other big question that place has left us is... what will happen if human Rotty ever does decide to leave? Especially now that zombie Rottytops knows what she looks like.
that's a good question. The Undead meets the Living Version on the same plain of existence.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

I could be remembering wrong, but didn't they explain that "human Rotty" was only there when Zombie Rotty was sleeping? As in when Zombie Rotty wakes up her consciousness leaves the Village. Something like that?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I could be remembering wrong, but didn't they explain that "human Rotty" was only there when Zombie Rotty was sleeping? As in when Zombie Rotty wakes up her consciousness leaves the Village. Something like that?
I could say that is very similar to Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance with switching between Sora and Riku with one sleeping and the other awake

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Given that they both behave very differently, it's safe to say they're both their own person at this point. It may be possible that one only becomes active when the other sleeps, but there's no conclusive evidence of this, and could simply be that sleeping gives one the opportunity to witness the other's actions with no other link beyond that.

Zombie Rottytops's personality is one that developed as a result of lacking the memories held by her living self. An encounter between the two would likely give an opportunity for the former to get those memories back, but the question is, will she want to, or not for fear of changing who she is? Shantae at least seems to worry about this, hence why she keeps her knowledge of human Rotty a secret so that zombie Rotty won't suffer an identity crisis.

D

Deleted member

Remember when reginator said at the game awards that these characters are gonna be new to the series? That makes spirits deconfirm right?

WRONG!

During the 11.1 direct sakurai said that they have every fighter ever in the base game so there’s no more past veterans to include “UNLESS WE DEVELOP NEW ONES FROM SCRACH”

in other words what Reggie meant was characters not represented as fighters YET just like Joker who was not represented as a fighter in smash YET

SERIES AS IN SERIES OF FIGHTERS

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Remember when reginator said at the game awards that these characters are gonna be new to the series? That makes spirits deconfirm right?

WRONG!

During the 11.1 direct sakurai said that they have every fighter ever in the base game so there’s no more past veterans to include “UNLESS WE DEVELOP NEW ONES FROM SCRACH”

in other words what Reggie meant was characters not represented as fighters YET just like Joker who was not represented as a fighter in smash YET

SERIES AS IN SERIES OF FIGHTERS
It's interesting logic, but it's really all wording that's left up to interpretation. There's no evidence until further clarification or we see a fighter that contradicts the Spirits theory, of which we have none so far.

D

Deleted member

It's interesting logic, but it's really all wording that's left up to interpretation. There's no evidence until further clarification or we see a fighter that contradicts the Spirits theory, of which we have none so far.
I was just eliminating an excuse people use to bring our hopes down

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I was just eliminating an excuse people use to bring our hopes down
That's the thing. You didn't manage to eliminate any argument since all you have to go off on are your interpretation of words. Just leave it be and don't give it attention until it becomes relevant again if it bugs you that much.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
To be fair, in an interview with Reggie - when they were talking about Waluigi - he mentioned something to the effect of Waluigi being a new character to Smash if he was added...even though he's already in Smash...

So, I think he's just referring to playable characters.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It's fine to interpret the words whichever way. Just remember not to try and claim they're the gospel until we see things through properly though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If we've learned anything it's that people's thoughts on these things dont reflect the truth. Think of how many theories and leaks people believed. Really looking at it, there's nothing making the spirits-deconfirming thingy have real value. It's still up in the air anyway,who knows what can happen.

D

Deleted member

If we've learned anything it's that people's thoughts on these things dont reflect the truth. Think of how many theories and leaks people believed. Really looking at it, there's nothing making the spirits-deconfirming thingy have real value. It's still up in the air anyway,who knows what can happen.
You’re right

The only thing that can deconfirm them is that if sakurai says “no”

Or wayforward saying “she’s not in”

Last edited by a moderator:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
You’re right

The only thing that can deconfirm them is that if sakurai says “no”

Or wayforward saying “she’s not in”
Either they don't know and don't want to say it, she'll be in and they don't want to say it, or she won't be in and they don't want to say it.
If it's the latter, they should just say it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Either they don't know and don't want to say it, she'll be in and they don't want to say it, or she won't be in and they don't want to say it.
If it's the latter, they should just say it.
I’m leaning towards the 2nd outcome

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Another late night post from me, sometimes I just like to talk about things I've been just thinking about.

We can sometimes see patterns and connections for things that don't even have anything to do with each other.
Even our basic senses can be fooled pretty easy. That being said, if people want to go with their gut feelings about spirits, they can go ahead and do so.
Until we can get an official word on anything, we're just left guessing. Which is fine. I just don't want people going overboard about something that's not
official.

Also I have a few Shantae related stories or events to talk about, if anyone would like me to post them I'll do so.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Another late night post from me, sometimes I just like to talk about things I've been just thinking about.

We can sometimes see patterns and connections for things that don't even have anything to do with each other.
Even our basic senses can be fooled pretty easy. That being said, if people want to go with their gut feelings about spirits, they can go ahead and do so.
Until we can get an official word on anything, we're just left guessing. Which is fine. I just don't want people going overboard about something that's not
official.

Also I have a few Shantae related stories or events to talk about, if anyone would like me to post them I'll do so.
I’d sure like to read them.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman

official.

I don't really have a side of preference as to whether spirits deconfirm or not. However, I do expect that a good handful of people who are saying they deconfirm are already satisfied with the roster and don't want anyone in particular to be playable and/or already have gotten their desired characters playable. There also those who idiotically say that they deconfirm certain characters simply because they don't want them, and then proceed to say other Spirits whom they actually do want playable have a chance.

I would expect Nintendo to know about our curiosity over the matter by now, because I do realize how much they like to keep everyone wondering and writhing in the dark for whatever reason instead of just giving a simple yes or no for certain things.

Wish they'd just spill it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Zombie Rottytops's personality is one that developed as a result of lacking the memories held by her living self. An encounter between the two would likely give an opportunity for the former to get those memories back, but the question is, will she want to, or not for fear of changing who she is? Shantae at least seems to worry about this, hence why she keeps her knowledge of human Rotty a secret so that zombie Rotty won't suffer an identity crisis.
That does make me wonder if they plan on addressing that Rotty knows Shantae has seen her human half in the next game and how they plan on if/how Rotty talks to Shantae about this.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
I’d sure like to read them.
Alright man, but if you're expecting in game lore stuff I don't have any of that, these are real life stories.

First thing that comes to mind is when I went to go get Half Genie Hero for Wii U like two years back. Went to GameStop, which mind you, are awful.
Go to ask for the game and get straight up told that the game doesn't exist for the Wii U. Showed a picture online of it, and he changed his mind real quick.
This wouldn't be too big of an issue if this didn't happen twice. Almost the same thing happened when I went to get Half Genie Hero for Switch last year.
But this time I got told they didn't have it, even though their computers straight up said they did. Took me like four days of coming in to finally get a copy.

I really should just shop online for these things, but I'm afraid of them getting messed up in the mail. I have other stories too but don't wanna clog this up in one big TLDR post.

D

Deleted member

008716A6-FC0E-4417-BBA9-9A3DA0E3A7C3.jpeg

I know I’m late but “wanna sprite cranberry?”

Edit: YO IM A CHAMPION YALL!

Last edited by a moderator:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That does make me wonder if they plan on addressing that Rotty knows Shantae has seen her human half in the next game and how they plan on if/how Rotty talks to Shantae about this.
There's a good chance that's at least part of the reason Rotty wants Shantae to travel with her. On the other hand, if Shantae spills the beans, there's a good chance that'll lead them back to Abner, who does seem to know more about the Village then he lets on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This makes me laugh
348AB427-1A1D-4BF2-9A95-28F2CA363D36.jpeg

When playing as green mario and getting the risky spirit you can tell risky is frightening green mario with that look

It’s like they’re looking at each other lol

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I've been playing Smash Ultimate a lot lately. Sadly havent found Risky or Shantae yet, but im still holding on hope!

I would love the ability to be able to "promote" spirits up or down a level though so you can use your favorite spirits and keep them at a power level where you are still getting rewards.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing Smash Ultimate a lot lately. Sadly havent found Risky or Shantae yet, but im still holding on hope!

I would love the ability to be able to "promote" spirits up or down a level though so you can use your favorite spirits and keep them at a power level where you are still getting rewards.
In wol shantae is located on the island to the bottom right

And in wod mysterious dimension risky is located on the remains of a pirate ship on the middle right you have to find the secret path first tho

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well, with classes incoming, I might be a bit inactive here from time to time.

I’ll just leave with some cursed fan art that I found on reddit.

DAB34EDF-7582-4CD4-80BC-5ADC17D05436.jpeg

Original Link

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Same late, different night.

I got Risky a while back on the spirit board. Think I knocked her out in two hits. Planning to get Shantae and to do World of Light once I finish my playthrough of BOTW Master Mode. I'm almost finished!

Ah yes, Shantae stories. I actually have a character in the MMO Final Fantasy XI I named Shantae. I made her a Dancer main, which uses dances to heal status debuffs and cure players. I think of all the time I played her only one person sent a personal message telling me how Dancer was such a good fit for my name.

Would show a pic but I'm not playing at the moment, also I never found a good outfit that matched Shantae sadly.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Mmmmm... after a while you notice that the rewards you get for low-level spirits are pretty paltry, even when you do use level-appropriate spirits against them.

It can still be worth it in the long run during World Of Light, but on the Spirit Board where you have limited time it's best to just take your favourite high powered team and power through the encounters.

Top Bottom