• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member

Haven't found Shantae as yet in Wol, but it's no rush. I'm just taking my time with the whole story, but I wouldn't mind anyone telling me where to find her.
Have you tried looking on the bridge at the island?

D

Deleted member

I made shantae miis as seen in these k rool pics
C86C660B-085A-46C5-8345-9B30B1CD4FBB.jpeg
2DDFC1D1-3E4E-478C-B90D-D636099BC334.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As some who loves the Okami series hearing that is a... Spirit Breaker. *Haha*... *sobs*

Really, I thought they would use that money, to build a Yacht big enough to hold their Studio, then, open an actual Yacht club to finally get rid of their false advertising. I mean it's in their name. XD
To be fair, the other Capcom IPs technically aren't used yet outside of SF, Mega Man and, to a small extent, Monster Hunter. As far as third parties heavily invested in Smash go, the focus is mainly towards series that already have their characters in, so in their case it makes sense why much of the rest of their repertoire isn't around for the time being. So this way, there's no need for me to be angry at Konami for passing over Master Higgins and Bonk for no reason at all like in Super Bomberman R.

Your line of thinking about YCG is hilarious tho, I love it.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
To be fair, the other Capcom IPs technically aren't used yet outside of SF, Mega Man and, to a small extent, Monster Hunter. As far as third parties heavily invested in Smash go, the focus is mainly towards series that already have their characters in, so in their case it makes sense why much of the rest of their repertoire isn't around for the time being. So this way, there's no need for me to be angry at Konami for passing over Master Higgins and Bonk for no reason at all like in Super Bomberman R.

Your line of thinking about YCB is hilarious tho, I love it.
That's true about the rest third parties.

I'm telling you it's only a matter of time before Yacht Club's plan is set into motion Haha.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
I know this is off-topic but it needs to be posted.

I was kind of hoping for a short Mummy Demastered video before this happened.

Press F to pay respects.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I know this is off-topic but it needs to be posted.

I was kind of hoping for a short Mummy Demastered video before this happened.

Press F to pay respects.
F.

The Zaibatsu will be missed. The one time I wish this were the work of Crazy Talk, its not. Still, best of luck to each of them. I'll probably stick to WoolieVidya for the Kirby lore vids for now.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
We have gotten no such news to that effect.
Maybe not officially, but what other explanation can you give a DLC character that is far enough done to have a gameplay trailer so close to launch? Stark contrast to Joker. The only other explanation is intentionally holding him back as a pre-order bonus, which seems a bit sleazy and... not really necessary?

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Maybe not officially, but what other explanation can you give a DLC character that is far enough done to have a gameplay trailer so close to launch? Stark contrast to Joker. The only other explanation is intentionally holding him back as a pre-order bonus, which seems a bit sleazy and... not really necessary?
Same thing happen to Mewtwo when he was announced for the WiiU version. I view this as possible time restraints. Sakurai didn't even have to make Piranha Plant at all, and we would only get the 5 DLC characters instead.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
So how many people here beat Classic Mode with all the characters?

I am about a 15(or 16) characters away.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Haven't found Shantae as yet in Wol, but it's no rush. I'm just taking my time with the whole story, but I wouldn't mind anyone telling me where to find her.
She's in the island section of World of Light which, is on the far bottom right side of the map.

So how many people here beat Classic Mode with all the characters?

I am about a 15(or 16) characters away.
I'm almost done with beating Classic Mode with all the characters above 9.0. The only characters left I haven't beat it with is :ultinkling:, :ultcorrin:,:ultrobin:,:ultwiifittrainer:,:ultvillager:,:ultisabelle:, and :ultolimar:.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Maybe not officially, but what other explanation can you give a DLC character that is far enough done to have a gameplay trailer so close to launch? Stark contrast to Joker.
Well.... they both don't have spirits currently in the game, and they're both dlc so......I mean, I'm not saying it's a certainty, but it is the only notable pattern we have so far. I mean, anything else, we'd have to assume without confirmation just as much.

Same thing happen to Mewtwo when he was announced for the WiiU version.
Eh? I don't recall him getting "forgotten" trophy-wise.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Eh? I don't recall him getting "forgotten" trophy-wise.
The 3DS version was also out for several months at the time of that direct, and they still only had a model to show.

We didn't have Street Fighter or Bayonetta trophies until their fighters came along, so as far as I'm concerned there's no real meaning to the absence or presence of spirits in terms of speculation.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
At least you got an reward right?

R-right?
Well Yeah. The kinda pointless fighter spirits. But after the fact I found out that you can buy them in the shop anyway making going through classic with every character pretty pointless.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Rematch of the century. Vote for Shantae!!!!!!!!!!

#ShantaeForSmashDLC

Steelia

Smash Champion
Yo... So I've only collected about 100 tags from online matches so far, but Shantae is one of the most common icons I see being used. Thought y'all would enjoy hearing that.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well if course, but that doesn't suggest that Mewtwo was supposedly forgotten.
It does show they didn't have have a DLC plan set until at least near the end of Smash Wii U's development. They knew Mewtwo wouldn't be getting in the base roster from the start so they put the trophy in to ensure he would at least be represented in some way. Only some time later did they decide Mewtwo would in fact be the first DLC character, and they sure didn't let a trophy being there already stop them.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Yo... So I've only collected about 100 tags from online matches so far, but Shantae is one of the most common icons I see being used. Thought y'all would enjoy hearing that.
Mine is Shantae although I also have a soft spot for Jody Summer... But team Shantae all the way to the end !!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
And the source for that is?

I mean, that's a heavy assumption. Who says that they didn't have that in mind from the get go? Trophy or not.
Sakurai says he tries to make his games feel as complete as possible, without thinking much of DLC until the end. We also know for this game that they have a roster largely set in stone from the beginning. Thoughts of who they could add later might cross their minds but otherwise they stick to their guns and treat development as though they aren't coming... which also falls in line with Sakurai's Smash philosophy of "treat every game like it's the last".

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I don't know if I'll ever get online because I don't want to pay for another online service, but I do have Shantae as my online tag anyways. :grin:

D

Deleted member

Guys I had a theory about the stage selection that gives us hope

I’ll post it soon

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
"Tries". Doesn't mean it can't happen. Especially if Nintendo have him an executive order. And who's to say the game felt any less complete for it?
We are getting a bit off track here: Shantae doesn't belong to Nintendo, and unless you subscribe to the belief that they're privy to all of Wayforward's secret plans regarding the next Shantae game and planning her reveal to coincide with it's release or something, it seems pretty darned far-fetched that they'd actively shoot her down for any reason. I'd only really see them maybe doing something like this for one of their own IPs, which they actually have control over.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I will say, at least wanting Shantae in Smash isn't unrealistic. Unlike me wanting Gally/Alita to be in Jump Force....Gunnm was in Business Jump, that should count darn it!

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Wasn't there some data in the files for an unknown, not present first party character? Could that be filled to be Pirahna Plant's by the time it releases?
Granted, for a unique character that would hypothetically be intended for the base game, he didn't have a gorgeous CGI trailer like the others did...
Guys I had a theory about the stage selection that gives us hope

I’ll post it soon
I assume it's to do with the leftover spot considering the five DLC pack stages?
That is weird. There was press info claiming Pirahna Plant was also going to come with music and a stage later (as DLC post freebie status) but it was changed to omit that, either because it was a leak or because it was wrong. So nor sure what that spot is supposed to be if they left enough for the DLC ones. Even the unique training stage just takes up the existing random slot in its mode, still leaving the spot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok my theory about the stage selection is that if you fill the 5 stages for the fighters pass characters you’ll see there is one missing and the plant dosent count because he doesn’t have a stage or music tracks( Door Key Pig Door Key Pig that was problably an error or you misheard and sakurai didn’t say that he would come with those. try not to acusse me whenever I’m making a theory) besides he’s not part of the pass and my theory is that the leftover slot is actually a extra stages slot for more dlc like the one from 3ds/wii u that could make sense with the 30 character slot thing so if we combine it with that then shantae has 29 chances left we can still do this keep on supporting!

Top Bottom