• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, I'm ready to play smash.

As for Shantae, she is still on middle ground with 4 more free spaces to go. She still has a chance, but just be ready for the worst if it does happen she stays as a spirit.

HAPPY SMASHING EVERYONE.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Well that was something. Dont know what but it's something.

Last edited:

xenother

Smash Apprentice
Vergeben,hitagi,xenother,krono,pandy,

They never said about an atlus rep coming

Anyone ready to press X on them?
Just because we missed out on one thing doesn't mean much at all. It's impossible for us to know everything.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Well, my copy of Smash should be waiting for me when I get home from work. 0 days remain!
Dawn of Smash.jpg

Happy Smashing! Remember...the winner is...EVERYBODY!!!

xenother

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, well done Nintendo for keeping that under wraps. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Not saying its impossible. But out of all Persona games. I sadly disliked 5 the most. My fav. one is actually 3. Joker doesn't interest me, but congrats on n those who want him
Joker may not be the most interesting protagonist in the franchise but he's definitely the most iconic. 5 was many people's first persona game and shower of praise it's gotten is no small contributor. Besides everything else about the game was great for me: The aesthetics, soundtrack art design would make perfect additions to the smash roster.

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Man that was a bit nuts. Went in expecting Metroid at the most, and got a Smash announcement which I was thinking was the least likely. Told my sister about the Persona guy (Joker), and asking for his name since she played the game. Told me he didn't have one, he's just "Protag". Anyways this is going to be interesting within the next year cause it really seems that no one knows who the DLC picks are. How does this bode for Shantae though? No clue. Guess only time will tell for us.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Man that was a bit nuts. Went in expecting Metroid at the most, and got a Smash announcement which I was thinking was the least likely. Told my sister about the Persona guy (Joker), and asking for his name since she played the game. Told me he didn't have one, he's just "Protag". Anyways this is going to be interesting within the next year cause it really seems that no one knows who the DLC picks are. How does this bode for Shantae though? No clue. Guess only time will tell for us.
Well one thing's for certain is Sakurai smashed another fan rule in a character/series needing to have history with Nintendo.

You could argue that the Persona Q spinoff was on the 3DS and Sega's it's parent company but overall the series was a Playstation thing. This definitely opens the floodgates for any character that was previously deemed impossible. Sora? Rayman? Leon? Neptune?(Sakuraiplz). We thought Clouds were the limit but Joker sent us to ******* space.

Also if this is the 1st of the DLC that fighter's pass is looking mighty tempting now.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
If anyone is brave enough, I think I put Joker as one of my "Impossible Dream Picks" for characters I wanted...and I am absolutely losing it right now

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
verge needs to give up already....a square enix rep wasn't the first character and yet he's still acting like this was according to plan

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just realized I haven’t commented on this recent development.

I’m surprised and excited, I mean yeah I think the phrase you’ll never see it comin’ is pretty apt in this scenario. Only played P5 with my former roommate but I know enough about it and the series as a whole. But yeah despite him not being who I had in mind, I’m pleasantly surprised and I can’t wait to see him in action.

(Also I’ll admit that he was an idea I had for a guest character in a Sonic fighting game concept I’ve had in mind for a while, is there anywhere on the site I can further discuss those ideas?)

I wonder if this will be a sign that they’ll bring Persona 5 to the Switch kinda like how we’re finally getting FF7 among a few other FF games.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
verge needs to give up already....a square enix rep wasn't the first character and yet he's still acting like this was according to plan
To be fair, the info getting leaked could've easily played a hand at changing the schedule around, assuming that the first reveal an SE character.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I dont think anyone expected joker realistically, it was the dream pick, and great for them.

Now what regie said was interesting... that all the dlc will be surprising fan favortie guests. So maybe all third party... that does boost shantae a bit, but can she still be surprising having a spirit? Time will tell

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I dont think anyone expected joker realistically, it was the dream pick, and great for them.

Now what regie said was interesting... that all the dlc will be surprising fan favortie guests. So maybe all third party... that does boost shantae a bit, but can she still be surprising having a spirit? Time will tell
I mean, a lot of people are writing any character with a spirit off from the get go, so who knows. I would say this neither helps nor hurts her case as anything could happen.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice

Problem is the wording "fan favorite'' is pretty broad and could mean a lot of things. Joker's popular but didn't have much of a presence is Smash polls which could potentially mean other popular 3rd party characters would come. If I was Sakurai I would definitely go all out on DLC to make this game truly "ultimate" and I believe he has the same mindset.
brick block?
View attachment 182053

But in all seriousness, Ryu Hayabusa?

Also I’ve always wanted to do that.
I mean if he's one of pac-man's sprite things I don't see why not.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

For the record, Reggie didn't specify that they'd all be guests, but his wording seemed to heavily imply it.

It's definitely a wait and see scenario.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Ryu’s from Koei Tecmo, not Bandai Namco. He’s the Ninja Gaiden guy.
whoops you can tell my brain's failing me this late.

But yeah a ninja moveset would be pretty unique(:ultgreninja: lets forget about him fora minute) as well as his various weapons and magic like his clones

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
So I'm not going to be getting the Fighter's Pass or Nintendo Online, least not now because of Holiday reasons. I wanna know though, would I still be able to buy the Plant at a later time? He's not only tied to the Pass is he?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I'm not going to be getting the Fighter's Pass or Nintendo Online, least not now because of Holiday reasons. I wanna know though, would I still be able to buy the Plant at a later time? He's not only tied to the Pass is he?
Yeah he’ll be able to be purchased separately after January 31

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
PP is unrelated to the pass you just need to register the game on a My Nintendo account before Febuary 2019 or buy him after

https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/

Last edited:
Top Bottom