• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but a recent Fire Emblem Heroes crossover event has some special Super Smash Bros. Ultimate heroes being added, including Princess Zelda... Who is voiced by none other than Christina Vee!

https://twitter.com/rice_deity/status/1070412221421891584?s=19

EDIT: Hold on...someone is saying it could potentially be fake? Please, let me know if I made a mistake!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly think Lloyd is gonna be one of the DLC fighters. He and Sora (For obvious reasons) are the only requested characters who are completely absent from ultimate
And here’s another thing Lloyd’s VA has been avoiding Smash Ultimate questions, which he never did for Brawl and Wii U.....weird huh?

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but a recent Fire Emblem Heroes crossover event has some special Super Smash Bros. Ultimate heroes being added, including Princess Zelda... Who is voiced by none other than Christina Vee!

Well

At least shantaes VA is in

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

EDIT: Hold on...someone is saying it could potentially be fake? Please, let me know if I made a mistake!
Hey, Wwlink! I haven't seen you in awhile. How're you? :)

And, um, yeah, I don't think it's real?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I honestly think Lloyd is gonna be one of the DLC fighters. He and Sora (For obvious reasons) are the only requested characters who are completely absent from ultimate

I’d say he’s got pretty good odds, and at the very least we don’t have a dual-wielding sword user yet. (:ultpit: doesn’t count)

The only other Namco rep I could see aside from him or Heihachi is Nightmare from Soulcalibur

Speaking of which, dat Pit artwork tho.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Hey, Wwlink! I haven't seen you in awhile. How're you? :)

And, um, yeah, I don't think it's real?
Im doing good. It's Finals week, so I havent had much time. Im now extremely behind on a lot of current speculation. ;)

We could be getting something new in less than 12 hours with the VGAs!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And here’s another thing Lloyd’s VA has been avoiding Smash Ultimate questions, which he never did for Brawl and Wii U.....weird huh?
Menville or Beacock? He has two voice actors, the former is TT Robin, the latter is Monokuma and there is an important distinction between the two.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I was thinking Jade, but, um... I guess that works too?
Jade would be cool just seems odd of them not to have a main character being the playable rep of the series

Thats a really cool fake!

So just so you guys know, people do have the game and are streaming it. Here are a few places you can watch

https://www.twitch.tv/nairomk

https://www.twitch.tv/dmbrandon

https://www.twitch.tv/shofu

Wonder how they got the game early

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Jade would be cool just seems odd of them not to have a main character being the playable rep of the series

Thats a really cool fake!

So just so you guys know, people do have the game and are streaming it. Here are a few places you can watch

https://www.twitch.tv/nairomk

https://www.twitch.tv/dmbrandon

https://www.twitch.tv/shofu

Wonder how they got the game early
Nario an Shofu are both major Smash Bros players, so I guess that might be why. Good way to get the hype going when people can watch their favorite youtubers play early.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Didn't Sakurai already rule out other Namco characters? And is Lloyd's Mii fighter costume gone?

D

Deleted member

Didn't Sakurai already rule out other Namco characters? And is Lloyd's Mii fighter costume gone?
Nope

“PolarPanda (verified Smashboards insider, heard mentions of Lloyd from other insiders and his Nintendo Brand Ambassador source)”

And sakurai said if there would be a tales rep it would be Lloyd.

Menville or Beacock? He has two voice actors, the former is TT Robin, the latter is Monokuma and there is an important distinction between the two.
Idk. not much of a fan tbh but if they were choosing Lloyd they would mostly go with the previous va

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Nope

“PolarPanda (verified Smashboards insider, heard mentions of Lloyd from other insiders and his Nintendo Brand Ambassador source)”

Idk. not much of a fan tbh but if they were choosing Lloyd they would mostly go with the previous va
When were either of those things said?

Also I’m under the assumption that Hynden Welch didn’t return as Viridi because she’s been busy with Teen Titans stuff, so I doubt Scott would be able to voice him as well.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Nope

If is a big word there. Plus We don't know if that NBA actually has heard correct info. they could be spreading fake info to throw people off.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If is a big word there. Plus We don't know if that NBA actually has heard correct info. they could be spreading fake info to throw people off.
Lloyd came from a random dude according to Panda, so it's probably not true.

Said random dude probably contacted his source if I recall correctly, but dunno if that's true or not.

Panda's source also has 3 other people (at least one is a higher-up idk) that talk to him, and watch out for him, according to Panda himself (once again, if I recall correctly).

D

Deleted member

Also I’m under the assumption that Hynden Welch didn’t return as Viridi because she’s been busy with Teen Titans stuff, so I doubt Scott would be able to voice him as well.
PolarPanda PolarPanda has heard Lloyd from some of his sources but couldn’t verify it yet

As for the other thing
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/
—The Tales series has 20 years of history, how did you decide on Lloyd for the costume?
Sakurai: I’m not sure if there was any other appropriate choice?
—For example, how about the protagonist of the first game, Cress? [TN: From Tales of Phantasia]
Sakurai: I really think it has to be Lloyd here (laughs). I could have gone down the route of choosing from the first entry in the series, but for old games it’s somewhat common for the editorial supervision from the original creator to make the process difficult.

Look man idk who it is. But someone said that one of them avoided smash ultimate questions which he never did for brawl and 3ds/wiiU

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I am the one who’s been working on a voice cast for this series (among several others).

If you’d like to, you can check our this site:
https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/
Just a heads up but Behindthevoiceactors is not entirely accurate. In my experience, its been very reliable but every once in awhile it either doesn't have entries or the entries are slightly wrong. Still reliable, though with a few issues.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hope you all enjoy the game coming soon :)
Finally gonna be able to get our shantae spirit too <3

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

You'd be wrong. The reason she hasn't returned for Viridi in this game is because she's union.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Hey, can we tone down the predictions at the game awards. It might be something we are not looking forward to and end up as a salt breakdown.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord

That's fanmade. It was originally posted on Reddit here, and the poster mentions in a comment that it was made by a friend of his.

As a FEH player myself, this is pretty well-made, but very obviously not real. The art doesn't align well with the rest of the game and the current event calendar doesn't mention a new banner on Dec. 7.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
While loyd is a more obvious choice for a tales of rep, i think in terms of uniqueness it should be velvet. Her whole therion mechanic would be kinda fun to play with. plus she is voiced by vee as well.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Switch acquired. microSD acquired. Smash acquired. Finally playing HGH. Hype levels at maximum.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
And Hynden Walch did the same last game as well.
Contracts like that change though. Especially when it's the main protagonist vs a supporting character.

And what applies to Hynden may not apply to Anthony or Scott Menville. And hey, at worst, they'd just get Llyod a new VA for Ultimate anyway

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Contracts like that change though. Especially when it's the main protagonist vs a supporting character.

And what applies to Hynden may not apply to Anthony or Scott Menville. And hey, at worst, they'd just get a Llyod a new VA for Ultimate anyway
And has word surfaced if that was the case for her? You’re basically saying that’s what could’ve happened.

Also yeah I mentioned Beacock before.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Lloyd came from a random dude according to Panda, so it's probably not true.

Said random dude probably contacted his source if I recall correctly, but dunno if that's true or not.

Panda's source also has 3 other people (at least one is a higher-up idk) that talk to him, and watch out for him, according to Panda himself (once again, if I recall correctly).
Gotcha thanks for the clarification I mean, I wouldn't mind Lloyd, i loved that game, I just haven't seen much pointing to him other then VA;s not speaking(which is the same for shantae but she does have a spirit yet there are no Tales Of Spirits)

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
PolarPanda PolarPanda has heard Lloyd from some of his sources but couldn’t verify it yet

As for the other thing
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/21/nintendodream3/
—The Tales series has 20 years of history, how did you decide on Lloyd for the costume?
Sakurai: I’m not sure if there was any other appropriate choice?
—For example, how about the protagonist of the first game, Cress? [TN: From Tales of Phantasia]
Sakurai: I really think it has to be Lloyd here (laughs). I could have gone down the route of choosing from the first entry in the series, but for old games it’s somewhat common for the editorial supervision from the original creator to make the process difficult.

Look man idk who it is. But someone said that one of them avoided smash ultimate questions which he never did for brawl and 3ds/wiiU
Hitagi did as well, not just me. Lloyd's name has been going around in circles for a while, but nobody's completely verified it yet.

(Please, nobody twists my words and say I just leaked Lloyd again, lol.. I'm just saying rumors going around in leak circles currently, nobody is 100% on Lloyd right now).

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hitagi did as well, not just me. Lloyd's name has been going around in circles for a while, but nobody's completely verified it yet.

(Please, nobody twists my words and say I just leaked Lloyd again, lol.. I'm just saying rumors going around in leak circles currently, nobody is 100% on Lloyd right now).
Gotcha. Seems like a solid pick, though want others before him myself.

A SE seems very likely, with Rare spirits in the game Banjo seems like a lock. That odd Style Savvy music tied to no stage is very suspicious, and so is missing Porky. That last slot could be Lloyd. I would prefer Shantae or Adeleine. Any leaky words floating around for them or others?

Top Bottom