• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Why do you keep leaving for the far off land of the Banjo-Kazooie thread, without me? :sadeyes:
Aren’t you watching it too? You should be getting notified about that if you are.

https://smashboards.com/threads/ban...blasting-to-dlc.446558/page-185#post-22796491 here’s that post if you wanted to see it.

EDIT: Okay I’m apparently not getting notifications about that thread despite me saying that I’m watching it, I don’t know what’s up with that.

EDIT AGAIN: Now I’m getting notifications now that I’ve checked over there and I don’t know how this website works anymore!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just thought of something

All of this all of this

•her winning to be the next nendoroid
•shantae and Samus fan art
•the more attention she’s getting
•her Japanese popularity (of course)
•winning fan polls
•showing we love her in smash (spirit/icon)
If we can outcry to Nintendo and sakurai about her without even asking we might have a secure spot for the next game

Even if we rally Nintendo for her to be dlc even if she won’t happen They’ll still listen to us and convince sakurai about her to be put in the next game and get promoted to something more than what shovels his way into everything knight got.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukefire

Smash Master
The Game Awards are tomorrow everyone and its the final pitstop before ultimate.

Some are predicting that the first newcomer for the fighter pass will be revealed, but I doubt it. What do you think?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The Game Awards are tomorrow everyone and its the final pitstop before ultimate.

Some are predicting that the first newcomer for the fighter pass will be revealed, but I doubt it. What do you think?
If it is, I don’t think it’ll be anything more than a model similar to how they revealed Mewtwo last game, since I doubt they’ve had the time to work out enough moves and animations.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
If it is, I don’t think it’ll be anything more than a model similar to how they revealed Mewtwo last game, since I doubt they’ve had the time to work out enough moves and animations.
I wouldn't even be mad. Least we'd know who's showing up and whatever ends the speculating and flame wars fast. Not to mention the leaks. I really hope Nintendo doesn't let all that continue throughout 2019.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

I mean, I believe there could maybe be something Smash related at the Awards, but, yeah, I highly doubt that it'd be a fighter pass reveal, anyway.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Has anyone figured out where Shantae is located on the world of light map yet?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The only Japanese third-party I could see that isn’t a 2nd or 3rd franchise from a company already in the game is Ninja Gaiden.

I know Crash is on the Switch now but I don’t know how willing PlayStation or Activision would be to put Crash or Spyro now that they’ve started making their comebacks, Lara is owned by Square now so I don’t know how her odds would stack up against the other possible Square reps, and I don’t see a MK rep for what should be obvious reasons, but considering Bayonetta’s source material, who knows?
I could see Sub-Zero get picked at some point and baffle just about EVERYONE in Japan, it would be their equivalent of a Bayonetta-tier WTF reveal. :laugh:

Monster Hunter is probably the only real feasible big-name japanese third-party left (Square is not being very cooperative).

Everything we do, should be done to improve Shantae's standing as a whole. It's a win-win scenario: either she gets in Smash and receives a big boost in popularity that leads to more sales and games, or she continues to release progressively bigger and better games which increase the odds of getting in Smash (and have more potential to draw from for a moveset).
Luckily, Pirate's Curse and HGH's public presences ought to help with receiving budget for the latter case, especially since PC has that limited run edition coming.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Aren’t you watching it too? You should be getting notified about that if you are.

https://smashboards.com/threads/ban...blasting-to-dlc.446558/page-185#post-22796491 here’s that post if you wanted to see it.

EDIT: Okay I’m apparently not getting notifications about that thread despite me saying that I’m watching it, I don’t know what’s up with that.

EDIT AGAIN: Now I’m getting notifications now that I’ve checked over there and I don’t know how this website works anymore!!!
Now one ever knew how this site works, occasionally I get notifications on threads I haven't posted on ages ago.

I mean, I believe there could maybe be something Smash related at the Awards, but, yeah, I highly doubt that it'd be a fighter pass reveal, anyway.
Somehow I get the feeling a lot of people are going to be proven wrong. Ah well, we'll see what happens in less than 10 hours. Maybe Kojima will even get to pay a visit there.

That being said, I'm sure it'll be leak-central soon, so I'll avoid most of the Internet until it's time, so I'll be back next time.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So I know this isn’t as exciting of an idea for Classic Mode for Shantae as my last idea, but hear me out. Can you guess the theme of this one?

Stage 1: :ultgnw: in Flat Zone X
Stage 2: :ultdaisy: & :ultwario: in Golden Plains
Stage 3: :ultkirby: & :ultkingdedede:in Dream Land GB
Stage 4: :ultpikachu:, :ultjigglypuff: &:ultpokemontrainer: in Saffron City
Stage 5: :ultdarkpit: in Reset Bomb Forest
Stage 6: :ultrobin:, :ultchrom: & :ultlucina: in Arena Ferox
Boss: Master Hand
This reminds me, Wario's makeover of Mario's castle in Super Mario Land 2 is very similar to what the Pirate Master did with his in both the tone and difficulty spikes they provide. Even their zig-zagging, rising structure is the same.
Its all a mystery of her fate. Sakurai is already thinking one step further with having ideas outside of the box.

The best we can do is continue cheering on and hope its enough. If not, be glad she has her foot in the door as a ACE Support Spirit
And an online avatar that will be seen by anyone and everyone who plays Smash online.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Somewhere in that ocean to the southeast, I'd guess. On a fairly large island.
Thank you very much. At least I know to which path I will start with when I get to the first fork in the road.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
So how would everyone feel if Shantae got revealed during VGA tomorrow for Smash?
Love her to pieces, but I think the reveal (whenever it is) of the first DLC will be someone HUGE that way people will begin buying the $25 DLC bundles. The average consumer's thoughts are "if this is the first person they show, they'll only get better!"

I still have high hopes that she'll make it in to Smash Bros, but I don't think she's big enough to be the first to be shown.

zferolie

Smash Hero
less then 24 hours remain

Remember guys, Shantae, and any possible DLC character, still has a chance until the dlc is finished or sakurai or someone else offically says no. Screw fan rules, screw leaks, screw datamining. We have no idea what Sakurai and Nintendo will do.

Now, if the game awards gives use a reveal, and its someone that does have a spirit, that greatly increases shantae's chances. if it doesn't, then her chances stay the same. I myself think Spirits don't deconfirm, and have my list of these 5 DLC

Geno, Adeleine(tie to new kirby game, Banjo and Kazooie, Porky(tied to possible Mother released for 30th aniversery), and Shantae. 2 spirits that were highly requested, 2 spirits strangly missing, and most likely the highest voted character on the ballot(they say Bayonetta but I think Banjo was higher but just wasn't possible back then). Geno while I know some people say don't get your hopes up(that leaker you talked to vergeben), I think that would be the easiest character nintendo can get from SE. Very little legal issues unlike DQ, which I feel is just as likely but those legal issues hold me back a bit. If a Dragon quest character is in though, and the first 5 characters are characters without spirits, that doesn't spell doom for shantae, as I am sure we'll get a season 2 that does have spirits. In that case this is my guesses for the first season.

Slime, Adeleine, Banjo and Kazooie, Porky, and Rhythm Girl OR Style Savvy Girl(if that data mine info is correct where a song from the series is tied to a blank character and stage)

I am sure we will get at least 1 more season that will use spirits. Plus... this may just be me, but I feel that Sakurai will throw out free echos as well, not tied to the fighters pass. Like when Porky is released we get a free Ninten Echo. Maybe we will get 5 echos over smash's life time of dlc. The other 4 I can see is Ms Pac Man, Medusa, Black Shadow, and someone else, maybe tied to another dlc fighter.

Season 2, if my first guess happens will have Rhythm girl or Style Savvy girl, Rex and Pyra or Pyra/Mythra, Sylux, Rayman, someone else. If the second option happens, then Shantae, Rayman, Pyra/Mythra or Rex and Pyra, and someone else.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Splatoon's Official Artwork with a Special Splatfest coming.

Are you with Heroes or Villains?
DtsesFoU0AAUF1K.jpeg
DtsfBS4VYAAFAF4.jpeg

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
So i heard through the grape vine that the smash reveal tonight is going to be dragons quest. Dont really have an opinion on that.
also the boxing ring titles have been released
love kirbys

zferolie

Smash Hero
So i heard through the grape vine that the smash reveal tonight is going to be dragons quest. Dont really have an opinion on that.
love kirbys
Thats been a rumor for awhile, and I can see it happening. Despite the legal issues, Dragon quest is the biggest JRPG series overall world wide with Final Fantasy, and started on nintendo and is the grandfather of all JRPGs. Makes sense we would get a rep from it. Personally I hope its slime.

D

Deleted member

love kirbys
It better not be slime or I’m gonna riot

zferolie

Smash Hero
Still personally hoping it's gonna be Banjo-Kazooie myself.
The rumors are its tied to a game winning/nominated for best in genre, plus people are saying the first will be a SE rep. I think Banjo may be in for sure, given those rareware spirits, but i think they may be later. Maybe 3rd.

It better not be slime or I’m gonna riot
Whats wrong with slime? Its the face of dragon quest, and could have a very unique playstyle

D

Deleted member

The rumors are its tied to a game winning/nominated for best in genre, plus people are saying the first will be a SE rep. I think Banjo may be in for sure, given those rareware spirits, but i think they may be later. Maybe 3rd.

Whats wrong with slime? Its the face of dragon quest, and could have a very unique playstyle
:facepalm:
Like what? Hop?

Better make him a mii hat like they did with the choboco
About what?
They said this after she won

zferolie

Smash Hero
:facepalm:
Like what? Hop?

Better make him a mii hat like they did with the choboco

They said this after she won
Just watch this video. Its from the creator of Brawl in the family and shows how easily a slime moveset could be.

D

Deleted member

Just watch this video. Its from the creator of Brawl in the family and shows how easily a slime moveset could be.

If any dq character gets in it should be him
D565EC59-542F-4FB8-81A8-72ED4988CB94.png

I should have not mentioned slime

End....of....discussion

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
They could totally make him like robin, Corrin and Wii fit and give him his female form as an alt skin.

zferolie

Smash Hero
They could totally make him like robin, Corrin and Wii fit and give him his female form as an alt skin.
Thats true, or just call them Hero, and have him have 8 different varients with different DQ heroes. 9 and 10 wouldn't have reps as both use character created heroes, that leaves 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 11. One of those could be removed, and I beleive 5 and one other had a male and female version, so take the female versions of those.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Hey it’s not another fire emblem sword user

And speaking of that......Lloyd is starting to become likely for the 2nd bamco rep

Ok what?
I honestly think Lloyd is gonna be one of the DLC fighters. He and Sora (For obvious reasons) are the only requested characters who are completely absent from ultimate

Top Bottom