• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but I just don't see it with Shovel Knight. That's all I have to say about that.
I can understand it especially compared to Shantae's enormous moveset potential. But a guy with a shovel could open to manyyy possibilities as well ^^

This is from me tonight.

Have the image of the menacing clones staring at you.

View attachment 178621
Oh god this hypes me up ! :D

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239

zferolie

Smash Hero
Missed a bunch the last few days

I get the feeling he’s been lurking around here this entire time.

View attachment 178415

What ‘cha doing there boy?
View attachment 178416
Really like that artwork. whos the artist?

well Congrats. (600)
another step on the way :)

Cute shantae there! know the artist?

well we made it to 600. Lets have some rotty and skye to celebrate
I feel like I have seen this artist before but can't remember the name. funny though.

Some more Smash tweets detailing how much Sakurai pays attention to details.

'

I approve more artwork of Urbosa. God I wish she got into Hyrule Warriors...

Curious if anyone here did Shantae a solid on this yet.
Voted, and Shantae is in the top 3. its pretty amazing how popular she is overall

Dukefire

Smash Master
Hey Guys, I found out that Nintendo Life has some early Footage of Smash Ultimate of what it has to offer.

Left a spoiler tag in case you still want to go in blind once the game comes out.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hey Guys, I found out that Nintendo Life has some early Footage of Smash Ultimate of what it has to offer.

Left a spoiler tag in case you still want to go in blind once the game comes out.

I have heard that everyone fights a different boss. thats pretty cool. Giga bowser looks great and a great throwback.

I wonder if any other bosses have been shown. I have only seen this, Rathalos for duck hunt, and that guy from brawl for Wolf

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman

Love the freeze frame on mario when link killed himself (and also that ending wow).
gamexplain also showcased some world of light gameplay. seems like the music also fits to the spirit youre fighting. so maybe we got some shantae music in the game.

D

Deleted member

18 DAYS REMAIN:ultdoc:

Let’s keep this shantae support coming guys!

logicandreason logicandreason so if shantae music came with her spirit and put into the other section in the music tracks

What dose that mean for her chances?

I’m curious

Last edited by a moderator:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I have heard that everyone fights a different boss. thats pretty cool. Giga bowser looks great and a great throwback.

I wonder if any other bosses have been shown. I have only seen this, Rathalos for duck hunt, and that guy from brawl for Wolf
Maybe Ganon will appear after fighting Ganondorf with Link.

Also nice to see Race To The Finish return.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Maybe Ganon will appear after fighting Ganondorf with Link.

Also nice to see Race To The Finish return.
Ganon for Any Zelda character(even Ganondorf) Or maybe Skull kid and Majora's mask, Mother brain for Metroid characters. Medusa or Hades for the Kid Icarus characters

Yeah we haven't seen race to the finish since Melee.

BTW Palutena's guidence has returned

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ganon for Any Zelda character(even Ganondorf) Or maybe Skull kid and Majora's mask, Mother brain for Metroid characters. Medusa or Hades for the Kid Icarus characters

Yeah we haven't seen race to the finish since Melee.

BTW Palutena's guidence has returned

If this comes back

Then so dose codec calls

Oh wait I forgot

Nothing. a new section will just be created for her when the dlc drops.
Oh ok thank you

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm gonna be curious if the Shantae series gets a logo despite not having a playable fighter yet. Will probably depend on how much Shantae content there actually is.

D

Deleted member

Let’s see what I missed so far

I remain optimistic that shantae will be playable in the future. And hopefully if there's echo fighters dlc our favorite law breaking space hooligan "hint hint profile pic" will be playable too!
Who?

I get the feeling he’s been lurking around here this entire time.

View attachment 178415

What ‘cha doing there boy?
View attachment 178416
Bolo what are you doing?
well we made it to 600. Lets have some rotty and skye to celebrate
Rotty looks cute in that
Ok, so im not saying that shane cant get in, its just that she is already a spirit
And spirits don’t deconfirm
That's because he can't really do much. All he can do is dig and fish. Not much you can do with that.

Shantae has a ton of moves and transformations that you can make for a Smash moveset. So Sakurai would have an easier time making her from scratch.
Uh excuse Me?
That is a false statement right there. Just play SK/RoA if you want to see what he can do.

Another thing to consider as a general rule; don't count someone out because you think they can't do much. Especially in cases where you might not be as familiar with a character in the first place. I think the Smash community has been proven wrong on this far too often as it is.

Remember these guys? :ultfalcon::ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob::ultpiranha:

And they're the one's that don't do much. Shovel Knight on the other hand does a lot, so how can one say that he doesn't have much to work with?

It's wrong when people say it about Shantae, and it's still wrong when said of SK or any number of other potential newcomers. And that's not to say that it can't be true in some situations, but cases like those are fewer than you'd think. Afterall, with enough creative liberty even the unlikeliest of characters can work out.

Anyways, didn't mean to go so off topic there. Let's get back to Shantae stuffs.
What about us? :ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultvillager::ultisabelle:
This is from me tonight.

Have the image of the menacing clones staring at you.

View attachment 178621
Mom said it’s my turn on the Xbox

Some more Smash tweets detailing how much Sakurai pays attention to details.

Sakurai sure dose loves similarity’s

MELEE HD

I'm gonna be curious if the Shantae series gets a logo despite not having a playable fighter yet. Will probably depend on how much Shantae content there actually is.
Do you see a SK logo when he is an AT? What about Yuri custom robo and brain age?

She won’t get a logo so we’re still safe

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well the "World of Light" and "Classic Mode" is more epic this time around than I thought.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I was watching one of the long Ultimate gameplay videos from GameXplain. Turns out you can get multiple of spirits, rather than some being 1-time-only in The World of Light, meaning it is very likely possible to get a ton of Shantae spirits if you really want to go full collector mode. If you look closely, you see them have 5 or 6 Smokey Proggs, which is the first spirit in the World of Light.

To me, its just nice to know that its possible to get every spirit again after losing them. I always get nervous about 1-time-get items.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was watching one of the long Ultimate gameplay videos from GameXplain. Turns out you can get multiple of spirits, rather than some being 1-time-only in The World of Light, meaning it is very likely possible to get a ton of Shantae spirits if you really want to go full collector mode. If you look closely, you see them have 5 or 6 Smokey Proggs, which is the first spirit in the World of Light.

To me, its just nice to know that its possible to get every spirit again after losing them. I always get nervous about 1-time-get items.
If I remember right, you can get duplicates but you can fuse them to get other stuff.

Typically I dont like that there's duplicates, it makes getting the ones you're missing longer :/
But if we can do stuff with dupes then maybe it'll be fun still.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
If I remember right, you can get duplicates but you can fuse them to get other stuff.

Typically I dont like that there's duplicates, it makes getting the ones you're missing longer :/
But if we can do stuff with dupes then maybe it'll be fun still.
I know there are at least a few ways to get rid of dupes.

1: You can break them down into parts in order to craft stronger spirits

2 You can feed them to amiibos (and to other spirits...?)

Im wondering if there's anything else you can do. I would love to be able to "rank up" spirits by having multiples of the same spirit (or by leveling them up, like in gachas). Im hoping they made considerations for those of us who want to use spirits for the characters over the power level.

Fil with an "f"

Smash Rookie
She's probably my second most wanted character after Black Shadow from F Zero.
And I don't think we're ever going to get Black Shadow in smash at all besides Project M. But Shantae seems really likely especially since Nintendo wants to push it's indie puns.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
She's probably my second most wanted character after Black Shadow from F Zero.
And I don't think we're ever going to get Black Shadow in smash at all besides Project M. But Shantae seems really likely especially since Nintendo wants to push it's indie puns.
While I think Black Shadow would be awesome, even though I know very little about F-Zero, I can't say he's entirely likely...although he is a popular fan request from what I've seen. I think F-Zero is due for some additional representation someday.

As for Shantae, she is almost a shoe-in if Nintendo is wanting to represent indies.

Now, there is also a chance of additional free content in the future, especially if they intend on Smash Ultimate lasting the whole Switch lifespan. We could see quite a few more characters than just the additional 5 DLC fighters.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Some new proof to take to the haters that say that Shantae being a spirit deconfirms her as a fighter(also if they support Rayman).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Some new proof to take to the haters that say that Shantae being a spirit deconfirms her as a fighter(also if they support Rayman).

Hmmmmm

Mewtwo-Lucas/smash 4 dlc

Shantae-rayman/smash ultimate dlc

I think I’m seeing a pattern here

And remember what :ultkingdedede: says everyone....

Sorry images aren’t working

zferolie

Smash Hero

I mean if sakurai wanted to eliminate 99% of his choices then spirits would deconfirm. Since I doubt he's that stupid, they must not deconfirm

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97

Rayman is a Spirit, too? Now I'm really hoping that Spirit characters still have a chance as DLC... Because if they don't... Well, then there are very few good DLC candidates left standing.

D

Deleted member

Would wf really do this

Just have a goggle png while SK has a 3D model

No 3D shantae?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm sure there's enough FE characters to go around.
And not even the interesting ones like Black Knight or Lyn, just whoever's in three houses.
Pretty much now people saying spirits reconfirm characters might want to reconsider that statement.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
So, Shantae, Geno, Rayman, Tails, Bandanna Dee, Elma, Pyra, Dixie... Yeah, spirits definitely don't deconfirm anyone. I find it very hard to believe that out of 5 characters not one of them is one of these very popular, important and highly requested characters.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Some things real quick:
1. I glad they did the right thing with the metal sonic spirit fight. (idk why they wouldnt. also like the sonic heros music nice one there)
2. I didnt see anyone discuss shantaes possible taunts. Id think it would be cool if she kinda pulled a pac man thing but instead of references to wayfowards games, she'd transform into various animals from all the series represented, like a chao, keese, cheap cheap, metroid, etc.
3. Unrelated to anything but I need a good shantae image for my conscious objector.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
So, Shantae, Geno, Rayman, Tails, Bandanna Dee, Elma, Pyra, Dixie... Yeah, spirits definitely don't deconfirm anyone. I find it very hard to believe that out of 5 characters not one of them is one of these very popular, important and highly requested characters.
Nintendo would be insane...And I mean beyond Wii U and Virtual Boy levels of insane.

Top Bottom