• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This from me tonight.

I have been following both on Computer and mobile, so I'm not out of the loop. Though my mobile version has been blocked by this Survey thing popping in all the time I come back here. It will be slow, but I'm still here.

Its not shantae related, but the Pink Puffball is getting another update towards Star Allies 7 days before Smash Ultimate's release date.

Looks like the tagline EVERYONE IS HERE!! doesn’t just apply to Smash, does it?

Still want Marx in Smash tho.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don't think I've seen Elline from "Kirby and the Rainbow Curse" in the game yet, so I'm not too sure about that. :p

Hey, trust me, you're not alone. :D
Okay almost everyone, though I don’t know what she’d bring considering we already have a painter in Adeline, also if there was anyway for him to look good in 3D, (and I mean 3D angles considering certain parts of the game) I’d like to see Prince Fluff as well, he’d be pretty unique

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Oof, I feel bad for Cristina Vee. Everyone's harassing her for any bit of info they can think of. Like she said, people are reading too much into it and I think it's really bothering her. I saw a similar tweet in the Elma thread made by someone who worked on the Xeno games that essentially said "Hey everybody, stop reading into innocuous tweets."

Edit: Actually, I think she said "Being in Smash is a dream." specifically to try and tell people that she's not in it.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh, that reminds me, imagine if in the next Shantae game, you’d be able to play as Shantae’s friends on top of Shantae (either with 2-4 players or switching them in and out in single-player) and each character has access to four different objects to quickly switch between that’d have similar properties to Shantae’s transformations, but still unique in certain ways:

Shantae-transformations (Monkey, Elephant, Spider, and Harpy, each would be more fleshed put to compensate for less forms)
Rottytops-different creepy objects and creatures
Sky-different types of birds
Bolo-weapons and machinery created by him and Mimic

(Risky could be like a secret character with her Pirate Gear and stuff)

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Shantae’s friends on top of Shantae
I didn't know Wayforward developed those kinds of games. Now I really wanna play that...
Rottytops-different creepy objects and creatures
I thought she'd just use, you know, her own body, but okay. :)

Do you have any objects/creatures in mind?

Last edited:

Shark X

Smash Lord
That's weird. I don't see you in there anymore.
Me either. Only thing I said at all in the last two days was a response to someone about the Shantae 4 DLC, which was today, one line about how I liked the Risky DLC better than the main game. Then I left. Came back 12 hours later to find out it's missing from my Discord server list. So I know I didn't do or say anything to tick anyone off today because that was literally all I said in two or three days.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I didn't know Wayforward developed those kinds of games. Now I really wanna play that...

(sigh)

I brought this upon myself didn’t I?

EDIT: Ya know what though? I wouldn’t put it past Wayforward to use that exact same wording to promote something like this. So let’s just run with it.

I thought she'd just use, you know, her own body, but okay. :)

Do you have any objects/creatures in mind?
Of the top of my head I could see Rotty using a bat to fly around and act as her version of the Harpy, it could fire off sonar signals which would be useful for outlining platforms in dark rooms and could even stun enemies or her own spiders to climb up walls and shoot out webs as grabs/grapples/etc.

Last edited:

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
where did you hear about that sakurai statement regarding fire emblem characters? Cause wasn’t it sakurai who decided to add Corrin and not Nintendo? I can see nintendo suggesting it but not requiring it, but sakurai chose to add Corrin anyway or maybe Nintendo forced him to for promotion.
I heard that from some interview awhile back. He thought adding Corrin would be pushing it but Nintendo told him "Do it anyway".

I just think there might be a bit more fair choice of characters this time around.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Me either. Only thing I said at all in the last two days was a response to someone about the Shantae 4 DLC, which was today, one line about how I liked the Risky DLC better than the main game. Then I left. Came back 12 hours later to find out it's missing from my Discord server list. So I know I didn't do or say anything to tick anyone off today because that was literally all I said in two or three days.
Tried rejoining?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

(sigh)

I brought this upon myself didn’t I?

Of the top of my head I could see Rotty using a bat to fly around and act as her version of the Harpy, it could fire off sonar signals which would be useful for outlining platforms in dark rooms and could even stun enemies or her own spiders to climb up walls and shoot out webs as grabs/grapples/etc.
Now, have any idea on what she'd use to swim (basically, Rotty's version of Shantae's Mermaid/Crab forms)? I've got nothing...

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Now, have any idea on what she'd use to swim (basically, Rotty's version of Shantae's Mermaid/Crab forms)? I've got nothing...
I’m still working that out, I think the water forms including the mermaid would probably be context sensitive and only appear when near the water since let’s be fair, when would you use the mermaid anywhere else?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

I’m still working that out, I think the water forms including the mermaid would probably be context sensitive and only appear when near the water since let’s be fair, when would you use the mermaid anywhere else?
I was also wondering if you had any ideas on what Rotty's equivalent to Shantae's elephant form could be? I was thinking, maybe that skeletal horse from her wagon? I dunno...

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I was also wondering if you had any ideas on what Rotty's equivalent to Shantae's elephant form could be? I was thinking, maybe that skeletal horse from her wagon? I dunno...
I’ll put some more thought into it, but yeah just something that would be a heavy hitter or provide enough force to break or smash objects, maybe she could end up carrying around a tombstone?

Actually getting back on the water thing, would Rotty even need a source of air to swim? It’s not like she needs to breathe. She’d probably just need to equip a pair of flippers with her normal attire and she’s good to go.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
This from me tonight.

I have been following both on Computer and mobile, so I'm not out of the loop. Though my mobile version has been blocked by this Survey thing popping in all the time I come back here. It will be slow, but I'm still here.

Its not shantae related, but the Pink Puffball is getting another update towards Star Allies 7 days before Smash Ultimate's release date.

I saw that the cute robot girl was added, and made me happy

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Actually getting back on the water thing, would Rotty even need a source of air to swim? It’s not like she needs to breathe. Probably would just need to equip a pair of flippers and she’s good to go.
Well, um, I had a dumb thought, because, I assume she wouldn't be wearing her normal attire while under the water, right...

Would she put her bikini on then too? :p
I saw that the cute robot girl was added, and made me happy
Haha, yeah, Susie's great. :)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, um, I had a dumb thought, because, I assume she wouldn't be wearing her normal attire while under the water, right...

Would she put her bikini on then too? :p
Why am I not surprised that you had that thought?

But I could see her going either way, I don’t think she’d really care swimming in her normal clothes, most video game characters don’t, though it she needed to, she’d probably just poof on her bikini like with her pit girl outfit.

zomg, this thread is silly now

..sorry?
Yeah, I mean some people are trying to debate topics and have thought provoking conversations, meanwhile I’m over here all like...
79219D91-93EB-4FD8-8656-41B4A29C9B83.jpeg

Last edited:

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
where did you hear about that sakurai statement regarding fire emblem characters? Cause wasn’t it sakurai who decided to add Corrin and not Nintendo? I can see nintendo suggesting it but not requiring it, but sakurai chose to add Corrin anyway or maybe Nintendo forced him to for promotion.
It actually was neither. But a collab of Sakurais developer's that suggested and pitched Corrin to him.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
zomg, this thread is silly now

..sorry?
Mom, why do I find your posts so adorable?

It's strange...
Why am I not surprised that you had that thought?

But I could see her going either way, I don’t think she’d really care swimming in her normal clothes, most video game characters don’t, though it she needed to, she’d probably just poof on her bikini like with her pit girl outfit.
Also, I just wanna see her wear her bikini in game, but that is beside the point!
well g'night. let's see what the future brings.

Rest well. :)

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Oh, I assume you just woke up, and if so, good morning, Majesty. :)

Haha, people are waking up on the rest of the continent, while I haven't even fallen asleep yet... oh my.
Yup, got a translation exam.
So I'm watching some smash videos before going which is totally unrelated

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Im getting back into Team Fortress 2, and I must know... what Shantae sound effect/voice line would be best to use for a hitsound/killsound?

I would love to find a way to fit "Ret-2-go" somewhere.

Top Bottom