• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Well whatever happens, this has been one of the most fun speculation rides I've ever had! I guess there's nothing to do now but...
This speculation cycle has been very lively to say the least xD The only negative point of Shantae's reveal as a fighter is that it would come to an end :(

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well whatever happens, this has been one of the most fun speculation rides I've ever had! I guess there's nothing to do now but...
Yeah, even with the October Dead-zone it's been a break neck hype cycle.

1. All the veterans are back, even Ivysaur and Snake
2. You're allowed to support clone characters thanks to rebranding
3. Characters irrelevant to marketing like K. Rool are getting in along with Nintendo's new stars like Inlking and Isabelle.
4. Indies have more hope than ever.

GreekGamer

Smash Rookie
Long time lurker and with the final Smash Direct before release coming in two days, I made an account to show support for characters I want.

I got both Pirate's Curse and Half Genie Hero because of the support for Shantae found on this thread and loved the games immensely.

Here's hoping Shantae gets in!

NukeA6

Smash Master
That's it? This is the urgent post that ConnorBot wanted to post? I don't get what's the big deal here. Care to elaborate?

So sakurai retweeted the direct and said something.

Roughly translated it's 'We're doing it. It's the end!'
google translate is "I will do it. It is the end!"

What do yous think?
Sounds a bit passive-aggressive like something was spoiled. But yeah, it's definitely endgame for the roster. At November 1, I will decide what my DLC choices will be.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Just saw the news, can't wait for the wait to be over. Whether the Grinch is real or not, and whether Shantae is a AT, a character, or not in the base game at all, I'm just glad we're almost over with this wait.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's it? This is the urgent post that ConnorBot wanted to post? I don't get what's the big deal here. Care to elaborate?

Sounds a bit passive-aggressive like something was spoiled. But yeah, it's definitely endgame for the roster. At November 1, I will decide what my DLC choices will be.
It's all coming to this, the culmination. So it's possible that's all he meant. But I could picture him being a bit upset at the leak too. Depends on what the truth is. For all we know he might be laughing at it.

As for connor's thing. Well he wants to think of shantae as an AT because wants the leak to be real (which doesnt make sense since both could be in as fighters), and is worried about fans lashing out at WF. (which wont happen anyway)

~
It's normal to feel sad if she doesnt make it in, cuz we wanted her. It's normal to go through that and mourn a bit if that;s the case. We dont have to hide from our feelings. And it definitely shouldnt keep us from hoping for the best.
I think it's good to be open to whatever the truth is, finally finding out, and enjoying what there is as much as we can. :)

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239

What do yous think of it?
It's time boyz. Sakurai is going all out.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
One of the kittens I told you about finally died and I couldn't stop crying oof.
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Ever since my family and I were forced to say goodbye to our 20-year-old-or-so cat, I've had this image of her being put down burned in my mind for quite a while.

Our younger, 13-year-old cat has taken it the worst for the time; we believe that, to him, the older cat may as well have been his mother.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
My only gripe is the direct is going down while I'm at work. My shift is going to be agony T_T

Still, looking forward to the reveals, whatever they may be.

And if Shantae isn't shown but survives another assist trophy carpet bombing in the direct, my hopes still go to DLC.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I'm so sorry. I know I'll cry my eyes out when my dog finally goes, but to lose such a little animal so young must be devastating. I pray that that little soul will find some peace.
I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Ever since my family and I were forced to say goodbye to our 20-year-old-or-so cat, I've had this image of her being put down burned in my mind for quite a while.

Our younger, 13-year-old cat has taken it the worst for the time; we believe that, to him, the older cat may as well have been his mother.
Hearing what you guys have to stay is gonna make me cry some more, but good tears! :D the kitten and its siblings were going through quite the pain so we're gonna put the remaining kittens in a shelter tomorrow.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I am back... already. :/

Can you not? I'm sad enough as it is.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My only gripe is the direct is going down while I'm at work. My shift is going to be agony T_T

And if Shantae isn't shown but survives another assist trophy carpet bombing in the direct, my hopes still go to DLC.
I've got a similar problem. My remedy is having my brother set it up for me to watch when I get back, that way there's no spoilers when I do and look for it and the first videos have whoever's in's face plastered across the thumbnail

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I just had a thought. Maybe Shantae's outfit design will be new just like Luigi's New Poltergusts 3000.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I've got a similar problem. My remedy is having my brother set it up for me to watch when I get back, that way there's no spoilers when I do and look for it and the first videos have whoever's in's face plastered across the thumbnail
Just bookmark the direct page on the main Nintendo site, then just load the page when you get home. I mean things might be slightly different for a Smash direct but that's usually what I do when I miss a direct due to work.

Also, you gotta avoid scrolling down on the page because Nintendo usually lists the highlights.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177

same here, I'm planning to watch it on my lunch break.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Remember people. If she doesn't get in and you want to have a meltdown. Can you plz do it quietly.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Remember people. If she doesn't get in and you want to have a meltdown. Can you plz do it quietly.
I mean, if she's shown off as an AT, I think it's normal that we'll be upset and want to talk it out with our fellow supporters.
But yeah, as long as we dont get crazy out of hand. ;p

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
I mean, if she's shown off as an AT, I think it's normal that we'll be upset and want to talk it out with our fellow supporters.
But yeah, as long as we dont get crazy out of hand. ;p

It's ok to feel bad if that happens. And a calm discussion is welcome.

I just wanna avoid having some one on our side sink down to the level of that toxic part of the Waluigu fan base.

It only takes one guy losing his S*** to ruin our reputation.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Make sure to post it here the MINUTE that WayForward or Mr Bozon retweets the Smash Direct.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's ok to feel bad if that happens. And a calm discussion is welcome.

I just wanna avoid having some one on our side sink down to the level of that toxic part of the Waluigu fan base.

It only takes one guy losing his S*** to ruin our reputation.
I wouldnt go that far. I mean there's sure to be a few that get pretty upset (maybe not here)
If I want to scream and go ****ing bat****, im not gonna hold back .. :p
But I wouldn't take it out on others or bash WF or nintendo or anything.

:mad:
..:awesome:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, that would probably mean a new Shantae game, was in the works too. I don't know how, and why they'd change her design that much, though.
Either that or doing a mix and match of her previous designs like her Half Genie Hero design as a base but her arm things from Risky's Revenge for example

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
So, that would probably mean a new Shantae game, was in the works too. I don't know how, and why they'd change her design that much, though.
You never know. She look even better than before. Just look at other indie character Lilac from Freedom Planet. Compare her FP1 and FP2 looks. FP2 version is clearly the superior.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
She’ll be like a sable prince 2.0 and you are gonna like it.
Okay, first of all.. .Alucard already transforms. Useless to have two Assist Trophies that more or less cover the same gimmick.

Second, don't tell people what to think. You've been told this before.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You never know. She look even better than before. Just look at other indie character Lilac from Freedom Planet. Compare her FP1 and FP2 looks. FP2 version is clearly the superior.
I prefer her Freedom Planet 1 gear but the redesign does fit more with the series aesthetics.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Oof connor what happened to being against any thought of shantae being a assist.
He went full negativity when the banner leak "revealed" his true favorite Banjo & Kazooie, so now he's just kind of putting everyone else down.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Oof connor what happened to being against any thought of shantae being a assist.
Honestly I'm pretty sure it's just Connor being very young as opposed to being actively malicious. The constant flip-flopping, thoughtlessness in posting and and overdramatic wording indicates someone around 12 or 14. I'm not gonna give him too much flack if that's the case. It's something he'll grow out of eventually.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He went full negativity when the banner leak "revealed" his true favorite Banjo & Kazooie, so now he's just kind of putting everyone else down.
He's actually trying to make us like the idea of her being an assist (along with believing it). Which is still disrespectful of how we feel. And flippidy flopping.

Honestly I'm pretty sure it's just Connor being very young as opposed to being actively malicious. The constant flip-flopping, thoughtlessness in posting and and overdramatic wording indicates someone around 12 or 14. I'm not gonna give him too much flack if that's the case.
He's a bit older, but has a certain condition.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah, besides geno and isaac, if we can get Shantae and another gal that would be sweet.:) Elma, Celica, kat&ana or mona, .. whoever can make it :)
Impa or medusa as echos would be cool too.
More Ladies is always a plus to me

What do yous think of it?
Pretty sure he is saying(or making us think) this will be ALL the smash info we get before launch, but we shall see :)

I watch at work. One of the pros of working in IT

James retweeted the Direct... Assist or Fighter? We won't know until Thursday.View attachment 173719
Well has he reblogged any of the past ones?

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Honestly I'm pretty sure it's just Connor being very young as opposed to being actively malicious. The constant flip-flopping, thoughtlessness in posting and and overdramatic wording indicates someone around 12 or 14. I'm not gonna give him too much flack if that's the case. It's something he'll grow out of eventually.
Oof his profile says he's 17. So yeeeeee

Top Bottom