• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
If we were to redo the poll, would the results be vastly different I wonder?

How's everyone's mood today? Oddly hopeful, as I believe we'll find out for sure this upcoming Direct.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Hey all! Are you planning on getting the game physical or digital (and what are your reasons for swaying one way or the other)?
Physical. I prefer physical to digital when possible.

And speaking on possible assist trophies, I don't want Shantae's friends being assist trophies because then she might have to fight them. So I say Squid Baron for assist trophy!

Teeb147

Smash Legend

How's everyone's mood today? Oddly hopeful, as I believe we'll find out for sure this upcoming Direct.
It reaallly shouldn't be too long. November has to yield something :)

also.. 1 more page to 500 :O

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Well no Direct announcement today it seems. I suppose we'll have to wait until early Wednesday for the next possible announcement.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman

Feeling pretty good. Celebrating Bob Ross' birthday by watching his livestream on Twitch. Hopefully we get a Direct announcement in a day or two to line up with the first week of November.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Hey all! Are you planning on getting the game physical or digital (and what are your reasons for swaying one way or the other)?
While I generally prefer physical, I've actually gone mostly digital since I got my PS4. Though that's mostly due to it having a good amount of storage. Plus the frequent PSN sales that I've failed to resist the temptation for, have landed me with a lot of games I originally planned to get physical copies for.

Physical is the way I intend to go for the Switch, but Smash might actually be the exception this time just because I want to have access to it at all times since I'm going to be playing it a LOT. Being able to load it off of the system instead of changing cartridges every time I want to play Smash is a lot more convenient imo. That tended to be the case with the 3DS version of Smash for me. Always having to swap games because I'd be playing something else, but Smash was such a frequent thing that it'd usually be in the system most of the time.

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
Or you're in denial.
I wouldn't say in denial, but can you blame anyone? We've sifted through dozens (if not hundreds) of leaks since August. Last game we had at least two leaks that were "100% real". After 2 months (Not including Isabelle) with a lack of information we get a blurry leak that has the remaining cast with as many holes as it does facts. I think we have every right to be skeptical.
I'm hoping it's not true because I don't want the roster to be ruined due to a half assed leak... And Shantae (of course).
Honestly, I'd rather be cautiously skeptical than aggressively naive.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
It's always good to be a bit skeptical, no matter if the leak has (or does not have) your favorite newcomer.

There's a reason why I mentioned how it may not be the final roster, or that there isn't plans for DLC to be released shortly after launch. Sakurai is a man of surprises, and I feel like there is a real chance we don't quite have the big picture, assuming the leak is real in the first place.

I also feel like the actual character choice for the banner is really weird. Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, and Geno are great... but Shadow feels a tad lazy, Mach Rider is out of nowhere, and im not sure how you'd even start with a moveset for Chorus Kids.

Also, I personally feel like characters like Shadow were insanely poor pick due to other series characters such as Tails being fan favorites for almost as long as Banjo Kazooie. Either he's a less-than-accurate echo or he's a unique newcomer almost stealing the stage for Tails. He was cool when I was, like, 12...but now he just seems like a continuation of the weird trend of echoes being the dark version of the main fighter, except Shadow is just straight up edgy without a reason unlike Dark Pit or Dark Samus.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's always good to be a bit skeptical, no matter if the leak has (or does not have) your favorite newcomer.

There's a reason why I mentioned how it may not be the final roster, or that there isn't plans for DLC to be released shortly after launch. Sakurai is a man of surprises, and I feel like there is a real chance we don't quite have the big picture, assuming the leak is real in the first place.

I also feel like the actual character choice for the banner is really weird. Isaac, Banjo & Kazooie, and Geno are great... but Shadow feels a tad lazy, Mach Rider is out of nowhere, and im not sure how you'd even start with a moveset for Chorus Kids.

Also, I personally feel like characters like Shadow were insanely poor pick due to other series characters such as Tails being fan favorites for almost as long as Banjo Kazooie. Either he's a less-than-accurate echo or he's a unique newcomer almost stealing the stage for Tails. He was cool when I was, like, 12...but now he just seems like a continuation of the weird trend of echoes being the dark version of the main fighter, except Shadow is just straight up edgy without a reason unlike Dark Pit or Dark Samus.
Ya. dlc is really likely tho, too.

And Shadow would be in becuase echo characters are mostly reskins. Tails is shorter and also wouldn't attack the same way that sonic does for too many attacks, so as a simple addition, shadow works well. (metal sonic would work too)

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Physical. Not being able to hold the Ultimate Edition of Smash in my own hands is tantamount to sacrilege for me.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Physical. I try to avoid going digital, whenever I can.
When Half Life 3 comes out.
What!?

But, I thought that Half Life 3, was coming out, after the Black Hole Era of the universe ends, and the Dark Era of the universe, begins. The universe will have expanded so much by then, that not even subatomic structures will be able to stay together! All matter, will have fallen apart, into lose particles, flying aimlessly through an eternally expanding universe. Practically everything will be dead...

But hey, Gaben'll find a way. :)

Last edited:

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
Did we talk about Snake's codec, Pit's guidance, or Foxes transmission for Shantae?
They were talking about it on the Banana Dee thread and I didn't know if we did.
what do you all think would be said for our lady in red?

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Okay...I know who Mystic is, you're just not making sense.
Connor thinks Mystic knows info about the game and is against the leak because it's true and thus is obligated to keep silent/go against it due to whatever ties they may have.

He believes the same of Gamexplain who's members have similarly been dismissive, silent or extremely adamant against it to the point of even getting angry (Andre from what I heard.)

Pretty sure that's what the idea is.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Connor thinks Mystic knows info about the game and is against the leak because it's true and thus is obligated to keep silent/go against it due to whatever ties they may have.

He believes the same of Gamexplain who's members have similarly been dismissive, silent or extremely adamant against it to the point of even getting angry (Andre from what I heard.)

Pretty sure that's what the idea is.
I highly doubt he'd be pushed to go against it, as that does nothing.

If he was to try to dismiss the leak, he would have not said anything at all. There is no benefit to be had trying to lie about it, if it is real.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I highly doubt he'd be pushed to go against it, as that does nothing.

If he was to try to dismiss the leak, he would have not said anything at all. There is no benefit to be had trying to lie about it, if it is real.
I would at least say they would eventually have to say something given that their audience would and currently are pestering them to give the leak more coverage on their channel and have a proper discussion about it like they've done for other leaks in the past. Though as far as I know they haven't said anything more past the initial video where they commented on the images being blurry. This is the point that many fans see as being dismissive as they gave it very little time and for many of them their argument against it was too weak.

Whatever the case, it's not my position so I'll leave it at that. Can't really comment on Mystic either as I wasn't present for whatever discussion took place.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I'm just wondering : do you guys want the leak to be true or not ?

In my case, I'm a bit torn because Shantae's nowhere to be seen in it but at the same time, moving all these big names from her way for a potential DLC run seems pretty appealing...

D

Deleted member

In my case, I'm a bit torn because Shantae's nowhere to be seen in it but at the same time, moving all these big names from her way for a potential DLC run seems pretty appealing...
Yes

Swade

Smash Apprentice

Well for me I've been trying to stay die hard neutral between real and fake, but I was after a buddy of mine that shared me a clip from this years E3's with Phil Spencer talking about having lunch with The Nintendo Team, it made me leaned to team real, on a percent rate by ten percent.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312

I suppose I'm indifferent. Well sort of.

If these are indeed the remaining characters on the roster, I'd certainly be happy with who we're getting. And DLC leaves the door open for Shantae and other characters people still want to see.

If it's false, then I'll still be content with whatever we get because everything we've already gotten so far has been great.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace

Personally... Im leaning towards real-ish, but misleading. I personally believe that the banner was not actually for the final roster, and I feel there are details that we simply do not know about it yet that makes it inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise not true in its entirety.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
We are close to the 500 page. So that would mean the Isaac board is at around 700 pages right?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We are close to the 500 page. So that would mean the Isaac board is at around 700 pages right?
Yep they're not too far from 700 :)
(theyre still about 9 pages away)

500 is really cool tho :D

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
So is all the speculation hints pointing towards Shantae being a DLC character now? Or Is she the "Other character" that one guy said?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So is all the speculation hints pointing towards Shantae being a DLC character now? Or Is she the "Other character" that one guy said?
She can be anything really. And yeh DLC more likely if the leak is true, but still not totally out of the question (if there really is more).

Last edited:
Top Bottom