• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Feel free to call me a dirty hypocrite, because I'm back earlier than expected.

Hear me out here. I think the leak's real and is basically ESRB2. And given all the evidence we have that she's in the game in some way, I think it's base roster or bust. Wait wait. Hear me out. While I think she's an Assist Trophy, I promise you if she ends up surviving the last AT massacre, I will keep fighting. I only left this time because I didn't want to bring everyone else down. Everyone else shouldn't be a fair-weather friend and only try to show support when the likelihood is there.

So even though my expectations are low, my hope isn't just yet.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
It's definitely pretty elaborate. but considering how bored some people are with the wait, i could easily see some fakers going that far.
I was looking at the image, and can anyone see pichu well in the blurry one? I doubt nintendo would put him up so close with pikachu's lightning or tail in a clean final image.

(you can click on it to see bigger)

also, geno looks a bit too small and fitting into the opening that was there. imo.
Oh, and something about megaman doesnt look right, either.
+ there's a few odd things, like sizes
Is there a reason Issac is standing on a random what looks to be patch of grass in the middle of battlefield?

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Is there a reason Issac is standing on a random what looks to be patch of grass in the middle of battlefield?
I havent played Golden Sun, but its apparently an Earth Djinn or something?

Thats technically a genie, so we know genies are allowed there!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Either grass or psy energy. I have more of an issue with the rest of him. but honestly the picture's so blurry it's hard to really tell if anything's wrong (or right, for that matter)

Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
miis.png

So here's something I threw together very quickly. I was trying to move the miis to where they are in the leak, and despite there being missing pieces I'd still say I did a good enough and easily believable job. I even erased Luigi and R.O.B, the latter of which I can't find in the leak which is suspicious.

Ovbiously I didn't spend a ton of time on this but I think it proves my point.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Hear me out here. I think the leak's real and is basically ESRB2. And given all the evidence we have that she's in the game in some way, I think it's base roster or bust. Wait wait. Hear me out. While I think she's an Assist Trophy, I promise you if she ends up surviving the last AT massacre, I will keep fighting. I only left this time because I didn't want to bring everyone else down. Everyone else shouldn't be a fair-weather friend and only try to show support when the likelihood is there.

I am under the impression Shantae was chosen early, but partway through they decided to hold her for DLC

On the Isaac thread they say he's doing grown or having the energy come out anytime he does his Psyenergy or using growth

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Making plants grow is one of his powers in his games.
Ok, ill give you that. never played an GS game.

Ill question it from a different perspective.
Every character in the mural has a very dynamic pose, Why is Issac seemingly posing for a picture?

Teeb147

Smash Legend

There's still no point in dropping the ball and dismissing the potential (as well as evidence) she has, including for dlc. And also this leak may get debunked.
This might be a shaky time, but it's still not a good time to bring people down, or ever.

I and many others want to support more fully, until the truth comes out (and probably past that too)

Last edited:

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Ok, ill give you that. never played an GS game.

Ill question it from a different perspective.
Every character in the mural has a very dynamic pose, Why is Issac seemingly posing for a picture?
I'd say he's not posing for a picture any more than Cloud is.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Hey, could you please tell me more about these "sources" that claim the leak is fake?
Let me correct you there slightly, I'm not so much sure that they're saying it's FAKE, but more they're saying it's not lining up. That is to say, they apparently know of characters that aren't in that mural. Spawn Wave is saying Incineroar should be there along with another character, and a vg247 also says the Gen 7 Pokemon, also just saw on the main speculation thread that Imran is saying the final roster, that ain't it, so take that as you will. Again, I can't tell from what's being said if they're saying the leak is fake, just that it doesn't match, like there's characters missing, etc.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Let me correct you there slightly, I'm not so much sure that they're saying it's FAKE, but more they're saying it's not lining up. That is to say, they apparently know of characters that aren't in that mural. Spawn Wave is saying Incineroar should be there along with another character, and a vg247 also says the Gen 7 Pokemon, also just saw on the main speculation thread that Imran is saying the final roster, that ain't it, so take that as you will. Again, I can't tell from what's being said if they're saying the leak is fake, just that it doesn't match, like there's characters missing, etc.
Well I hope theIr sources are correct. It would give Shantae another chance.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
But how do we know their sources are right, or are they just saying that due to Vergeben? Vergeben could have been mistaken and Incineroar is DLC. He even said himself he thought the square enix rep could be DLC

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Lemme give my two cents on the matter:

1035EF4B-BB70-476E-B5E9-5E75208A02CA.jpeg

EF3D0C34-133E-4731-BBA8-E3268B191F5B.jpeg

Now that I got that out of my system, I do think things need to calm down around here, turning on each other and jumping ship are the last things that should happen. I can tell you I’m sticking around and will keep supporting her no matter what.

I think a good chunk of us deserves the almighty Three Shoe Beating. Might just be me, though.
And no, not with Shantae's soft slippers, I'm talking about rough stuffs, like Risky's Boots, maybe one other shoe to make it truly three-shoed.
Personally I’m a fan of the Hat of Discipline myself:

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Look guys, if its fake or if its real, we will find out it 2 weeks, So Lets not say people are "giving up" on shantae here. We all think she is still in, and this may be a very elaberate fake leak, which if it is kudos.

as Wwlink55 Wwlink55 has said, EVERYONE IS STARVED FOR INFO, so a leak looking this legit is going to have everyone going nuts, especially with so much going for it,

We need to just wait and see, but don't start attacking other shantae fans just because this "leaked" roster looks pretty good. Even if we get no more characters this game has an amazing roster, Shantae in or out will not make or break the game for most of us.
I agree with this wholeheartedly

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
I'd say he's not posing for a picture any more than Cloud is.
I dunno, Issac's pose is almost like hes taking a touristy picture, the kinda pose you take a picture of and send to grandma with a caption that says "Me at the Grand Canyon"

Cloud is by contrast in an action pose, the kinda pose that says "i just dodged your attack now I'm gonna mess you up"

The only characters I see that are straight up posing are Pichu, Rosalina, and Caption Falcon. but even then they have some flavor to them, Issac's pose is irking me

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dunno, Issac's pose is almost like hes taking a touristy picture, the kinda pose you take a picture of and send to grandma with a caption that says "Me at the Grand Canyon"

Cloud is by contrast in an action pose, the kinda pose that says "i just dodged your attack now I'm gonna mess you up"

The only characters I see that are straight up posing are Pichu, Rosalina, and Caption Falcon. but even then they have some flavor to them, Issac's pose is irking me
I dont think it's that important. Robin is just sitting there reading.
They could all be in different styles of poses.

I think people are settling a little more. which is good. I do think that a few jumped way too quickly on things. And I hope we can keep settling.
Ive been here for too long, I gotta go. Have a good time talking if you can. Keep things in perspective, and remember to support shantae :)

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
The thing that I don't like is that, if KOS-MOS is just people seeing something that isn't there, 79 is such a weird number to end on.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
View attachment 171621

So here's something I threw together very quickly. I was trying to move the miis to where they are in the leak, and despite there being missing pieces I'd still say I did a good enough and easily believable job. I even erased Luigi and R.O.B, the latter of which I can't find in the leak which is suspicious.

Ovbiously I didn't spend a ton of time on this but I think it proves my point.
R.O.B. is right next to Ken. Top left-ish.

Last edited:

WiredRM

Smash Cadet

You're attempting to make a distinction that I don't think exists. He's about ground magic, what's strange about him kneeling on the ground? He could be attempting to meditate or something. Robin's just sitting there reading a book...

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'm not even sure those sources are Verge's. He seems to be his own little island. Whatever the other insiders are hearing, I'm not sure it's the same sources.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Also, wow, that's one way of getting my hopes up lol.
True. Why end at 79 when 80 is a much sexier number for advertising?

If 79 is a stained t-shirt and torn-up jean shorts, 80 is an adorable genie who knows how to accessorize.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
As a last note before I go, against the leak, I want to bring up the fact that no one in their right mind would leave their name in a picture, knowing the huge repercussions. The name was most likely part of the cleverness (for some people) to lead people to search and find links to the companies they knew would make it seem somewhat believable.

Also, the blank battlefield pictures would not be that hard to make by painting out the characters from what's been shown, and putting some colors, for small pictures.
The most important thing to note, is just how blurry it all is.

It doesn't mean it's fake necessarily, but I dont see a reason to think it's real just because of some cleverness (and big name characters).
So I leave you with that. ;)

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Which one is team real /shantae AT?
I'd imagine that Cap's team would be pro Shantae and want as many characters smashing as possible while team iron man would want them to register as AT to reduce collateral damage :laugh:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Which one is team real /shantae AT?
This traitor has already breached our defenses... You've seen what he's done to our supporters!

And worst of all, he could be any one of us... He could be in this very thread! He could be you! He could be me! He could even be-

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It might also be an elaborate marketing campaign to promote the grinch.
jk XD

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This traitor has already breached our defenses... You've seen what he's done to our supporters!

And worst of all, he could be any one of us... He could be in this very thread! He could be you! He could be me! He could even be-
“Blows Wwlink55’s head off” What? It was obvious. They’re the spy!

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

You know exactly who I'll say it is, and I'm not at all wrong, but, eh, I can't do anything to prevent potential, alienation, and even more civil war. :/

See? Negativity! Oh wait...no, thats support.
So, we've still got problem?

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Yellowlord might as well start removing people from the Support List now.

Seeing so many people accept these characters and abandon Shantae is just heartbreaking...
Even though, if this leak is somehow real, Shantae could still be DLC later on, as long as she is no Assist Trophy in the base game.

But yeah, it seems this new leak (real or not) single-handledly crippled the support-side of this thread.
And because of this, it feels like I no longer have a place here.

I will keep supporting and rooting for Shantae, until the end.
Until official word finally reveals her fate.

I just feel so burned out...
This mass-abandonment isn't something I needed...

Well bye, it was fun while it lasted.

Good luck to all Issac-supporters, who showed their respect and support for our cause in this thread.
I hope that for your sake, Issac will make it in, regardless of the leak.
You guys deserve it. : 3

Farewell...
I won’t ever abandon shantae. She isn’t deconfirmed yet and future dlc could be her way in. No assist trophy means I keep believing in her. She has my full on support until the very end!!!

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I won’t ever abandon shantae. She isn’t deconfirmed yet and future dlc could be her way in. No assis trophy means I keep believing in her. She has my full on support until the very end!!!
First of all, abandoning Shantae is a no-no. Thats like leaving the cutest, most precious child at the doorstep of Grelod the Kinds orphanage. Truly unforgivable.

Second, i've said it before...assist trophy is not a death sentence. Ashley, Midna, and Knuckles....and even Waluigi... could still possibly be fighters, as we do not know Sakurai's stance on promoting fighters during a single games era.

Last edited:
Top Bottom