• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I find it very weird that WayForward keeps putting the Shantae games on sale on other platforms, but not Nintendo ones.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Just bought 1/2 genie hero ultimate edition, looking forward to playing through it.
I decided to pick it up again as well. It's pretty fun, and is at least reasonably challenging.

What is with Pirates Curse and HGH having Naga's that make me want to scream? Stop with that unavoidable bubble nonsense!

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Earlier this year she was on the splash screen for the "indies" section of 3DS, sometime in late April to early May
Ayyyy, Shantae got featured in the Nintendo October newsletter for #Nindies Hits!

https://www.nintendo.com/games/nint...18&crmid=737B996B-23FD-4070-BF1A-000022477B3B
I stand corrected.

If he was a smoker, would he be Jake Coughman?

I dont personally believe the composer theory, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
It wouldn't surprise me if they were saving him for later, if at all. If they were to show one of his remixes, we'd be going berserk.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It wouldn't surprise me if they were saving him for later, if at all. If they were to show one of his remixes, we'd be going berserk.
Yeah, having his name show up before the reveal would be a dead give away and they would not risk that.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I love how right next to Shantae there, is the tag line, "Spotlight on some of the hottest indie games available on Nintendo 3DS Systems".

In Shantae's case, very hot indeed. ;)
That's the case only for the 3DS page. On the Switch page, Hollow Knight's up there, but Shantae is still there about three rows down, in the second column. Interestingly though, she's still higher up than Shovel Knight, whose close to the bottom of that page area. :ultgreninja:

Hollow Knight is repping Nindies for the Switch, but guess who still beat out a certain garden tool-wielding sellout?
Knock that **** off, Toy. Yes, it's true that Shovel Knight is in a lot of games, but that's no excuse to just name call or antagonize something.

Heh, who'd a thunk that! WF actually sent me a response about the Mighty Switch Force/Risky's Revenge disk!

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
That's the case only for the 3DS page. On the Switch page, Hollow Knight's up there, but Shantae is still there about three rows down, in the second column. Interestingly though, she's still higher up than Shovel Knight, whose close to the bottom of that page area.
Please don't try to ruin my jokes, you party pooper. :sadeyes:

Hollow Knight is repping Nindies for the Switch, but guess who still beat out a certain garden tool-wielding sellout?
Wait, but, what? What did Shovel Knight do wrong here? That's a bit discourteous.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I personally believe that no Western composers were brought on board here and it's gonna be only Japanese ones like in Brawl and 4.

It's just much more easier and convenient.

Not that I have issue with this, seeing as how the talent they got exceeded expectations.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
I personally believe that no Western composers were brought on board here and it's gonna be only Japanese ones like in Brawl and 4.

Not that I have issue with this, seeing as how the talent they got exceeded expectations.
I hope that they did ask Matt Bozon permission for the potential remixes, maybe notify Jake Kaufman through Matt and get that all taken care of.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ding_to_a_japanese_smash_researcher_nintendo/

Saw this on the Smash Bros subreddit.

This could be big if true.
This is something we need to keep an eye and an ear on, because it could really mean quite a bit. Though I'll agree with the redditors and say that it'd be unlikely they would have the full Smash Bros character roster in this game, unless they either were going to do a Direct to either advertise the bundles or reveal the final newcomers for this game. But the same couldn't be said for the Assist Trophies. Now, how many are there thus far? Around 40, with 22 still up for grabs. As of now, I feel that the actual chances for Shantae being an Assist is actually comically low, considering how many past ATs are there, though if there are reports of Shantae in the game that didn't come from any reveal trailers, I'll still be happy that she's in the game.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
This is something we need to keep an eye and an ear on, because it could really mean quite a bit. Though I'll agree with the redditors and say that it'd be unlikely they would have the full Smash Bros character roster in this game, unless they either were going to do a Direct to either advertise the bundles or reveal the final newcomers for this game. But the same couldn't be said for the Assist Trophies. Now, how many are there thus far? Around 40, with 22 still up for grabs. As of now, I feel that the actual chances for Shantae being an Assist is actually comically low, considering how many past ATs are there, though if there are reports of Shantae in the game that didn't come from any reveal trailers, I'll still be happy that she's in the game.
Same. Considering many of the Assist Trophies so far returning, I wouldn't be surprised to see an eventual show off of Skull Kid, Shadow, etc. I cant confirm all of them will be ATs again, but its starting to seem more likely.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Oh god, if this is indeed the full build, I really hope they don't announce the final newcomers before then. I don't want the last month of waiting before Ultimate's release, to be filled with nothing. :(
Hey, we might have spirits mode to look forward to. Maybe thats why they'll show off all newcomers earlier?

D

Deleted member

Sakurai said that their making the impossible possible for ultimate

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Some people on the subreddit thread are speculating that the rest of the newcomers may be revealed before Nintendo Live both as preparation for the tournament, as well as a way to prevent leaks, since the game is due to be "going gold" extremely soon, which will greatly ramp up the number of leaks.

D

Deleted member

I found something that gives her a safe and secure spot in the base roster
Not because it ticks sakurai’s boxes but.....well......just take a look and click the tweet
Note: this is not evidence or hints

Top Bottom