• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I'm not sure Pirate's Curse getting a JP Switch release means much of anything in regards to Smash, but I'm happy some Switch owners who had interest in that game but could never play it will get a chance to finally do so.
I'd agree with you if not for the fact that Bayonetta 2 had a timely re-release after she was confirmed for Smash 4.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, duh, a 3D platformer of course. It'd be so cool, if done right. Seeing Rottytops in 3D would be amazing!

Although, that isn't the most likely genre the franchise would branch out into. I think a Shantae RPG could most definitely work. They could develop the world and characters in so many new ways! Except, I wouldn't want Rottytops to be on my party or anything. I don't want to watch her get hurt. :(

Adopt me.
I don't think Rotty "gets hurt" the way humans do, being a zombie with most likely non-functional pain receptors. She gets battered non-stop throughout Jammies and still pops out looking no worse for wear. Maybe she'd merely fall apart when her HP reaches zero, and have a special ability to auto-revive by pulling herself back together.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Is this another case of Mandela Effect? Where's Waldo is now Where's Wally?

Also a funny fact happened today. Somewhere in this world Captain Toad Treasure Trackers is rated M for mature.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well, now that we know Peachette is canon...
And because a certain Dragon turtle can use any power ups makes the "international meme" canon as well. Doesn't help that Nintendo thought of the idea in the first place lol.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Good morning! How're you all?

I hope you all slept well. :3

This is all from my stories of the chronicles of potato salad. Though thinking about it. I'm the one who cheated on potato salad.
Damn, this sounds like some real good drama right here. You should get this published!

That mushroom man must be so lewd to get that rating. :p
Geez, what kind of game is this then? Is the super crown in it, or something?

I could make multiple jokes about Simpleflips here, but none of you would probably get them. :/

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Also a funny fact happened today. Somewhere in this world Captain Toad Treasure Trackers is rated M for mature.

Are mushrooms banned in Taiwan or something? Granted it's a web store flub.

Here's something, do you think Sakurai and the team would make Shantae's idle pose shift depending on the amount of damage she has?

In her games she has as I've noticed (recently mind you, though I do remember them I didn't actually fully recognize them till quite recently for myself) she has three poses, one for full health with no damage taken where she is kind of bouncing back and forth with upper torso swinging. One after she has taken any amount of damage, which is a battle ready stance with abit less energy than her first stance, and a stance when she is low on health with her looking tired and holding one arm.

I cant think of any other character currently in Smash who has shifting idle poses based on their current status in their own games so I cant say she WOUDLNT have such an implementation based on other not having it. I'd think it be super neat detail much like what Bayonetta has for all her little things in Smash.

0% first post
.5 - 99.5 second pose
100%+ third pose
That seems likely, given that Little Mac gets bandages the more he gets hurt, not to mention Olimar's helmet being briefly cracked if you hit him hard enough.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Good morning! How're you all?

I hope you all slept well. :3
Yeah I slept as well as anyone can on a folded bed lol.

So what tin foolery have you all got into today?

Also thanks to the ones that gave us that great "Leg Day" Rotty gif.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Yeah I slept as well as anyone can on a folded bed lol.

So what tin foolery have you all got into today?

Also thanks to the ones that gave us that great "Leg Day" Rotty gif.
It's tom foolery but, considering I just woke up, the highlight of my day so far is getting up to go to the bathroom and taking only a few steps before immediately falling forward and face planting into the floor because my sense of balance and general movement was still asleep.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Other than Pirate's Curse getting a re-release on Switch in Japan on October 25th, there's not really anything to report.
Yeah I saw that yesterday. would be funny if that day before direct rumor is true and shantae is revealed for smash then

Staarih

Smash Master
Other than Pirate's Curse getting a re-release on Switch in Japan on October 25th, there's not really anything to report.
Oh, I completely missed this. Awesome to see Pirate’s Curse getting a Switch release in Japan as well, it’s probably the game Shantae is best known for. Hopefully it does well and finds its place among the Japanese audience.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Oh, I completely missed this. Awesome to see Pirate’s Curse getting a Switch release in Japan as well, it’s probably the game Shantae is best known for. Hopefully it does well and finds its place among the Japanese audience.
Well, this is not the first time it's been released in Japan. It was released for the 3DS there back in November of 2015. I think it's also been released in Japan for the Wii U and PS4, though I may be wrong. I think it's sold pretty well over there in fact. :)

I really hope the Switch version does well!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah I saw that yesterday. would be funny if that day before direct rumor is true and shantae is revealed for smash then
I hope the rumor is true because it would make lots of sense to reveal her in the first place

Pirates curse us date 23-24-25 pirates curse switch jp date

Today is here 24 tomorrow is in Japan 25

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just swinging by before I go back rest.
Here's a cool (relevant) pic:

;)

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Wouldn't this crossover just be amazing?
View attachment 169258
Heh. :p
And speaking of Wario and Shantae, here's her in the style of Warioware!
That wouldn't be an out-of-place idea either given that they have similar games and even pirate villains. Let's keep in mind this wouldn't be the first time Wario had a cross-company game (Wario Blast exists).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Before I go, for rottytops fans, I found a rottytops skin Shantae stock icon:
I don't have very good tools for resizing/cropping, so if someone wants to get a better size, go ahead.

shantae.png

My resizes dont seem to catch all the pixels, and background:

shantae46.jpg
shantae48.jpg

Well anyway, have fun if you like it.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone noticed shantae hgh ue steam ads lately there everywhere right now

0A835FA7-8D7A-40B9-A56C-83116D07EA91.png

I still got a good feeling about our girl right now:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I remember it being Wally in the UK, Waldo in the US or something like that, down to the cartoon having two different theme songs.
EDIT: ALso, what credible sounding leak before the Japan Shantae release on the 25th??

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
So... did anyone find out what game Cristina Vee's suspiciously vague recording booth tweet was referring to?

I heard that is was for Icons, but is that confirmed?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not that I've seen, no. But when I searched that up there, I came across this instead:

I like the idea for her final smash there, I don't think anyone's thought of it here before. :)
I had that FS idea back on the Smash 4 thread for her, it was rejected back there because that’s not how the magic lamp works, it just sucks in magic, not enemies/people

Last edited:
Top Bottom