• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wait they can be grabbed?
Yeah it's pretty cool. I wanted to show a video of it but no one's clipped it and I dont remember in which one it was shown.
Not all ATs can be grabbed though for sure, some can't even be hit, depends which one (like the big ones).

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Wait, so she can transform into a Hylian too?

Well, they are pretty similar tbh. You know, with the pointy ears, and the magic, and all.
She doesn't need to transform, just order a Hero's Tunic. Or knit one herself since she can apprarently sew together a bikini with nothing more than random bandanas.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yup, that's why I'm still a little looking forward to assist trophies, even if I dont play casually as much.

On another note, I might be looking for more shantae art here and there, so I may post some if I find some cool ones. :)

It's also cool seeing her in different styles:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Yup, that's why I'm still a little looking forward to assist trophies, even if I dont play casually as much.

On another note, I might be looking for more shantae art here and there, so I may post some if I find some cool ones. :)

That second one has put me into a coma.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Hmm, that reminded me, while I was searching for Rotty gifs earlier, I stumbled across some cute fanart too.
Here you go. :3

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
That brings up a good point. I don't think Medusa is 100% confirmed, but here's a question. Do we know if Palutena still has her Medusa inspired color swap?
Even if she does that doesn't right out mean anything as Fox still has his Wolf colors.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Okay, so you're a person who draws Rottytops hentai, loves potato salad, and has a mind akin to Charles Xavier's?

You're the perfect human being! How did this happen?
Funny because I was thinking of charles when I wrote that too. And how did it happen? Well it all started when potato salad cheated on me.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Ok y’all tell me what you think about this

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434622590/smash-direct-102518

No it has no fighters in it
Honestly...I believe it.

The story is plausible enough, and I've been suspecting a Smash direct for this month since that LE box is releasing November 2 (the one with the characters on the side; if it's going to have everyone, everyone needs to be revealed before it releases).

It could also be someone faking but still turn out true since it's a pretty conservative guess, though.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Honestly...I believe it.

The story is plausible enough, and I've been suspecting a Smash direct for this month since that LE box is releasing November 2 (the one with the characters on the side; if it's going to have everyone, everyone needs to be revealed before it releases).

It could also be someone faking but still turn out true since it's a pretty conservative guess, though.
The LE Box isn't releasing November 2. Just the Switch system which doesn't come with a physical game.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Here's some Shantae news!
PC's hitting Japan (again) on Switch on the 25th!
Ok y’all tell me what you think about this

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434622590/smash-direct-102518

No it has no fighters in it
Okay now THAT'S a big think, PC gets announced for a JP re-release and then a leak says we're getting a big info dump the day before......
sh.png

Hmmm...

zferolie

Smash Hero

Okay now THAT'S a big think, PC gets announced for a JP re-release and then a leak says we're getting a big info dump the day before......
View attachment 169175
Hmmm...
That... is prime Tin foil theory, and I love it

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

View attachment 169175
Hmmm...
Can I just say...

The cutscene portraits for Shantae in Pirate's Curse are just SO much better at conveying emotion than anything else I've seen? The animesque style, more expressive eyes and dynamic poses... agh! Same goes for Rottytops. Conversely however I actually prefer the art in Half-Genie Hero for Bolo and Sky. The former doesn't have those odd Popeye-fist shoulders, and the latter just has a wider range of emotions than in Pirate's Curse.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'd like to interject that in my mind, it is far more likely for a reveal to coincide with a game release than the other way around.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 169175
Hmmm...
Hmmmmmmmmm?

Also makia I made a draw request in your conversations

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

View attachment 169175
Hmmm...
I like. I like a lot. I still feel we must be getting some news this week, but I can wait till the 25th if I have to.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, I found some pretty interesting new Shantae animated gifs.

I'll leave one out from the spoiler tag:

enjoy :)

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

That first one looks like how it'd be if she was part of the Original 12.

View attachment 169175
Hmmm...
I wouldn't jump to conclusions. After all, it's just a text leak. If that one leak from before E3's anything to go by, anyone can get a lucky guess on a date.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I dunno Shadowknight1 Shadowknight1 these are some pretty deep ponderins I'mma ponderin'.
Well, I was pondering the possibility of the existence of white holes, basically the opposite of black holes, which shoot out matter, instead of (for lack of a better word) suck it in.

What were you pondering?
I was hoping someone would catch on to the joke I was dangling.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

View attachment 169175
Hmmm...
I dont know if this fits with any hype, but..

Also, I dont know how i missed a pinky and the brain reference :O

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I'm not sure Pirate's Curse getting a JP Switch release means much of anything in regards to Smash, but I'm happy some Switch owners who had interest in that game but could never play it will get a chance to finally do so.

D

Deleted member

You know the 25th would be in Japan time am while we will be in the 24th in American time pm

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sorry I haven’t been active much today, just been busy and after the work day I had I’m ready to relax a bit on this thread. So here’s a question that just came to mind, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone ask yet, if Shantae managed to branch out into different game genres, what kind of games you want to see her take on?

She doesn't need to transform, just order a Hero's Tunic. Or knit one herself since she can apprarently sew together a bikini with nothing more than random bandanas.
I almost forgot she said that in Beach Mode. So Shantae has some skill with sewing, interesting.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

I dont know if this fits with any hype, but..

Also, I dont know how i missed a pinky and the brain reference :O
*Cracks knuckles*

Oh, mother, what crap are you posting now? This "Half-Genie" bull**** is really starting to get on my nerves! These people are expecting better from you! Time to give them what they really want...

BEHOLD...

See, that's more like it! Enjoy. ;)

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
What do you think Shantae's idle animations are gonna be, i think it'll be like Bayonetta's where if you do an attack she'll be in a battle ready pose, but after a bit she'll go into a more standing position.

ok im kidding, this is a kids game with 3d models, i dont think they'll add this

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Says to not believe in text leakers

One of the most infamous yet prolific Smash 5 Leakers is a text leaker
Dark Lord Vergeben's the exception. He's not just a text leak.

What do you think Shantae's idle animations are gonna be, i think it'll be like Bayonetta's where if you do an attack she'll be in a battle ready pose, but after a bit she'll go into a more standing position.

ok im kidding, this is a kids game with 3d models, i dont think they'll add this
In terms of animations in general, I doubt they'd go far past her dancing, TBH.

As for Idles, I think they'd do her normal idle animation for standing with the full health one for the idle animation. If she gets a second (I'm pretty sure everyone does), I could see them making her adjust her hair, unless there's some other idle animation I'm forgetting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom