• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I love that official E10 rating. Really knocks the sails out of all the people who keep saying Shantae is too sexual for Smash. And the rating doesn't even mention "suggestive themes" or anything, just cartoon violence.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The only time it was T rating due to Half Genie Hero.
The Giga Mermaid was why the rating increased

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Nintendo released a launch trailer on their channel!

The trailer showed the whole opening animation at its start and end, cutting ONLY the moments with the smash-shaped window that got so many people talking back when the intro was first shown.

It probably means nothing but it's funny to think about. ^^

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The trailer showed the whole opening animation at its start and end, cutting ONLY the moments with the smash-shaped frame that got so many people talking back when the intro was first shown.

It probably means nothing but it's funny to think about. ^^
First Ubisoft's shenanigans, now this?

l3elntmrwhb31.png

At any rate, someone might as well check if it's fine in the game itself, that's an oddly specific goof-up to make.

The only time it was T rating due to Half Genie Hero.
The Giga Mermaid was why the rating increased
Guess we won't see her in a spirit set, since Shantae is for good little boys and girls. :4pacman:

Not even a specific boss that I won't mention here jacked up the rating for SSS, so that one TV Tropes article writer who assumed this game would be T must feel awkward right now.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not much, but from a source about Challenger 7.
Taking it with a grain of salt, but someone said that Neku from The World Ends with You series may be Challenger 7. Do you think it's possible?
Source:https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...hread-12-thats-a-stretch.205446/post-35145387
>third-party IP with only a single game to its name, HD remake notwithstanding
Nah. I'd be heavily surprised if he got in. Until further notice it's just a rumor, and not even from ResetEra's usual insider.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Enjoying the game greatly so far. I think i am on my way to the second den. So far the only issue i have is i think the card rng may be too low sometimes, but then again some cards just drop right away...

Dukefire

Smash Master
I'm just wondering how many jokes are there for Smash and possible other shenanigans? Even though it is not directly on the subject.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m really gonna have to see if I can buy Seven Sirens soon.

This is the first time Uncle Mimic has ever been voiced, hasn't it?
Yeah, I was surprised to hear him speak
I just saw the first cutscene, but I can’t tell yet who it is. Any confirmation on who voices him? Also did Bolo get recast cause that doesn’t sound like Nate.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Not much, but from a source about Challenger 7.
Taking it with a grain of salt, but someone said that Neku from The World Ends with You series may be Challenger 7. Do you think it's possible?
Source:https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...hread-12-thats-a-stretch.205446/post-35145387
1. I don't even recognize that guy so I doubt that's a leak or anything resembling one.
2. People are probably just speculating this because the Anime Expo 2020 guidebook art leaked and it was cross promotional with TWEWY. I'd expect an anime more than anything for TWEWY right now.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
1. I don't even recognize that guy so I doubt that's a leak or anything resembling one.
2. People are probably just speculating this because the Anime Expo 2020 guidebook art leaked and it was cross promotional with TWEWY. I'd expect an anime more than anything for TWEWY right now.
Agreed, either that or a manga. Not every game news is related to Smash, we know this by now.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Agreed, either that or a manga. Not every game news is related to Smash, we know this by now.
Still, any leak regarding potential or not, anybody will take info for Smash. Since June will be the month to reveal the ARMS rep and possibly Challenger 7 sneak peek.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Still, any leak regarding potential or not, anybody will take info for Smash. Since June will be the month to reveal the ARMS rep and possibly Challenger 7 sneak peek.
Not strictly just Smash: there's heavy buzz over possible PS5 news right now, as well as Sega apparently being involved with something important. Not to mention the forthcoming new game announcements in a period that would have had E3.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I still personally think challenger 7 will be our second and final first party character for three reasons.
- I think it will be Rex or a Gen 8 Pokemon, and they both have promotional material coming out soon
- The pandemic is making it more difficult to work with third parties atm, making a first party more likely
- Once this last first party is announced, Sakurai can announce that every remaining character is third party and the hype can begin.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Im getting a 200 bonus from my plae of work at the end of the month suposedly....IM SOOOOO F****** CLOSE TO DOUBLE DIPPING AND GETTIGN A DIGITAL COPY just for the hell of it so I dont have to wait for my physical.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I haven't gotten the chance to play the game yet, but I decided to check out the OST in concern and... well there's quite a few bangers in there still regardless of the composer swap lol.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Im getting a 200 bonus from my plae of work at the end of the month suposedly....IM SOOOOO F****** CLOSE TO DOUBLE DIPPING AND GETTIGN A DIGITAL COPY just for the hell of it so I dont have to wait for my physical.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Who here bought River City Girls, when did you get your phyiscal copy from LR?

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Who here bought River City Girls, when did you get your phyiscal copy from LR?
I did, and it was a solid 6 months or so for mine. Really long wait. You should probably double dip if necessary because Shantae might get in Smash before you get your physical copy lmao.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Six months....Six months....Six months...six months

Absolute Horror.gif

zferolie

Smash Hero
Is it like a Twitch and Vinegar moment or full on Space Princess Harem?
Closer to space princess harem but not nearly as long as that. pretty funny though

EDIT: Bumpped into my favorite enemy, and once I found a spot to farm herm I did till I got her card.

She slaps her butt at you too as a taunt

Last edited:

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Missed out on the chance to buy the Collector's Edition for Xenoblade...

Shantae and the Seven Sirens (Digital) will take a few days to release in Europe...

Had to cut short a visit to my friend... (Family emergency)

I'm feeling fine. How are you?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I still personally think challenger 7 will be our second and final first party character for three reasons.
- I think it will be Rex or a Gen 8 Pokemon, and they both have promotional material coming out soon
- The pandemic is making it more difficult to work with third parties atm, making a first party more likely
- Once this last first party is announced, Sakurai can announce that every remaining character is third party and the hype can begin.
Fatman insisted about rumors in regards to The Pokémon Company being real difficult about allowing DLC for their major Pokémon games before Sword/Shield, so I honestly don't know if we'll get a gen 8 this time.

If we get any first parties, I still think it'll be someone that's not nearly as expected. I know how these things work by now.

Closer to space princess harem but not nearly as long as that. pretty funny though

EDIT: Bumpped into my favorite enemy, and once I found a spot to farm herm I did till I got her card.
Too bad that the person behind said fanservice scene isn't even fought at all. Pretty much just there for world building and little else.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Missed out on the chance to buy the Collector's Edition for Xenoblade...

Shantae and the Seven Sirens (Digital) will take a few days to release in Europe...

Had to cut short a visit to my friend... (Family emergency)

I'm feeling fine. How are you?
Its still orderable on gamestop.com if you can use that.

Fatman insisted about rumors in regards to The Pokémon Company being real difficult about allowing DLC for their major Pokémon games before Sword/Shield, so I honestly don't know if we'll get a gen 8 this time.

If we get any first parties, I still think it'll be someone that's not nearly as expected. I know how these things work by now.

Too bad that the person behind said fanservice scene isn't even fought at all. Pretty much just there for world building and little else.
honestly i think the 1 other 1st party i really feel is garunteedis Rex and pyra. Then there is also the idea of bonus characterstied to iwata and other stuff, which would be 1st party only

And yeah, shame, but he was very amusing. Plus Shantaes 1 line. This is stupid.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
honestly i think the 1 other 1st party i really feel is garunteedis Rex and pyra. Then there is also the idea of bonus characterstied to iwata and other stuff, which would be 1st party only

And yeah, shame, but he was very amusing. Plus Shantaes 1 line. This is stupid.
If we go long enough without a Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit event, either we might get King Boo, or they'll just leave the G-00 throws as its only reference.

Also, Squid Baron turned into Moneybags, apparently.

zferolie

Smash Hero
If we go long enough without a Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit event, either we might get King Boo, or they'll just leave the G-00 throws as its only reference.

Also, Squid Baron turned into Moneybags, apparently.
while i think king boo could be a fun character, and another villain to add to the game, i think i see Waluigi being more likely mostly due to his popularity.

Other 1st party bonuses i think will be echos, but 2 will be originals, 1 an easy upgrade from assist, the other someone ties to Iwata. As for the echos, i myself want Medusa, Impa, and either Dixie Kong or Black Shadow from FZero. Dixie is super popular, and honestly she deserves to be more like a luigi or isabelle then an full echo, but if this is the only way she gets in fine. Black shadow since not a single fzero rep since the launch of the game(only other rep like that is yoshi and hes more a tie in to mario series in all but name), plus you could bring back full melee ganondorf for that playstyle to return.

Indeed he did, but i do want figures of shantae and sky dressed like that. Also would like to see how rottytops and risky would look like too

Dukefire

Smash Master
Again, from Humble Beginnings on the GBC to now with Seven Sirens on Multi-Platform.

She has gone from Zero to Hero with a story.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I have yet to see one bad review yet of the game, and most people say its on of the best in the series, at the level of pirates curse
Oh, I hadn't seen that cutscene! Must have been a Console Addition, since the ones I've seen in the Part 2 of the AA version doesn't have that one.

That being said, one of the more cynical members of JTDaddy17's Discord was more critical of it. Primarily the Tan Line Island sequence and the repeat of tropes which he never specified, though he still gave it a 7/10

Last edited:
Top Bottom