• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shanghai Melee!

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm a University student from Sweden and I'm studying in shanghai right now.

I'm looking for anyone who plays melee here for friendlies/practice. Im going to be here until july, so if u live in shanghai and play SSBM write something or pm me and I'll give u more info.

Im quite new to the community, so im not super good, (tech skill not fluent) but whatever skill lvl you are I'm sure we can have great games!
I play most high tier characters, and some midtier too.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll be taking a job in Shanghai in February and I'm always down for smash.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Yoooo Ray. Saudi Arabia was about what you'd expect it to be, except much safer and infinitely more boring. In any case I'm glad to get the **** out of there. China looks to be the next thing unless the school reneges on their deal.

Still holding down the melee throne in Korea?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
Yoooo Ray. Saudi Arabia was about what you'd expect it to be, except much safer and infinitely more boring. In any case I'm glad to get the **** out of there. China looks to be the next thing unless the school reneges on their deal.

Still holding down the melee throne in Korea?
lol we should be posting in the korea thread. hmmmm basically i got dethroned after a guy named knightpredator came aka Josh. Josh is half Korean and was visiting family at the time. He's ANOTHER marth player. He beat me, but I'm on his level IMO. i learned a lot playing him. Him and marcus played as well, they went back and forth but Josh beat marcus too.

honestly, between me Josh and Marcus we're all really close. I definitely play the most characters at a higher level, and I NEVER touch sheik. I use her one or two times during a session.

Brett, where are you now?

Yokocrono

Smash Rookie
Shanghai (or close enough) Melee player here. I am REALLY wanting some Smash action after watching EVO, and it'd be awesome if I could find someone close to Shanghai to play with. Ahhh, man, no one is going to see this, but I have to try. I would be willing to buy everything (GC, controllers, NTSC Melee, and a CRT TV) if even ONE person is interested!

alucard.ec

Smash Apprentice
Hey
Shanghai (or close enough) Melee player here. I am REALLY wanting some Smash action after watching EVO, and it'd be awesome if I could find someone close to Shanghai to play with. Ahhh, man, no one is going to see this, but I have to try. I would be willing to buy everything (GC, controllers, NTSC Melee, and a CRT TV) if even ONE person is interested!
Yokocrono, where are you? I'm trying to check the activity here in China. It seems more and more people are writing around here lately.

Gray Fox

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I'll be moving to Nanjing in August and I'd like to get to know if there are many smashers active in the area. I'd be down to go to Shanghai for a weekend to play melee or brawl some. Feel free to message me on qq 1492428989

Azotal

Smash Cadet
I'm moving to Shanghai for at least 3 years coming August; I'm planning on bringing my wii with melee (20xx hack) and brawl/PM. If anyone sees this, I rarely get on smashboards, but if you shoot me a message with contact info/write on my wall or whatever I'll reply eventually. Let's get together and play!

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I live in China too, will probably live here also and I have smash 4 too. I used to play melee at an above average rate. but its been a whileee. Been here in china for a few months only. I will try to check if there is a Facebook page also

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Hey Guys, me and Azotal have been playing games regularly for a few months now, as well as discovering and even creating some other players in the Shanghai scene.

We're really close to creating a good local scene of players and have been paying close attention to our SmashBoards private messages and replies here.

So just to reiterate, if you live in Shanghai, close by or even elsewhere in China, and like Smash Bros, regardless of your skill level, CONTACT US! :grin:

Top Bottom