• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shake Shake! Marina (from Mischief Makers) for Smash!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Yo I gotta come clean I made the ''leak'' render. I originally made it for an Instagram post but wanted interest in mischief makers to spark in the community before game awards. Forgive me. At least give me an honourable death. Rock on Marina supporters, never let that spark die out. GoMarinaSquad

View attachment 251086
This is great dude . I believe that this is the best looking render of Marina though the nose can be a touch better.

Have you guys seen the GameXplain 100 females for Smash list? Marina is a huge glaring snub from that list.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh sweet there's a thread. Loved Mischief Makers, so Marina's a character that would make me happy if she got anything, unlikely as she is.

Count me in as a supporter!

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Been wanting to post in here for a long time, but felt like the thread was gon' die.

I'm the minority whom actually voted Marina in the Smash 4 ballot. She is my most-wanted Pipedream character after all. I can't see it ever happening, though...sadly.

mischief'n.png

Emelie

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised that this game is so obscure. I remember playing it so much together with my older brother as a kid.

We spent forever trying to get the last golden gem because we wanted to see what happened to Marina after she became a human and after blood, sweat and tears we finally succeded.

But it was just Professor Theo being a perv as usual so we almost died laughing since we spent so much time trying to get those last seconds of the cutscene! :psycho:

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Marina is my number 1 want for smash. I might change my profile pic to her. Does anyone have any good ones?

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Hey Biometal, long time no see!

I was reminded of you recently. Did you hear the news about ScottFalco, or should I say "his most wanted smash fighter"?

Who would of figured?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's unfortunate that Marina might never become a fighter or get anything in Smash due to how much of a pipedream she is. I was so happy I almost died when my boi Goemon made it in as a Mii costume because never in a million years did I ever thought he would receive anything in Smash especially a Mii costume. I would be happy enough if Marina at least got a Mii costume like Goemon did because even though it might not mean your favorite character will become a fighter, they're at least getting acknowledged and getting their foot in the door.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
Hey Biometal, long time no see!

I was reminded of you recently. Did you hear the news about ScottFalco, or should I say "his most wanted smash fighter"?

Who would of figured?
Yup, heard of him. Never went to his channel, though.

I want a remake so badly, or for her to show up in at least something modern. Just like with Goemon, a non-playable role would sting me again, but a bit harder, especially for being such a niche character. But I guess it'd be at least something.

Ohhh~ The things that I would do to allow her an invitation.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yup, heard of him. Never went to his channel, though.

I want a remake so badly, or for her to show up in at least something modern. Just like with Goemon, a non-playable role would sting me again, but a bit harder, especially for being such a niche character. But I guess it'd be at least something.

Ohhh~ The things that I would do to allow her an invitation.
Man i would love a remake, or at least if we get N64 games on the nintendo thing, her game comes on it. it deserves a second life.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
I felt like I'd probably had been the only one to vote for her in the ballot back then, but found out only a handful of others did. Probably wasn't enough to warrant her anything, sadly, but it's best to wait to see what'll happen for this second wave.

That aside---
I was trying to find some Mischief Makers servers on Discord earlier last year, but only found one. Except it was moreso just a tiny, inactive group and Mods who just play FPS games in Voice Chat and ignore anything else. A few people even got banned or kicked put for interrupting, I guess. They were just trying to talk about Mischief Makers and Marina in Smash etc. I don't know how it is now, anyway.

It'd be great if there were any actual dedicated Marina for Smash thing going on. I do remember a Twitter page for it, at least.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
What to post...
Welp. Hoping that the necro-posting / locking phase doesn't start.

d31aenx-808f7d49-2158-4b83-8979-4a030790a62f.png

zferolie

Smash Hero
i hope the company does something with Marina here one do. She was quite and her game a ton of fun

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Looks like there's a spiritual successor coming.

zferolie

Smash Hero

She and the game look cute! I love how fans are taking into their own hands to make the games the companies refuse to

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I really hope they finish this and it comes out.

I just now found, so kinda late.

I only saw a couple of minutes of gameplay from this video, and I'm getting strong Mischief Makers, Mega Man Legends and Shantae vibes. I'm loving it. The gameplay and the character obviously reminds me of Marina and Mischief Makers. The designs of the levels give off a strong Mega Man Legends vibes in my opinion. When I saw that girl dancing, it reminded me a whole lot of Shantae for some reason. I'm loving the style of this game already.

Last edited:

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Did anybody know about this game with Marina in it? Called Papertime Showdown or Rakugaki Showtime! in Japan

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
My Dad follows Rightstick studios on twitter. I made answering someone who didn't know the protagonists name. (Loam) He says it got the most attention out of any of his posts.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Did anybody know about this game with Marina in it? Called Papertime Showdown or Rakugaki Showtime! in Japan
Holy ****! I already knew about this game, but I had no idea Marina was in it. That's awesome.

Top Bottom