• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelots

Smash Cadet
Hey guys what an amazing weekend. On behalf of the NZ crew thanks for having us and hope to come back and play again :)

So much to learn so much to learn. Had heaps of intense matches (and heaps of sound thrashings), great feeds, way too much whiskey, met heaps of awesome people and despite the solid bruising my bank account got, I can’t wait to do it again.

Shout outs to the organisers running 100+ entrants in round robin pools smoother than we run 8 people through a double elim at our bi-weeklys. The planning, organisation, communication and execution were fantastic.

Shout outs to Skeletom and his flatmates for one of the most crack up nights I’ve had in ages. I still think the biscuit is the top of the Jaffa Thin, but I don’t think that puzzle can ever be truly solved.

Grim thanks for the ice climbers tips and tricks session, although it was quick it was still really useful - hopefully some of those tips are retained through the haze of whiskey from later in the night

Lucky, I had a great time hanging out with you dude. Come to NZ whenever you want and we’ll sort you out with accommodation etc (and you won't even have to sleep on the floor!).

Armada/Lucky, cheers for the *ahem* helping hand in the crew battle :D Honorary Kiwi’s!

Apologies that we couldn’t cram everyone into the hotel room on Sunday night for whiskey with Lucky/Armada after the pub. The insane hangover I received may offer some consolation

To the NZ team, nice effort boys. Grats on everyone taking at least 1 set in their pools. Major time in the lab is needed!

I mentioned to a few people that there is a NZ national in October. It’s the first time we’ve been involved in a major with the NZ FGC so we’re pretty damn excited. If anyone’s keen for a trip over details are here https://www.facebook.com/events/329490947220217/?ref=70 won’t be 100 entrants but should still be a blast J

See you guys on netplay!

Ev

S.D

Smash Master
No need to apologise for the hotel, it wouldn't have been fair for us to impose. As it turned out we ended up cramming in with QLD for an impromptu crew battle apparently (I don't actually remember this).

Who has the results and when are they goin up? I wanna see where Karu placed in melee everyone was talking him up but I never saw him play :/

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
No need to apologise for the hotel, it wouldn't have been fair for us to impose. As it turned out we ended up cramming in with QLD for an impromptu crew battle apparently (I don't actually remember this).

Who has the results and when are they goin up? I wanna see where Karu placed in melee everyone was talking him up but I never saw him play :/
Tied for 9th: http://challonge.com/ssmeleesingles/standings

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
But Basty.... I destroyed you....
I mean it was 2 or 3 stock each match wasn't it? I might be remembering something else I dunno.

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
But Basty.... I destroyed you....
I mean it was 2 or 3 stock each match wasn't it? I might be remembering something else I dunno.
Welp my 13 y.o sister said I was being a scrub for letting Basty take a stock off me, what would she say if she found out he took TWO stocks from you. ;)

Seriously though @ Basty Basty ,keep your chin up and practice! You'll get better, I do remember there was a few good combos/strings on your end.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Well it's been a while since I posted here, but I had such a great weekend that I thought I probably should.

I don't really want to shout out so much as I don't really feel I should be shouting out for a tournament I didn't even play in, but it was good to see everyone in the community again, or to meet people who had come into the scene since then. Sometimes being away from something and suddenly finding yourself back in the middle of it makes you realize how much fun you had back in the old days, and it was a bit of an interesting experience for someone like me, watching from the outside again.

That being said, I'm glad to see that a lot of the new people are bringing the hype. Never stop getting hype about how much fun you have playing a video game. Especially while watching in the Dreadzone.

All the new people I met over the weekend genuinely seemed like great people, and I got to hear a lot of different stories about rivalries and trolls who had made the community their home, which I always love to see.

Mainly seeing people come up to me and happily give me a warm smile and a friendly hug, there's nothing like this in the other games I have played. The Smash Community really is a family for some of us, and even if I leave for 3+ years (apparently, I have no idea how I even let that much time pass) it's great to still be recognized as part of it.

After this, I definitely will go back to playing a bit, even if it's just casually practicing again (Although the competitive spirit inside of me really wants to go ham and get really good). I have not been to a tournament more moving and spectacular as SSV, and I'm glad I decided to hang out with you guys this weekend.

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts

Thank you to all commentators (in no particular order). Everyone did their bit and their best.

Max
SD
Cao
Shaya
Smopup
Mytus
Attila
Tibs
Corpse
Sam from WA
Dean
Jamwa
Cal
Hobobloke
Lucky
Skeletom
Miles
PCG
Splice
Forte
Vlade
Moxie
Cup
Tinman
DD
DZ
Leeyam
Redact
Dekar
And that guy from Perth who insisted he be on stream before he even told me his name. Richard (for almost commentating)

If there was anyone else, I’ve either forgotten or you jumped on without asking. So I’m sorry, or **** you.

This took longer than anticipated, full shoutouts later and a commentary post mortem when all the vods come out.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Who had the recording setup on sunday on one of the TVs at the back?
My set with $pup was recorded on that, it was a good set, was hoping it could be uploaded.

shoutouts later

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
My set with $pup was recorded on that, it was a good set, was hoping it could be uploaded.

shoutouts later
Kaizo (or Kaiza however you spell it) had that. My sets with PCG and Hyes are on that too.

S.D

Smash Master

shoutouts later
I was watching this and I really want to do a set analysis if it gets uploaded. Someone (cough max) teach me what software I can use to film myself doing a video like what Chillin/Mango do.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
shoutouts to jei and lee for fun times friday, saturday and sunday night.
shoutouts to jei again for an amazing set that i well and truly deserved to lose if it wasn't for gordo coming to my rescue; you completely outplayed me the first three games.
also i got my bag back lol.

shoutouts to invisi for brawl teams and melee teams; i feel we have potential and can improve further if given the opportunity (in brawl that is; we are hopeless at melee lol) but probably won't have any more opportunities lol.
also thanks for pokémon, friendlies, chills etc. was good seeing you again.
anti-shoutout to jamwa for staying up all night playing dota (jk) and missing melee teams lol

shoutouts to joey for putting up with my commentary and (generally) being supportive afterwards - i understand it was a less than ideal situation lol.

shoutouts to tibs for keeping it cool and clutching losers' bracket set even when i was doing my best to throw gordos at you

shoutouts to tin man for being too good at this game. it was good to finally get some games in with you but those were kinda ugly lol.

shoutouts to nixernator for cool times and despite not seeing you in years you're still so good at this game like wtf man.

shoutouts to V for a fun set and because you're improved so much since i first played you at BAM last year.

shoutouts to brad from W.A. for lots of fun friendlies and being man enough to switch to zelda. ggs in pools as well - keep improving and build that W.A. melee scene!

shoutouts to dom for clutching out an amazing melee pools set, i need to practice hard now for revenge lol.

shoutouts to zero for fun games on fun stages in melee pools - you're so good at this game man but i still enjoyed myself.
also shoutouts with pete for falcon 4-way in brawl lol.
shoutouts to attila pcg jimbo and tomo for melee pools matches.

BIG shoutouts to dekar, redact, attila, plasia, joey, max, dreadtech and everyone else who contributed to making this the best and most professionally-run smash event i think i've ever been to, shoutouts to w.a. and international crew for delivering on the hype and shoutouts to anyone else i played smash with or otherwise interacted with over the weekend for making this such an amazing experience.

i would also like to give one final shoutout to jei, x, cao, attila, condog and vermy for your time and efforts into making brawl tournaments run over these five years - i can't understate how much of a (mostly) positive impact this has had on my life.
i am going to miss this game and am still undecided if i will continue to attend monthlies without it at this stage ;(

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
I was watching this and I really want to do a set analysis if it gets uploaded. Someone (cough max) teach me what software I can use to film myself doing a video like what Chillin/Mango do.
I'd really appreciate that

Basty

Smash Ace
actually it was 2 stocked each match jei
Meanwhile I faced some other guy and got 3 stocked
best match I had all tourney

S.D

Smash Master
One small complaint I would have is just a general behaviour thing - but people need to respect equipment. I had to scour the whole venue for my USB (which was literally JUST loaded up with PM/20xx) after the event as someone had taken it and failed to return it to its original location. Otherwise I think everything was about as good as we could have hoped for.

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
There is the minor problem pf people expecting the other guy they played to report the match and thus don't and both players wander around without doing it, or people complaining that they don't have a match and have to wait around as if a TO has the power to make people play faster but that's par the course with every event with random newcomers and people not being known by TO's or regulars.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Listened back to some of my commentary and I "definitely" did a bunch of things I hate when others do. "Fantastic" effort by everyone else though lol. Commentary hard to get right, but ppl I liked so far were Caotic, Smopup, Max, Cup/Moxie (for hype, game knowledge could be a LITTLE higher but Cup's excitement is infectious), Joey, Shaya Redact. Overall good standard imo. Also Miles just for the voice. Attila is great too but every time I flub something he guesses I was trying to do something I wasn't, and when I do something weird on purpose he thinks it was a mistake.

Last edited:

Cup

Smash Rookie
Listened back to some of my commentary and I "definitely" did a bunch of things I hate when others do. "Fantastic" effort by everyone else though lol. Commentary hard to get right, but ppl I liked so far were Caotic, Smopup, Max, Cup/Moxie (for hype, game knowledge could be a LITTLE higher but Cup's excitement is infectious), Joey, Shaya Redact. Overall good standard imo. Also Miles just for the voice. Attila is great too but every time I flub something he guesses I was trying to do something I wasn't, and when I do something weird on purpose he thinks it was a mistake.
Thanks dude, I'll be the first to admit that I don't have the most knowledge on MU's at this point but I guess that comes with reading up and experience with the game. As it stands I try to put myself in the situation and give some opinions based on general observation. As for house keeping and stuff, my crt went missing over the course of saturday to sunday (it wasn't being used). Im not too fussed considering I have a replacement but id be interested to know where it ended up lol

Gords

Smash Champion
@ Gords Gords (zelda) vs @ S.D S.D (ness) at silent suite crew battle, hypest match to date
would have been better if it were on a better stage, i also think the PM doubles finals was the hypest match of the weekend
Dreadtech to good.

Last edited:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Shoutouts k here i go: why 'yall gotta be so madt cute?! I had like 50 raging boners all weekend

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
Thank you to everyone who made this weekend the best ****ing weekend ever. Every single one of you who attended made this event a little more better.

Dreadtech- I'm really happy for you dude. You made for the hypest set of any smash I've ever seen ever and I really hope you do even better at monthlies soon.

Baileeh- Cheers for getting food with me, and your Falco is improving too. Keep getting better.

Miles- I've learnt to realise that every match you do with Codie is probably a money match. Nice talking to you as always and cheers for the Falco/Codie tips.

Dekar- Top bloke as always. You're probably really damn tired after this event, and you deserve a rest. GJ on third.

Joey- One of my favourite people to talk to in this scene. Great job running commentary, you did well.

All the Queenslanders- You guys are awesome. Mytus, Syke, Smopup, you're all cool people and great meeting you. Great to see Haikal and Phrase again.

PCG- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194

Perth Crew- You all surprised us. Guess we're going to have step up our PM game now, haha

NSWers- Great meeting Cao, Zero, Unreon, very nice people. Cool to see Shaya and Tin Man again, again also great people.

Redact- Thank you so much for organizing Lucky and Armada to come down. Your efforts are so appreciated, thank you so much.

Dean- Thank you for supporting me, Dean. It's such a shame to see you consider not coming to more events, it's so great to speak with you. Best of luck.

All of you are amazing and I hope to see all of you in the future.

peace.

Also haven't been able to talk in the past 2 days 10/10 worth it

Last edited:

Leeyam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeyamnz
Ev summed up most of the stuff I wanted to say from us Kiwis, just want to reiterate how much of a fantastic job the TOs did this weekend. To be able to fit round robin pools for two different games with 100+ entrants in a single day is great, and to do it without any major stuffups is a fantastic effort. As a new player to the scene, going with rr pools instead of double elim just meant I got so much more out of the event.

Shoutouts to the out of state people, it looks like VIC has been sitting on their throne for quite a while so it was good to see you guys making some statements especially in the Melee bracket/way too hype MM

Shoutouts to Mytus, dude you were so sick in our pool and it was mindboggling to think that you only started this year. Pretty inspiring, and also made me think hard about what I can do to get the NZ scene up there. Thanks man :)

And shoutouts to the Aus community in general, every part of that tournament was just insane thanks to you guys. Hope to get a bunch of you over here for our Nationals next month!

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Imo attila is a bad commentator but more than makes up for it by being great value as a person. But yeah, I agree with most of this.

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I think it's fair to say that SSV knocked it out of the park.

From the unbelievable hype during the Friday exhibitions to the 4 AM whisper-only crew battle in our hotel room, this weekend was the absolute best. It makes me so happy that Melee's greatness as a game is complemented by such a fantastic community. It's only been a few days and I already can't wait for the next one.

SUPER shoutouts to Dekar and Redact for bearing the burden of TOing among other things. I hope it wasn't too stressful and that you guys were able to have as much fun as the rest of us because this tourney was something special.

Shoutouts:

Splice - Even though you crushed Queensland's hopes and dreams, it's really inspiring to see you do so well knowing how much effort you've been putting into the game. Thanks for the great set, I hope I was more of a challenge this time. Can't wait to play you again.

S.D - Good to see you again dude. It means a lot to hear your praise even if I still make some buster decisions. I have a feeling that your advice is going to push my game to the next level, so thanks so much for that.

Joey - Great work organising the commentary and thanks for letting me on the mic. It was clear that you put a lot of time into it and I think it paid off. If only you made it to top 8 so Haikal's friend would eat his pants.

Max - Such a homie. Thanks for putting up with us Queenslanders on the Thursday night and great work with the stream.

Cal - Yo I just watched your set with Haikal... Stop choking pls. Also come back to Queensland already.

Gords - It was so good having you stay with us. You're always welcome to hang. Nice work wrecking **** with Zelda in the silent crew battle.

Tom - I can't get enough of your Falcon dude. Just become the best in Melbourne already. After every tournament we've been to I've regretted not playing you more, so hopefully we can change that next time.

Forte - Good job exposing Haikal and I in doubles with Atticus. It was fun hanging out. Sucks that you weren't feeling well on Sunday.

Tak - Thanks for the games, it was fun playing you too man. I have to admit I was a little worried when I saw you were in my pool after seeing you play Lucky, lol.

Armada/Lucky - Thank you guys SO much for flying down here, it really means a lot. Meeting and playing you both was a thrill and it's so great to know that you're both amazing in and out of the game. Playing you guys was invigorating and I know that myself and many others aspire to improve a lot after doing so.

Unny - It was great to see you again. Shame you didn't make it out of pools because your Falco looks SO crisp when it's on point. Also nice job carrying Sam in pool.

PCG/Miles - Congrats on getting your revenge on Jeremy and Woodley. PCG get better at Falcon pls.

SA (Kai, Nick, Grim) - So it turns out that Shelbyvillians are pretty cool after all. It was fun hanging out and getting a few games in. I'll see you in Twitch chat.

Karu - Holy crap dude you had me scared. I didn't know what to expect going into our set, and I was pleasantly surprised by your tech skill. I really hope Perth starts playing Melee more so that you can be even more of a threat.

Qld Wolf Pack - Really happy that so many of us made it down. I love the Qld scene so much and this wouldn't have been the same without you guys.

Time to hit the lab and get good at this game.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman

BUT MYYYYY BODY

(its not the normal combo watch it)

Last edited:

Noxus

Smash Cadet
Defiantly a great tournie had an absolute blast, huge shoutouts to all the people who helped organize such a great event, a few shoutouts:

Dreadtech: You bring the hype man, was really great to see you putting in heaps of work with Amarda, as the sets went on you seemed to improve drastically as shown by your hype up B double kill and getting like 5-6 kills the very last game. You also sent many a player to the dreadzone.

Grim: Great to hang out with and was really impressed with how you placed and how you had so many consistent characters, come to Melbourne more often!

Chappos: Was amazed by how well you play under pressure, i saw you have so many games where you were down and were able to bring it back, will not bet against you in the future. Made MK seem broken, i hope you come back for other majors.

Perth: Enjoy the money, the east coast wont let it happen again!

Karu: Was shocked by how crisp your tech was you did some of the fastest shine Bair's i have seen and did some MLG combo's against spup, did not make it easy for him at all. Keep practicing, i hope perth starts playing Melee more so you can have people to practice against.

Syke: Good experience getting to play you in bracket, It felt like i was playing dekar, and your set with Splice was probably my favorite of the tournament, really could of gone either way, i was hoping you would make a run through losers and get a rematch, damn Cao!

Radiance: Thanks heaps for the friendlies, you know the samus match up really well and I really appreciated the tips you gave me, I will work on that match up and hopefully play you in the future :D

Tristian: Great result, really good seeing a top samus player make it so far into bracket, best samus in the country for sure! I'll be practicing, hopefully i can take the tittle off you next major! Will take money off you next time ;)

Tranq: Gotta try and keep your composure man, should never quit you still had 2 stocks left. Splice nearly got a reverse 4 stock against spup anything is possible just gotta believe!

Billy: Was so happy to see you make it to top 5, you deserve it more then anyone, have improved so much through out the year I would not be surprised to see you in grand finals next time. Have done HoC proud.

Juci: You've really improved man.

Attilia: Unfortunate that brawl has been slowly phased out, If you put anytime into any of the other smash games you could be a top player for sure.

Dekar: Never seen you play so well, mind games are real deserved the 3rd position, always bring the hype!

SD: Wouldnt worry about the loss man is quite some time before another major so you dont have to worry about losing to dekar till then.

Hughie: Good set, good tech I would like you to play a bit smarter I think you could take it next time!

JKTS: You earnt that money man, you have improved so much in such a short period of time, maybe it will be me who wont want to play you in bracket now

DD: Good getting to play you in Melee and chill your puff is quite smart keep at it!

Basty: Diddn't get to play you unfortunately, although your old man is a good bloke!

DonB: get rekd make top 20 next time scrub

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Just got back from the hospital, bronchial pneumonia yeeeeey. My body just doesnt like smash anymore it seems. Still, was an awesome weekend of playing dubs with armada and watching all the hype sets. Even if we lack a bit in the meta we know how to get behind our players and bring the hype. GG Aus smash

Splice

Smash Hero
shoutouts to everyone who attended. It's difficult to mention everyone but heaps of people made an impact on my weekend and every single on of you improved the event. Shoutouts to all the people I played friendlies with, Tabs for wrecking me with DDD and familiar faces like DD just for rocking up and being homies but biggest shoutouts to all of the following individuals;

LUCKY AND ARMADA
It was so great to have you guys here. I learnt so much from playing you Lucky and setting time aside to chill out with you all week in the lead up to Shadowloo was well worth it. It was awesome to have you dive straight in to Aussie culture, I hope you continue to use the insult "sheep-shagger" in America. Good luck opening a potato cake stand too, I told my dad about how much you loved potato cakes and he said you're a smart man, and you'll make a million dollars if you open a potato cake stand in America!
Adam, I hardly even played you and when I did, I was quite ill and not in the best form to ask questions and learn. If I had been thinking more I had some questions to ask you about how you were changing your decisions from match to match, and I would have played some Puff against your Peach. But when I paid $150 to have you come down here, I never anticipated how much quality you would bring to the tournament itself. Project M doubles, the event I expected to care about the least, was worth $150 alone just to see you bring the best out in Dreadtech. In addition, watching you play Dekar and the other top Australian players was interesting and intense, and has motivated me to get better. I wish I could understand more about how you do so well and always manage to make more good decisions than your opponent, but I guess that can only come in time.

Cheers to both of you for one of the best weekends of my life.

Congratulations to Dekar for being highest placing Australian. I was stepping up my game in a few ways at this tournament and was confident I could take you down, but your played in a way that threw me for a loop. I've always been racing with Tom to improve but it's exciting to be shown that even those at the top are really striving to push their game. I was rooting for you all the way against SD and was so glad to see you take Armada and Lucky on with stone cold confidence.
Thanks heaps for running the tournament. I really appreciate the kindness you were able to show after running such a big event also, usually TO's get mad crabby but you and Phil held it down real professionally.

Redact, too bad about $pup. I was watching those games and hoping you'd take it. At least you managed to hold it down against Toshiba, who was also looking sharper than expected on Sunday. Big props for all you did during the event, handling things well and being entertaining and in seemingly good spirits despite the burden of TO'ing. aw yee

Atticus, I heard (and saw) that you were playing quite sloppy on the saturday but watching your set with Skeletom it was really good to see confirmation that we hadn't lost you. Didn't speak much over the event but you remain a high level and solid player. Really took it to QLD too

SD, really tight play in crews against Lucky. Looked liked the better player for a little bit there... Maybe if you didn't forsake so many edgeguards we'd have had the tiny few stocks more we needed to defeat Armada?? Grats on 2nd Highest placing Australian, I know your loss to Dekar can only fuel you to get better. Big props to all the effort you put in this weekend, what with ferrying the TVs and all. Good stuff all around from the BIG BOI!

PCG, big props for housing even though I didn't play a single game with Armada at your house. I guess that's just how things work sometimes. Man, you're getting so good and your playstyle is very modern compared to what Atticus and Toshi are doing. It'll be so good to see your thought process and mental approach improve especially when you stop underperforming in tournament. Grats on winning the spacies money match against Miles but please, put that C.Falcon down for good man. It's Ulgy.

Miles, Grats on making bracket. Didn't play you or see you much at this tournament but it was definitely quite a stacked tournament for us so it's good to see ya make it through.

Codie, Same as above ^, but also nice attempt on Tristan. You both play quite differently and to be honest I appreciate your style more, I think in the long run it'll work out as better, but Tris is just the more experienced smash bros player and he had the mettle to take that set (and your money!). Next time!

Jason: **** yeah you made bracket dude! So good man so good! you da b0ss

Attila: Thanks heaps for the lift on Friday. Hope walking back to South Melbourne and all of that was not too much of a pain in the ass. Sorry that you weren't able to beat Tinman on the day, guess my Olimar just isn't up to par for good practice. At least you guys won doubles though! Hope I'll still get to see you around even though neither of us will be focusing on Brawl nearly as much.

Tibs: Always a madt dog

:luigimelee:Joey, good work on the commentary and for coming along for car rides with PCG. Funny how you beat Karu in pools then lost to him in bracket.

Forte, nice to talk to you this week and have you troll all of us and Lucky. I think every smasher that comes to our scene needs to have the StoryTeller Experience. Like Mang0, I don't think Lucky will forget you.

Nix: So cool to see you meeting Tom. Pity you didn't manage to find any 64 setups but congrats on beating Jei again in Brawl. You're on the PR now dude. How does that make you feel? Top effort actually managing to get Selena to come along just so you could bore her to death. Good to see you as always but it's really nice to see you partake in the smash community again.

Tak! Thanks for teaming with me dude. We executed so well in some of the games and I'm convinced that we're the best team in Aus, given the right day. I feel so terrible about how I played in that game against SD in a 1on1 and I didn't save you, and those guys ended up as the highest placing Australian team. I believe as a team we totally outplayed them but mentally I'd put myself under duress and essentially threw. I know you are probably more salted about the loss to Matt-G, but my biggest tournament stain was how the doubles run ended. Either way, looks like you'll be playing against my Puff from now on until you get good ;)

Max, thanks heaps for always being such a big asset to the community in your dedication to providing streams and recording for the games. Congrats to you and Cal for beating myself and Tinman in PM doubles, I hope you had a great time as the rest of us and weren't too stressed from dealing with the recording and commentary. Big props to you man

Haikal, so we had multiple opportunities to Money match, and you wanted to delay it to be streamed at SSV... and then you pulled out? :p All good though, I'm still a bit scared to do it myself lol! Still traumatised from ACL friendlies when you turned it on. Props on maintaining a nice mane. And by maintaining I mean not looking after it at all, much like myself. Maybe next time we should do a hair match? Whoever loses has to get a Number 1 cut?

Dreadtech: Good hustle this weekend man. I look forward to teaming with in the future. It's crazy to think, but it's true, that your play this weekend and your experience with Armada has actually made me want to play PM and motivated me to want to improve all of VIC's PM game. You're a top bloke and I hope you're having a great time at Korean BBQ while I'm typing this with a wikked migraine :p

Skeletom, cheers for being key in winning VIC vs QLD. Shame about the singles run but you can only be more solid when the next major comes round. Was good fun to play you and Lucky in doubles, hope you had a great experience overall :)

Mytus, my Most Improved brother! Congrats on your win vs Timic and making the bracket man! You're such a great dude and it was great to have you at the event! Your presence always adds so much to the hype and the overall tournament experience.

Phrase, too bad about not having the clutch to make bracket, but at least you know that you can only improve. It's so hard because if one things off on any given day you really can't always get the results you want. Every part of your approach to the tournament as well as your movement and ability in game need to be strong. And definitely, heaps of your game is strong. I can't autopilot and beat you, but when I put in all my effort it feels like it makes too much of a difference. Your game has improved so much since I first met you but to steadily continue this improvement and not stagnate is difficult. I believe you can do it and would love to see you make more of a name for yourself in QLD. Thanks for coming down on Tuesday and hanging with me through the week. I hope it made it more of an experience for you and was worthwhile. I appreciate that you were chill with my lack of preperation. It's uncanny that the week before you arrived was one of the worst in a long time and Shadowloo was the greatest ever.

Blazin' Dawg, good set man. I feel it was way tighter than the one at ACL and it was good closure for me anyway. Was very happy to throw you for a loop with a bit of a different playstyle/approach to the Matchup.
I feel I've already said what I wanted to say to you when we were getting the greek dinner, but nevertheless you're one of the people I see as consistent improvers in this country. Top 6 Australians, and so much I know you can improve on, I'm already drooling over imagining how much new stuff you'll be able to do and how much more intelligent your game could be next time you come down. In the meantime, I'll be working hard to show you some new things too.

Syke, nice to finally play you. Those 3 games we played at Phil's were the first I had ever played against you. I really enjoyed our set even though there were a lot of flubs from both of us there was a lot of nice stuff too (like when you mashed out of hitstun from my shine and Countered before I could get the Bair out! Never seen that before). Good games man, and glad you had an awesome time teaming with Armada.

Shoutouts to all the new QLD players who made the effort to come down. I hope you all had a good time and will keep improving at the game also

Grim, grats on being one jank mofo and Ice Climbering your way to 9th. Funny to see you backup the trash talk by placing higher than Syke which at the time of the event I don't think you really expected, and then take it quite humbly afterwards. Much less salty times than in January. Good to see there's some contenders rising up from SA in the form of Nick and Kaiza also! Make 'em great!

Tinman, thanks for teaming with me dude. I was taking the lucky dip when I agreed to team with you because I really had no idea how good I'd play on the day for a game I haven't played in months. It was a shaky start but with my dangerously cheesy win against Corpse and Kat I feel I was able to do right by you. Good games. Also glad you got to meet Nix and got on well with him. Everyone loves Nick. Congrats on winning Brawl singles also man, I know Attila gave it a good effort this time so you would've needed to bring some new things to the table. Well done on that

Shaya and Zero; time spent with you guys was brief this time around, but you're awesome dudes and it's always great to see you. Btw Andy it might've been the exhaustion but looks like you gotta work on your heel game, get it steady like your Falcon! :falconmelee:

NZ CREW
Dz, didn't realise your flight was so early. My biggest regret is not playing Mewtwo dittos! I definitely believe you should've have made it out of pools, having the best player from WA and best from NZ in the same pool is the only real brain fart the TO's made.
When you picked Falco (the ditto is my least favourite matchup) I really had trouble pulling out the win dude! Definitely better than the results showed.
Irwin - Your Doc was not bad at all (one of the better ones I've ever played) and I enjoyed playing you.
Kelots, what a sick dude. Sorry for spilling your beer on your controller, hope it continues to work fine.
SpeedyJ, another incredibly nice guy.
BenG, I was so stoked when Tool came on over the Jukebox. You champ! ****ing incredible band, was great to talk to you at the pub and at the tournament, and I'm glad you and the rest of the Kiwi's had a great time. All of you are ****ing awesome
Hopefully a few Aussies can make it over to the big NZ tournament later this year.
Stay chill and unreasonably drunk!

Corpsecreate: What a smart player. I'm kind of upset Forte had to play you twice (once in pools, then again in bracket) but still it just shows your fundamentals and intelligence within smash is always something to be feared! No-one can ever sleep on you. Thanks for joining me on the mic for Chappos MM, the audio didn't come out the greatest but it was a fun time. GG's in PM doubles, way too close for comfort but you handled my Mewtwo cheese well. I would've probably thrown my controller man. Grats on beating SD. Was also really cool to watch you play Dekar, two players I respect fundamentally playing PM, a game I don't respect fundamentally. Those matches were quality. Anyway, pleasant to see you, as cool a dude as ever. Hope you had a great time and regret nothing! (except going near the edge vs. Mewtwo, you're allowed to regret that :p)

Richard: Those crazy last minute flight decisions! I really respect that. I feel like it must have definitely been worth it for you, everyone one in the crowd was as invested in the games as the players on stream and I hope you enjoyed every moment of the intense atmosphere hype!

Vlade: Wow great to finally meet you and have you come for burgers too! Cool to see you still retaining the fundamentals from Brawl and making pools for Melee and doing quite well in PM! I hope you find the time to play more and put some time in to one of them. You've proven with Brawl you can get things fast so if you had the time I know you'd be great. Hope you had a blast finally entering Smash at an East Coast tournament. Would've been cool to see you and Corpse take a stab at Brawl singles but I guess neither of you care for it any more?

Chappos: I'm not one to be dishonest so I will say I don't really appreciate PM as a game, however it'd be stupid not to acknowledge in any competitive environment you still have to do something to be better than the others who you are competing against, and I do respect your ability to do that. Perth as a whole has definitely put the work into PM to build strong players within it, and while you may have been able to argue this anyway, it was your defeat over Dekar that solidly cemented you as the best PM state in Aus (for now). Sorry about how goddamn hard it is to find time to money match. I'm still up for it though. While I'm not sure whether the damage you've caused to EC pride will cause motivation to improve or if our preference for Melee will continue to discourage focus on PM, I hope you opt to defend your title again (the trip must definitely have been worth it for you, so why not try again? With the big money from Redact, this one was pretty much on the house for you). And maybe you'll meet your maker in the face of

JAMWA
Unsung hero of ProjectM best in Aus I know you had a rough weekend you big choke master but ez win one day baby one day ez win i swear best in southern hemisphere too good crazy godlike player best in the world you'll all see one day you'll all see i sware on me mum

Last edited:

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Chappos: I hope you opt to defend your title again (the trip must definitely have been worth it for you, so why not try again? With the big money from Redact, this one was pretty much on the house for you).

Definitely plan to come to another east coast tournament some time! We'll need that money match, too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom