• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Basty has regrettably informed me that he has no money and thus cannot MM anyone.
How is he gonna eat / travel? Sounds fishy to me...
@ Basty Basty smashers are genuinely very friendly, so don't be afraid to talk! But dude you still owe me two MMs dude not cool. If you don't want MM, then you must vs my sister for hype match.

Also I owe some $$ to @Corpsecreate, congrats to Chappos and his supporters.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
My pools start at 2 but I'll be there at 11:30-ish to re-arrange my setup, hopefully I can find a spare TV with component.

pwnsweet

Smash Cadet
Love the commentary on the Chappos Redact MM. The dude from the East is so confident that Redact is going to win and even takes a few stabs at WA. Why can't he just accept that WA has legit players too?

Anyway, well done to Max!

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
I arrive here with my wii unplugged without any of its cables. Any info abt this is greatly appreciated. i arrived around 12 noon. Cheers
Has Dustin written on it with pink memory card/ blue usb.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Are tomorrow's Melee and PM brackets going to be run simultaneously or one after the other? As in will the PM stuff other than top 6 be streamed as well?

Last edited:

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
Good luck Adam and Zac. <3

Why can't he just accept that WA has legit players too?
Dunno, WA has proven a few times it can keep up with the East despite the lack of players.
They treat WA like it's as bad as say......SA....lol.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I think I'll just get the shoutouts done now. Also I'll try to keep them to a personal level and not go into "THANK YOU BASED *insert person/people here*" mode so this doesn't end up too long.

Shoutouts to everyone who rekt me, both in pools and friendlies. Especially MGK, that Ganon tho.

@Timic83 I love playing against your Snake man. Always on point :)
@Gords After playing you I think I decided that Ness is just the bane of my existence. Up until our set I couldn't tell if it was Ness that was annoying me to no end, or just Nido being far too good for my level. But anyway your Ness is really good dude.
@Dyl9 For giving Armada a run for his money. The only person I watched him play in pools who was able to get more than 1 stock off him. Whilst I noticed this back at RMIT (and might have even told you then as well), I just thought I'd say (again?) that your Yoshi has improved exponentially since I first played you at BAM6 in friendlies.
@dreadtech The hype master!
Armada & Lucky: Every time I watched you guys play 1v1s in PM you utterly destroyed your opponents and it was certainly entertaining. I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. I didn't come up and talk because despite my general loudness I'm actually quite shy. My point is, I am so glad I got to see you two in person and that you came all the way to Aus. I hope you enjoy your time here :)

EDIT: Dread and Armada, oh my god. Words cannot describe your performance in doubles grand finals. Seriously I don't know what to say. That will go down in Aus PM history for sure

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
I got rekt in pools
real fun hoping to come next year
normal shoutouts to the TOs, streamer and commentators
Other shoutouts to
Meredyse- I don't care what you say or what your opinion is gen 2 is best gen of pokes, but thanks for the fun talks about pokemon
Dekar- nicest guy at the tourney IMO fun story I was talking to my dad about the tournament organizers and dekar walks up like he was spying on us and listening,does being an organizer mean you can spy on people talking about you?
Hobs- sorry for not brining money for money matches, won't happen again
1ampercent- I LEFT THE TOURNEY COMPLETELY FORGETTING TO PLAY YOUR SISTER LMAO. but your a good falcon in pm tho
Jei- LMAO MY MATCH AGAINST YOU THO, I was on the edge of my seat, made me learn that yoshi sucks tho
Cal- WTF I HAD TO PLAY YOU TWICE THANKS DEKAR
Haikal- dude wtf 2 gud 4 me
Mytus- LOL i look nothing like cloud why mistake him for me
Hughie- thanks for forgetting to team with me in brawl, (jk don't kill me pls hughie)
Venks- DK-ciding is stupid thats why I kirbycided you, revenge
SurPr15e- thanks for not coming, but seriously dude you better get your ass to shadowloo next year
Splice- were you sandbagging in our doubles match? seemed like it
Invisi's hat- while I didn't meet invisi himself that hat tho
AND FINALLY THE BIGGEST SHOUTOUT
Cloud- YOU WERE THE ONLY PERSON WHO ACTUALLY TEAMED WITH ME IN THE END LAWL, but thanks for the friendlies, doubles and everything even tho we lost
ALSO SHOUTOUTS TO SAKURAI FOR REVEALING SHULK WHEN SHADOWLOO IS ON I MEAN WTF

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Gratz to dread Repping the netplay. Best team finals ever.

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
So many hype matches today, does anyone have the bracket links for melee?

Chapos, the final australian for project m Gratz!

Last edited:

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
Had a bit of fun watching the stream for those that know who I am, a lot of new players just knew my name...or reputation but was cool talking to a lot of people I used to love in the scene (and boy I annoyed some American's off a lot lolololol...so much so they ragequit the chat).

GGs Adam, loved your matches for two reasons obviously.
Good stream, great event; almost made me want to start playing again....but too busy......good luck everyone (in life I mean) and l8r. <3

Last edited:

2 +

Smash Cadet
Just want to say, as a spectator, TO's seemed to do a pretty sweet job of running SSV. When the video capture wasn't lagging it looked crispy. The gameplay was pretty sweet and I think the Aus players did a great job of showing off our scene. While we aren't quite at top international level yet, our best players are getting there and international viewers were pretty impressed so mad props to the players who turned up. Some minor points which could be improved upon:
Invest in noise cancelling mics for next big tourney
Update player/score info more consistently
Brawl is already slow and not very popular to watch (stream was mad bored), so IF you are going to stream it, it would be great if coaching was minimised. There was lots of timewasting in between games which most people didn't even want to watch anyway.
But seriously guys, good work and I hope I can be there next time.

Meredy

The Busterina
I have to wait like 25 minutes for my train so I'll just do my shoutouts now. I'm bored.

Obviously Armada and Lucky for coming down. Every minute spent with you guys was a blessing and I loved getting to meet each of you. Shame we didn't play each other at all though Lucky. Maybe next time.

Huge shoutouts to Redact for making Adam and Joey's trip possible, as well as a huge thanks to everyone who donated.

Hardpelicn for hosting on Thursday and offering to pick me up from the station if I waited 25 minutes. Should've taken the offer.

Shoutouts to Forte and SpeedyJ for wrecking me in singles.

Thanks Nick Downer for teaming with me. I'm not a huge fan of teams but I had quite a bit of fun.

Corpsecreate for stopping me from going through to bracket. I want a rematch.

Congrats to Tin Man, Attila, Tibs, Armada, Dreadtech, Syke, and Shaya for your respective wins.

Gords, Smopup, Haikal, Phrase and anyone who I've forgotten for keeping me up all night on Thursday. Had an absolute blast all day, by far the most fun I've had in years. Can't wait to see you guys again.

And, of course, thanks to the entire Australian smash community for giving me a reason to get out of bed and for welcoming me with open arms. I've never felt more loved.

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
GG's all, had a great time. Thanks to Dekar, Redact and all those involved in running the tournament for making it what it was.

Hoping to see everyone again at the next big Australian tournament!

And of course, the new thread theme song:

sundowns

Smash Rookie
Huge thanks to everyone who TO'd or was involved with SSV at all; I know I speak for all of the WA players who came over when I say we had a fantastic time and look forward to coming back in future!

Props to dreadtech and the man himself for the hypest set of PM doubles imaginable, definitely the most fun I've ever had playing smash! Looking forward to getting gud at melee and coming back in future, hopefully by then the east coast will be able to keep up in PM ;).

It was a pleasure to meet all of you and I was happy to have good chats to a few in particular (Dekar, Tinman, Gords, SD, Cao and many more). Hopefully we'll be able to organise something in Perth and get a few east coast players over in the near future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom