• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
I am actually Mango
In disguise LMAOOOOOOOO
Edited to display what Mango would have typed. But without the LMAO, you don't fool me.

Regarding Armada, he might just be super salty from Evo because Hbox had his number. And took that number and gave it to several telemarketing companies.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Uhh guys, Armada's confirmed right? I just asked ZeRo if he's going and that Armada's already confirmed, and then ZeRo said that he asked Armada in person and that he's actually not coming. ?? http://ask.fm/chilezero/answer/115579124758
Yeah not sure about that one, I last talked to armada about a week ago in regards to this and he was still on board then. Just getting in contact with him again now and I'll let you guys know.

Basty

Smash Ace
no we blow the money on so much fried rice that the smash community never needs to leave the venue for food again
I can deal with that. Or you know we could just go outside but you know gamers don't do that
Or we could resort to cannibalism and eat the Street fighter players
Free food

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Currently we have approx 2300 donated, and getting a player is at bare minimum 1k+ if not more.

Armada is $1750~ for flights so that leaves us with 550 + whatever the teespring makes, which is not enough. Keep in mind I have not got the best prices yet, I've seen the flights go below $1500 for this trip so there may be more leeway still.

If Armada does come, we currently don't have enough money for a 2nd player unless we get more donations. The idea of getting a 2nd player ready to come is that if we do reach the donation amount with say 1 month left, we can still get them to come in time.

But otherwise at the current rate, no 2nd player is coming unless donations pick back up.

There's a lot extra pledged by people who haven't delivered yet and I'm not about to start harassing people to donate so I'm just working with the currently actually received.

I may host meets soon that has a small house fee which all will go to Armada + 2nd player donations.

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
Update: Armada confirmed still coming and zero is wrong. All good lol
Do you know when Armada is arriving/leaving? I really hope the footy game is still a possibility, maybe get a group together and buy tickets?

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Anymore updates on players being deconfirmed as possibility"s or being confirmed as possibility's ?
Also any chance of seeing a PM turbo mode tournament? like as a side event?

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Anymore updates on players being deconfirmed as possibility"s or being confirmed as possibility's ?
Also any chance of seeing a PM turbo mode tournament? like as a side event?
I'm getting armada to force people to reply to me now since im not getting much from some lol

Hughie

Smash Lad
Melbourne vs OoS has always been a thing at major tourneys. And no, I doubt you'll be in OoS crew.

Basty

Smash Ace
Melbourne vs OoS has always been a thing at major tourneys. And no, I doubt you'll be in OoS crew.
Well I don't want to lol. I don't want the pressure of being in a crew with only 4 stocks to rely on. Especially if I ever was the last person.
But I really want to see OoS get bopped lol

Basty

Smash Ace
so no hax? damn, both his falcon and fox are amazing
But hugo? Any samus main is welcome because Aus cant play samus
as good as me at least jk no kill me

Jamwa

Smash Champion
so no hax? damn, both his falcon and fox are amazing
But hugo? Any samus main is welcome because Aus cant play samus
as good as me at least jk no kill me
thanks for commenting friend, i like your use of strikethroughs haha

but really i dont and now im just doing it in an ironic fashion cos im pretty intense like that

and now im doing it in a post-ironic fashion because irony is so June and in this day and age you're either post-ironic or a meta-modernist

but really dude love your work

Basty

Smash Ace
thanks for commenting friend, i like your use of strikethroughs haha

but really i dont and now im just doing it in an ironic fashion cos im pretty intense like that

and now im doing it in a post-ironic fashion because irony is so June and in this day and age you're either post-ironic or a meta-modernist

but really dude love your work
Man your a nice dude
pls dude your strikethroughs are s*** compared to mine

Basty

Smash Ace
Last edited:

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
I am scared of SurPr15e now, he must be wheres wally pro or something

Also Noxus I cant, been spending my money on me lately, I'll play some friendlies tho
Hey Basty. I'm pretty pro at Where's Wally. My eyesight's pretty good. It's so good I noticed S.D on stream at EVO 2013 during top 8. S.D is the one with the white shirt on Mango's left.
S.D evo 2013.JPG

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys (particularly the forum warriors),

I'm not a mod or nuffink but could you please stick to the topic of the thread? I hate having to scroll through pages of **** posts.

If you don't have anything good to say (and I haven't noticed anything good so far) then go back to practicing your sweet fox tech or frame perfect ledge stalls.

Cheers.

GTR

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, Forte told me I would be able to get some help here so I'll post.
Just basically looking for some housing for Shadowloo for myself and a bunch of smashers from UNSW.
Let me know if you can help out!

(I was the guy that was helping Gords/EVAL with TO'ing/streaming/casting at ACL Sydney if you don't remember my ID)

Basty

Smash Ace
I just want to know, how does the seeding work?Here is an example, so say SurPr15e places very low at a tournament, high at the next and somewhere in the middle in another one after that, where would he go? It can't be low because he is placing middle-high and it can't be high because he placed in low THEN high, and it cant be middle because he has got the bottom and high.

Here is another example, OoS players (not myself), so lets say J-Birds places low at a Victorian tournament but places high in Queensland with a significant improvement, so are players from other states going to help with the seeding? Or would it be ranked of the Victorian tournaments he has placed at? If so that might not work because if other Quensland players place higher at a Victorian tournament, but lower then J-Birds at a Queensland, it might be unfair then because said Queensland player might get bopped and maybe J-Birds places a lot higher?

It sounds complicated lol

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
I just want to know, how does the seeding work?Here is an example, so say SurPr15e places very low at a tournament, high at the next and somewhere in the middle in another one after that, where would he go? It can't be low because he is placing middle-high and it can't be high because he placed in low THEN high, and it cant be middle because he has got the bottom and high.

Here is another example, OoS players (not myself), so lets say J-Birds places low at a Victorian tournament but places high in Queensland with a significant improvement, so are players from other states going to help with the seeding? Or would it be ranked of the Victorian tournaments he has placed at? If so that might not work because if other Quensland players place higher at a Victorian tournament, but lower then J-Birds at a Queensland, it might be unfair then because said Queensland player might get bopped and maybe J-Birds places a lot higher?

It sounds complicated lol
Seeding will be fair.

Don't overthink it and just leave it to the seasoned TO's, we all research and discuss with other states pretty heavily before finalizing any pools.

As for what was posted in the other thread, I'll be making a SS2k14 hype video pretty soon. If you're a top player (as in could actually be top 10 within your relevant game) from any state it would be great if you could give me links to footage with timestamps you would like to include. The video wont be long so sorry that I won't be including everyone, it's gonna be pretty tight.

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
Tristan and I will be attending, look forward to seeing u all so bring your best game.

Lol this isn't meant to be intimidating but fun comment :)

Last edited:

Radiance

Smash Journeyman
Can someone confirm the start date and time for the smash games? I'm looking at flights and the best I can do for the morning is a 9:15 arrival at the airport so need to know times asap.

Thanks

Meredy

The Busterina
If you're a top player (as in could actually be top 10 within your relevant game) from any state it would be great if you could give me links to footage with timestamps you would like to include. The video wont be long so sorry that I won't be including everyone, it's gonna be pretty tight.
Very little footage of me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom