• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, It's your boy SurPr15e a.k.a the messiah and the hero of SS (thanks Dean) here to do the traditional shoutouts in the aftermath of a tournament.

Firstly,

Shoutouts to those that actually attended. It's great to see that there are some people in the community that are still dedicated. True the scene in Australia is sucking and we might have a huge skill gap in terms of countries like America but who really cares. If any of you watched the Smash Brothers documentary, Smash is about bringing people together and making friends and that's exactly what we did at Shadowloo Showdown. I KNOW that each and every single one of you had a damn good time and damn it. I know I had too. We need to keep on doing this and following the example of unity, trust and friendship.

Penguin- Great to see you again. It was great fun commentating with you and playing you in doubles and friendlies. I can see ourselves winning a doubles tournament in the near future.

Dean- Thank you dear good sir for giving me the pleasure to commentate. I may not be able to hear my commentary on youtube but at least I get to say that I commentated that match. I hope that Hard Pelicn has commentary on his Melee videos. Ganon dittos were great and I think this will keep you in good spirits. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNpLXo55yfw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezz839nfsNw.

S.D- Thanks for the great tips and friendlies you gave me. I will be using those tips during my hiatus next year. Also if you can win the next upcoming tournament or BAM 3 times in a row, someone from the community should give you a copy of Spring Breakers. Vanessa Hudgens would have been proud if you had won Shadowloo Showdown. What was she thinking, going out with someone like Zac Efron when she could have gone out with you, the tall handsome little devil with a really cool beard and cap with your own initials on it.

Dekar- Shame I never got to have friendlies with you. At least I can share the pride in your win as you won it for Boronia and since we are both residents, we can celebrate happily. Congratulations by the way. Keep that trophy clean and don't spend the prize money too rashly. Also thanks for putting me and ShuVL in winner's brackets even though we lost. Now there is the true meaning of redemption. We had an opportuinity and we took it managing to go to loser's bracket twice in Melee doubles.

Timic- Great seeing you again, we must have our 64 MM soon.

Nido- Good partnering with you in Brawl doubles. We need our project M MM soon and congrats on our win against V and Negai.

ShuVL- Great teaming. Need to work on your Wolf more if you want that rematch on our Wolf ditto.

Attila- Nice meeting you at last. I'm happy at least to say I almost beat you taking away two stocks with my Luigi with a jab to fire punch combo (so cheap and OP).

Tux- Thank you for giving me a lift to the venue on the first day. Your generosity will not be forgotten.

Shaya- Good match. Nice to finally meet you. Still happy about the fact that I managed (for a while) to steal your T.V for my match.

Yosh, Sato, Sebby, Allens, Ghost, Nikes, Batmans, Jei, Khoa Tin Man and everyone else I know. Thanks for attending and giving me great matches and friendlies

As you know, next year I will be on hiatus as a result of yr 12. Only way you will see me at tournament's will be either if there is a local one in Boronia. Speaking of which. If there is one. If I have enough support, I might be able to organise a Smash 64 tournament and build a 64 scene here in Melbourne. If I am personally invited or am given a petition to go to a tournament (preferably BAM) or if I can win a qualifier to a tournament. Speaking of which you might see me at BAM next year. Who knows? It might be a SurPr15e.

Thanks to all who supported me and my motivation. This is SurPr15e signing out. SurPr15e, Bringing back the hype since 2001. (2001 was when I first played Smash competitively. It was 64 by the way with a bunch of friends in primary school) Established since 1996 (when I was born).

SHuVL-Smash

Smash Apprentice
really surprised i didnt get a shoutout for organising dinner on the saturday... Anyway,
Penguin, i hate you your gay!
Dean: bros for evarrrrrrr
suprise: if only i didnt SD!!!!
Nikes: grea fun playing friendlies with you, your random toon link is op!
dekar: remeber these words, I AM OUT OF LP!!!!

that prettymuch wraps it up, will do more later, have to go back into some schoolwork now but thanks for hosting such a great day guys!!!

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
@SHuVL It's a shame that those 3 knees in a row and falcon punch right after when we were playing friendlies on Melee weren't recorded on Pelican's setup. If it was, it probably would have astounded the top Melee guys and Penguin. But it just wasn't good as Mr Scribble's falcon punch offstage, which was recorded.

Gosh guys I just feel so happy, I decided to treat you to a little entertainment which will make you laugh even in the worst times. If you're losing a match think of this or myself and it will re-motivate you. All true smasher's will strive for this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYhQuuei_II. Tommorow I'll make sure all of you watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezz839nfsNw. Now I must go, I'll be back later. Now I wonder what's for dinner. Squadala I'm off.

Hughie

Smash Lad
@SHuVL It's a shame that those 3 knees in a row and falcon punch right after when we were playing friendlies on Melee weren't recorded on Pelican's setup. If it was, it probably would have astounded the top Melee guys and Penguin.
You know I don't believe you

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Hey guys,

Still wanting some thoughts on how to improve our tournaments overall.

And wanting to being some hype for Santasmash in QLD this coming December! Melbourne's gotta get some respect back!

Remastered

Smash Lord
No dates yet for Santasmash. I'll confirm them as soon as I hear from the lansmash team (sent an email and FB message yesterday). Once I can 100% confirm the date, and that it's not going to change, I'll set-up a seperate thread to get people interested.

BC will most likely be the TO for Brawl, and I'll talk to Smoking Puppy about running Melee. I'll just be facilitating the equipment/transport/set-up for the event. Will keep you posted.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Agreed but on Brawl this time. I'll try to get things sorted for next year though!

Really interested in the results from this. Good stuff everyone!

Come to think of it, this one looks even smaller than BAM. :o

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Hey guys,

Still wanting some thoughts on how to improve our tournaments overall.

And wanting to being some hype for Santasmash in QLD this coming December! Melbourne's gotta get some respect back!
My only disappointment was that the livestream was limited to top 4 rather than top 8 but that was out of your control anyway.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Top Bottom