• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowball Canceling

HyperSilver

Smash Cadet
So what is it supposed to do? , I've heard of but not too familiar with the purpose. is it to turn you around? 'cause what I thought it was (based on assumtions) if you you're off the edge reverse shadow-ball charge then pressing L or R to put it away and then you can bair them and yiu kill them and then you're happy :) but is it anything (purpose wise) like lucario's ASC?

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I pretty much only use it for aerial turnarounds, and even then it's niche (a lot of the time you could just RAR if you're starting from the ground). Mewtwo's SBC is much slower than Lucario's ASC and he can't cancel into it like Lucario can anyway.

HyperSilver

Smash Cadet
oh! alright, but sometimes occasionally if I jump and I SBC all my momentum switches also, when I play and SBC that doesn't happen as often as normal is there a reason for that?

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Depends on the timing of the turnaround input. If you input the turnaround just after the SB input it'll reverse any horizontal momentum, while inputting a turnaround beforehand gives the normal effect.

Top Bottom