• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow1pj

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Now this is to help any up and coming toon links. My name is shadow1pj at the moment i am the 5th best toon link. anyways my children this is a write up take what you will from what i'm about to say.

Toon link is a strange character he can take a campy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teeGATkxAVA or aggressive approach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhMb87g6wk0&feature=relmfu to things even a mix of the two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oI0_Qj45H4&feature=relmfu. Now understand that there is a right moment for everything none of your tools are useless you just have to make them useful and pick the right moment to use them except for grab never use grab :glare:. Now the first match is between two campy characters tl and wario, notice the tools mjg uses to keep blue rouge out (spaced zair, bair, retreating nair) he goes in to shield and bair to reset his positioning at times, he isn't jumping to high all the time, pulls his bombs safely and uses them safely. This play style is ideal for matches like d3, wario,snake......actually it's safe to say if you want a higher percent chance of winning mjg's would be the ideal play style for you to emulate into your own play style. The 2nd match is tl vs marth now i recommend you camp marth but hyro is very good going aggro so it works out for him as you will see in the match. The thing about aggressive play styles is that they require good reads (camping requires reads but they are more passive just make them as they come) in aggro you make the hard on the spot reads you know where they're going to try to escape to and you put a stop to it. hyros putting him positions where he can read him and forcing him to get read(see the end) this style requires good spacing, knowledge of your swords workings mixed with fast/efficient execution on your punishes .It also be noted that hyros projectile traps while not frequent do happen and its impressive how he uses them in his playstyle The 3rd video is tl vs snake in this video jash takes hyros approach to ( aggressive) but using projectiles and and zair to keep himself at a safe distance while moving toward his opponent to get in while using his sword sometimes he will drop back but as you see after a few seconds he will approach using projectiles to trap his opponent . Take what you will i'll probably make another thread discussing other tl happenings but this is it for now btw your matches should last 6+ minutes if they're tourney matches.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
nice lol...but hard to read through because of grammar :facepalm:

you should also offer an analysis of recent videos of hyro, mjg, kingtoon, yourself, southpaw, etc.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
PJ, are you my god?

:phone:

TheFlow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flowmed
Great stuff, as a new TL im looking forward for updates ! cheers ! :toonlink:

Also is there a way to prevent TL from mindgames? I am way too readable...

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Great stuff, as a new TL im looking forward for updates ! cheers ! :toonlink:

Also is there a way to prevent TL from mindgames? I am way too readable...
Welcome to Smash Boards buddy! And no, there is no magic remedy to prevent Toon Link from mindgames. The same also applies to any character you choose, it is always left up to the player themselves to out wit their opponent. You have alot to learn young Skywalker.

TheFlow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flowmed
Welcome to Smash Boards buddy! And no, there is no magic remedy to prevent Toon Link from mindgames. The same also applies to any character you choose, it is always left up to the player themselves to out wit their opponent. You have alot to learn young Skywalker.
Thanks ! Well im NOT so new, i know the basic AT and Tools, but i am still fresh in the game, 2 months. This is why each time a learn an AT, i dont forget the basics. (thanks to fox is openly deceptive s'awesome thread !)

Sorry for the offtopic guys. Looking foward for an update shadow ! ;)

Top Bottom