Shadow Mewtwo . . . . . Banned?

Y2Kay

#BuffGreninja
NNID
Why2Kay
My local smash scene is also hosting a pokken tournament and they're already banning Shadow Mewtwo.

What argument can I use to convince them to undo this ruling, if any?

:150:

3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
My local smash scene is also hosting a pokken tournament and they're already banning Shadow Mewtwo.

What argument can I use to convince them to undo this ruling, if any?

:150:
Disqualify anyone who tries the blockstun infinite? (or give the victory to the victim if they were ahead). I dunno, seems like that's the only dishonest thing about him at the moment.

At our EGP monthly we DQ anybody who does more than two hits in the loop. It's a bit tough to enforce, but that's really all we got. Everything else about him is honest like meleebrawler said.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
If you want a more official statement on it, maybe try telling them about Xanadu's ruleset which allows shadow mewtwo but dqs anyone who does the infinite.

Last edited:

Kupathci

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2363-6083-0566
NNID
Lucian™
I have to say that I really hate Shadow Mewtwo, but I don't think banning is the solution, people just have to get good and I think a nerf can solve it.

3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
I have to say that I really hate Shadow Mewtwo, but I don't think banning is the solution, people just have to get good and I think a nerf can solve it.
Already happened. Namco didn't just fix the infinite (by slowing down Miracle Eye in field), they also adjusted his projectiles so that he can't just fill the field with them.