• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I guess that makes sense. Amy is enough of a ditz to get captured twice in the exact same area... In fact she's probably the damsel in distress this time too. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I doubt that Sega can get away with an Episode 3. They'd already be pushing it with no connectivity with Episode 1, teasing an Episode 3 would just be bad taste for a game that's clearly been in development since Episode 1.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
The walking speed & acceleration were about the same as it was in the classic games. The only difference is that Sonic actually has a walking animation instead of immediately going into a jogging animation that lasts until his Spiny Feet animation kicks in.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
The walking speed & acceleration were about the same as it was in the classic games. The only difference is that Sonic actually has a walking animation instead of immediately going into a jogging animation that lasts until his Spiny Feet animation kicks in.
He took FOR****INGEVER to run. Which made some levels much harder because of checkpoint placement.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
He took FOR****INGEVER to run. Which made some levels much harder because of checkpoint placement.
Jump dash if it's too slow. But the acceleration is about the same as the classic games. The difference is that Sonic 4's top natural running speed is faster than the classic series'. But that's only on a straight path since Sonic 4 has like no physics.

For a little bit of a rant here, I just wish they'd make a Sonic Advance 2...Two. All the Advance series did was take Sonic 3 & expand upon it minus Elemental Shields & Super-forms. Sonic 3 had Sonic, Tails, & Knux; Sonic Advance took that and added a brand new play-style with Amy and a melee attacks. (and grinding but that's more of a stage gimmick) But of course it was a handheld so there were obvious limitations. Then Sonic Advance 2 added Cream who is another new play-style, the "trick" system, and more speed. Then Sonic Advance 3...**** Sonic Advance 3.

Sonic Advance 1 was the true Sonic 4. Hell, they very subtly, gave Knuckles an actual reason to be in the games. At least one stage of every game took place on Angel Island. Angel Island Zone, Sky Canyon Zone, & Chaos Angel Zone. Eggman comes on his turf and "play wit mai emeruuld" and gives him a reason to go kick his ***. Which is something they totally gave up on in ALL of the later console games.

Until SA3 came & **** all over the series, Sonic Advance was the real evolution of Sonic. Sonic Advance 2 was the last time they were really doing everything right and Sonic 4 just takes a step in the completely wrong direction. I can't say much for Sonic 4 Episode 2, but if there's really no playable characters outside of Sonic & Tails, the game is still devolved from what the Sonic series was previously.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I loved SAdv3 a ton, but SAdv2 was without a doubt the best of the trilogy. It's the one I replayed the most because it was just done so damn well. :applejack:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I like SA3's music and level choice, but the hub system, bass-ackwards level design (Literally Up & Down & All-Around to the point of "Where the hell am I?"), finding an ***-load of Chao to get the special stages, and most of all the game-play & partner gimmick really soured the whole experience for me.

Amazing soundtrack though. I still listen to all of Ocean Base & Cyber Track's songs.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Man, I thought X was good.
But he ****ing SUCKS!

I ***** him 2-0 with my Pit in bracket first round losers.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone. I'm sure most of you don't remember me because I was mostly a lurker, I was around during the early days of Winning Steaks, Boxobairs, lots of other old players like KirbyandSonicrock (CiTH also comes to mind because of the confusion between calling him Cat and me Catt), the repeated coming and going and banning of Boxob, and all that jazz. But I was known to post here and there(Like the Sonic shirts I got for christmas 2 or 3 years ago).

Recently between more time opening up for us, the banning of metaknight, and the access to a weekly locals, my crew and I are getting back together and getting back into the competitive scene after about a year and a half or two away... or maybe two and a half? Time just flies... So, as a dedicated Sonic main, I still main Sonic. Still LOVE playing him. But I still have a lot to learn. I still know most of the advanced techs and such. But I know there are plenty I could never really get down.

I'm no noob with Sonic. I've played against plenty of Sonic mains in dittos and only ever lost to Mr.3000, and it was actually really close! D:<
Unfortunately by the time my crew got recording equipment, most of us had too much to do to continue brawling, and whenever we did have time, only a couple of us could make it... As is the way of transitioning from carefree high school kid to college student with a job and bills to pay.

This time around I want to be more active and less of a lurker. Glad to be back. Time for steak.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna be going to a small tourney this friday. I heard that Denti won the last one, so hopefully I'll be able to get in a few matches against him to try and get back into practice. I know I'm gonna get my butt kicked, but that's one of the main ways to get better. xD
Also, depending on the situation, I might be able to bring my crew's recording equipment. But that's probably unlikely. :/

Denti

Smash Master
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna be going to a small tourney this friday. I heard that Denti won the last one, so hopefully I'll be able to get in a few matches against him to try and get back into practice. I know I'm gonna get my butt kicked, but that's one of the main ways to get better. xD
Also, depending on the situation, I might be able to bring my crew's recording equipment. But that's probably unlikely. :/
Lets play mannnn! And yea, I've one every tournament I've attended there.

Top Bottom