• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Egg Emperor... I forget which boss that is. Is that the final battle for Sonic in Sonic '06? And I always felt like all the special stage music fitted best on Pictochat lol. I wish that stage was still legal... Lol

Edit: And I just got the soundtrack and am super happy! Though can't wait to buy an original copy but I don't have 50 dollars for such now

:phone:

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Yo can someone help me with grab set ups? And could we discuss how to combat edgeguarding for our character? I dont remember ever discussing this as a group, and I feel its due time it happens.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Recently, I've been trying to incorporate Nair edgeguarding, with a bit of reverse Fair. I always forget I have a semispike Dair to use though.

Even worse, the people I play have the uncanny ability to do the opposite of what I expect them to do. I anticipate a jump? They fastfall right at the moment I double jump. I expect they'll recover low? They jump as soon as I get close to them. It's infuriating, lol.

I've actually been trying to find a use for Nair for...pretty much everything. Even straight up approaching for the lol. It just seems like a move that has a lot of potential waiting to be known.

Edit: oh, COMBATING edgeguarding. Totally misread that. Idk about that then, I just tend to stay offstage for days on end and force them to recover back first before I get back onstage.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well I've found Nair works well as an edgegaurd tool especially against marth if used properly. Due to how long the hitbox stays out.

Nair offstage to jump-footstool spring gimp <too good.

Though grab setups hmmm I've tried doing first jab to Grab and it works sometimes though usually only when your opponent tries to shield thinking you'll finish the jab string. Or Dtilt into Grab at low %. Or Spin dash footstool tech chase them into grab. Idk if that might help you but that's really all i could come up with atm. :S

True Blue

Smash Lord
Idk. For edgeguards u feel like its different for everyone and always changes on the situation. Like with Marth I tend to just let them take the ledge unless they are very far down and the ledge can be swiped from them. But I know if timed right you can aim a F smash down at the ledge when Marth does his Up B, where the blade hits through the stage, you can hit him and stage spike him. Or I let the Marth up off the ledge cause they usually do Nair and you can F Smash him through that too. Though I have probably gotten off topic lol.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I just realized how much I love watching Sonic matches and breaking them down. I can't help it anymore...:cool:

Watching some Kinzer matches btw...

Tesh

Smash Hero
You can be less precise and trade nair or bair with weak hit DS. I've never seen the Fsmash thing work, but it sounds precise.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yea I did the F Smash once to a Marth in tourney when we were on Battlefield and we basically traded blows. He took a F Smash and I took a hit from the tip of Up B that poked through the stage.

And sorry for asking this but what does DS mean?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Dolphin Slash, his UpB.

I've traded with the DS with Fsmash before too, but I just excused that as bad spacing on his part.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Oh ok lol. Dolphin Slash. Though how do you space that cause Marth's usually let the tip go through to poke the opponent to get some damage and to maybe get you away from the ledge? I mean the person I fought was probably thinking he wouldn't get hurt and he would get some free damage.
Though I have also F Smashed a Game & Watch that was using his Fish Bowl under the ledge. Though that one time was one PS1 I think and the ledges there are thin and anything usually goes through it lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Watching some Kinzer matches btw...
WTH?

Why don't you watch something worth dissecting, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nuqpW25oEQ&feature=youtu.be

Somebody go play NAKAT please. And win. I love X and all, but charging moves/committing to predictable approaches is of course why people think Sonic sucks.

... Where's that self-quote Espy always has on hand? Something about 11/-1 because grab and hitboxes/Sonic. This might apply here.

Also unrelated:

yea, you dont want grease and dandruff all over your arm.
I'm waiting for someone to get in there and mention "Bald2King" and I'm hoping to find out if one can even have head grease or dandruff if they don't have hair.

/stream monster

Tesh

Smash Hero
*shrug* he beat tr3vonte and its not like other top Sonics are immune to fox.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
*shrug* he beat tr3vonte and its not like other top Sonics are immune to fox.
Vids.

Nao.

... Or it didn't happen.

I'm tired though, I promise if you get links up I'll watch first thing when I wake up... or first thing when I get back from checking campus for class buildings and #s in-person.

Until then/if it can't be done, I'm calling out inabilities. On my part, and on everybody else's. (Hint, this applies to more people than you think)

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
X did play that match bad though, Tesh. Nakat was making all kinds of mistakes in that game. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't remember watching it. There was a tournament where tr3vonte lost to TKD in winners bracket, then beat TKD in losers bracket and then lost to __X__. It was a good while ago though. I just remember watching the livestream and wondering why TKD used MK to beat another Fox main.

edit:
found it, it WAS a long time ago.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=9972

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

EDIT:

"Dear Abdul,

Thanks for your order for Sonic Generations OST.
Please double check your mailing address below.

*address*

Please let me know the instruction if you want to get the personalized copy.

Thank you,

-Jun! / Crush 40"
IM SO HYPE.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, I don't have that kinda money to just toss around. Need to work around that, so downloading is the best thing. Free and still tip top quality.

Also, yes, I love that pic. It's Rita 'o' clock. The best kind of time. :applejack:

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Well it's kinda hard to forget your Gorillaz themed avatars and the name "TwinkleToes" is pretty appropriate for a Sonic main.
I should work in marketing up in this *****.

Forgot you can't swear on this board. What a bunch of goofballs.

Top Bottom