• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
lol i honestly dont care. I knew i was going to play boss second round and pretty much called it before the tourney began a week ahead. Was gonna win but apparently side b turns into HA and my timeout failed. yay. Game two, i got destroyed lol

Pink Fresh beats me period, nothing to get sad about. Also, make fun of me, but he'd wipe the floor with you people underestimating him. Have fun. Kinda wasnt expecting to do well, but whatevz.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont underestimate pf at all.

theres just the fact that you are a better player. playing a better character. That wins that matchup.

None of the reasons I have for making fun of you have anything to do with not knowing how good pf is.

and speed, I dont know what youre deal is. I almost never make it to the 3rd round of winners in the tourneys that I go to. cus I always get seeded like crap. but thats no excuse to lose to people you should be beating in losers.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
I dont underestimate pf at all.

theres just the fact that you are a better player. playing a better character. That wins that matchup.

None of the reasons I have for making fun of you have anything to do with not knowing how good pf is.

and speed, I dont know what youre deal is. I almost never make it to the 3rd round of winners in the tourneys that I go to. cus I always get seeded like crap. but thats no excuse to lose to people you should be beating in losers.
...im not better than pf in any way possible right now. I just cant beat him...thats all. Oh and PF doesnt get grabbed.

G'Luck Cloud.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
These PF and Espy persons sound tough...O_O'
espy already posts here so you'll see him soon enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJSZLPqwfog

Watch the vids of him from MLG dallas and you'll learn a few neat things about sonic. Im not saying dittos are the most amazing thing ever, only with speed they are =P

Pink Fresh is a loocas main from MD/VA hes a nice kid

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet
espy already posts here so you'll see him soon enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJSZLPqwfog

Watch the vids of him from MLG dallas and you'll learn a few neat things about sonic. Im not saying dittos are the most amazing thing ever, only with speed they are =P

Pink Fresh is a loocas main from MD/VA hes a nice kid
Ahh...Hey! Espy moves a lot like me! =O...I thought no one else moved like that.

"Hi I'm speed. I hate all the matchups besides dittos. Ganon is so gay. I hate fighting him. OH DID I MENTION I LOVE SONIC DITTOS?! They're such a good experience! A good experience overall."
Just. A good. Experience. Overall.
Huh? XD Wedge, you crazy.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
also incorrect wedge

homing attack being used correctly is a homing attack being deliberately done under the stage to avoid any and all forms of conflict

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Do not. Get me. Started on. Homing Attack. You n***a.

That goes for you too Jerry if you happen to be reading this.

:093:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Get sent upward.

Dair down to Earth.

HA asap after the Dair ends while in the air.

Punish landcampers looking to grab.

Profit.

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet
... Lag... and useful...?

I could give you everything else, but-

Wuuuuut?

:093:
XD I'm not sure, but if you even ask my friends, they'll say the HA is my most devastating weapon. If used at random times? Off-Stage, it can KO easily. On-Stage, can create awesome combo-related situations.

Get sent upward.

Dair down to Earth.

HA asap after the Dair ends while in the air.

Punish landcampers looking to grab.

Profit.
Oooo! That sounds nice! Thanks for that tip!

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying just use it to get back on stage most of the time, it seems like whenever I use it onstage I just get punished sooooo hard. It's sweet when you get underneath the stage and use it to get a better position for spring tho

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet
I'm trying just use it to get back on stage most of the time, it seems like whenever I use it onstage I just get punished sooooo hard. It's sweet when you get underneath the stage and use it to get a better position for spring tho
Here's a tip for using HA more effectively, as well as a DDP: Use a HA after certain manuevars. (i.e. Dashing/Dash Cancel Dodging/Spin Dash Cancel Dodging/Spin Dash Jump Cancel/etc.) It usually hits it's target for me. Sometimes, it won't hit, however you can use it's lag to your advantage at these moments, following up quickly with a Bair, or Dair, or anything you'd want to do. This is assuming you've smacked solid ground with it. If you uncurl from the HA animation, and fall into the Lag position, you're just outta luck there. HA takes a lot of distance judging to use right. As for the DDP, I'd totally recommend it as a MindGame/Dashing into Smash tech. I can't say too much on DDP, because as I've said once, it messes up my current Sonic style of play, but I'm sure some other Sonics can use it very effectively.

O_o

Do continue.
Well...Ummm...That's about it really. I sometimes use it after hitting my opponent with move barrages, clicking into some more combo techs, or getting them away. I sometimes even use it as a strained dodge tech, as it can sometimes put Sonic into some great Counter/Combo situations. I know most people say other-wise, but it seems to work just fine for me. And this is even against human players who could normally predict it. *shrug* Maybe it's just me?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you.

you seem like you might actually be good at the game. but at the same time you may just be a nieve little nubcake, and id like to find out which.

BlueAuraEX

Smash Cadet
you.

you seem like you might actually be good at the game. but at the same time you may just be a nieve little nubcake, and id like to find out which.
^^'...Ahh...Well, problem. I have no way of getting to DC, plus it is kinda far from me. There's supposed to be a Brawl Tourney of some kind coming up in Nashville, at MTAC. I'll be going there, but other then that, that's it. And even that's not official if I'm truly going. My schedule's quite difficult to set up...

Top Bottom