• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
All in all, I can't imagine many situations where spindash would be fresh (because soooooo many of our best options involve side b and down b which stale together in all their forms), but its nice to know that. MK in the air would have no options for going through you, but obviously he could just land on the platform (unless its that one part of delfino) and you wont be invincible if you try to get him there.

Its a shame Sonic doesn't have any godly powerful move for breaking stuff on brinstar, we might actually be good there.
Nevermind, ASC sucks at breaking the attachments on Brinstar's ledges, best you'd probably get would be like 17%~ on it with ASC->SDR.

Edit: did a bit more testing with it, and ASC->SDR can only be slightly better than a fully charged fsmash for breaking the pillars on Brinstar

Also, I whole-heartedly agree with Cloud's opinion, that Sonic *does* look and feel much better/fluid in brawl's physics. That's for the most part why I don't play PM.

On a side-note, personally I feel Sonic's perfect the way he is in brawl, flaws in tact, thanks to his few but gaping flaws, he's not broken like another character we all know and despise :metaknight:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
All I want is a quicker downsmash, a quicker backair, and to have better tracking for the homing attack and to be able to act out of a hit confirm or shield block.

All I want for Sonic.

[EDIT]

Oh. And to not be gimped out of Up + B via grab.
Take out the faster back air. and take out the homing attack buff. and take out the up b helpless state gimp.
add knockback for up air comparable to ZSSs up air, and change down airs knockback to be the same as ZSSs down air without changing any of the other mechanics of the move.
easily a high tier character at that point.

College move in day for me, so for once I won't be creeping on this thread too much.
which school?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Classes for me started today.
Above the fact that I only now have internet at school, I'm now a full time student and employee. I have no idea how much free time I'll have at all this semester. :applejack:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Take out the faster back air.
It is one of his few kill moves.
Having it be faster than 13 odd frames would be a great thing.
and take out the homing attack buff.
It needs to be faster.
and take out the up b helpless state gimp.
Who gets grabbed during up B?
and change down airs knockback to be the same as ZSSs down air without changing any of the other mechanics of the move.
Dair sucks.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Holy ****, Shadowlink lives.

Classes started Monday, so now I'm juggling classes and 40 hours/wk at the bookstore. Lotta fun.

Though, I think the manager's going to cut down on people after the first week rush since a lot of them won't be needed. I just hope I've been doing a good enough for her to consider keeping me on for the remainder of the semester. I did leave a note asking to not be scheduled on Wednesday two weeks from now and she never mentioned anything about employee cutting, and I have mentioned I'm perfectly willing to work game days, so I'm hoping those are signs that I get kept on.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
so my controller came in Yesterday, I've been doing alot of tech skill and spacing practice, I can almost do the trapezoid approach consistently :) my spacing could still use work though :/

need people to play :/ I don't feel like wifi'ing either

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Yes and no.
Yes, there are competitive players in my city, and yes, for the most part I attend tournaments regularly, however, since the last tournament, there hasn't been much activity, tournaments, smashfests and I'm kinda bored :/

BSP

Smash Legend
Classes start Wednesday for me, but I do this weird-*** thing. Being settled in is nice though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There is a good looking girl at my job place. And I think she may be hinting at wanting to get with me.

I'm trying to figure out the best moment to take the next step, because I'm curious to see if this could go anywhere.

Life

Smash Hero
So I guess that makes me the mandatory Forever Alone guy here, huh? Surprise anyone? :p

Nah, seriously though, I've been working on it since I left for college. Funny how getting thrown together with a thousand other random people your age you don't know forces you to get more comfortable talking to people.

And holy crap, how did I only just notice I've had this account for two years? Man, time flies.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
You could blatantly flirt with her and if she seems receptive, keep it up and ask her out

If she isn't receptive, she isn't single/is otherwise uninterested. You can save yourself the ackwardness from being too forward with her with this method

In short, it's God tier

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
College is the worst thing that's ever existed this side of fat free pancakes.
Or mint chocolate. :applejack:

Life

Smash Hero
Who has as many thumbs as core classes--all four years? This guy

EDIT: Two and a half core classes. One is a music themed version of everyone else's core class.

And my head might just explode from what happened to my schedule today.

On a lighter note, I have premium now, because my username is unwieldy and much less applicable than it was two years ago. I think I know what I want to change it to (something like Life), but if someone has something cooler I'm all ears.

EDIT again: Aw, screw it, I'll just change it. No reason to ask people. Besides, I get a second one.

EDIT3: Name change went through. Cue all the "Life sucks" jokes

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Give it two more years. You'll either love it more, or realize you made a huge mistake. :applejack:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Likely the latter.

And if you dont believe that you made a mistake before you graduate, all the loan calls you get while you dont have a job will remind you constantly

a lot of the time youll end up in a job that has nothing to do with your major.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pretty much. College is a death trap.
It wouldn't be so bad if our parents' generation wasn't so dead set on getting their kiddies into college, and it only gets worse that if your parents were like mine (middle class or lower, which covers most people), they had absolutely no idea what they were sending their kids into because, surprise surprise, they weren't educated on the process.

I mean, it's perfectly fine if everything's working out for you in college, but you're in a super minority if it's all coming together so well. :applejack:

Life

Smash Hero
College is basically guaranteed to be better than high school though, since most of your classes actually relate to what you want to do with your life. Least that's how I see it.

Of course, I'm a freshman, so we'll see how it holds up.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This generation suggests that everyone should have an undergraduate degree, in the way that people used to think that everyone should have a high school diploma. As a result, even the most menial tasks are often taken up by graduates. Graduates are disappointed with their job prospects, and people who don't go to college can't get a job at all.

If you want to be set, just join the military. It's the closest thing you can get to a free ride on life in the US these days. Hell, in many situations, they'll pay for your college after you sign up.

Top Bottom