• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
still have my original white 2008 nunchuck
and you *still* can't execute uairs OoS on command/reaction either with your controller scheme :)

Edit: besides, I doubt you used your wiimote+chuck as much in your 4 years than I have in my 1 and a half years, for a while I didn't have a job so I had a TON of free time xD

Tesh

Smash Hero
Used it for many wii games and let other people borrow it at tournaments too.

You probably only used that GC controller for brawl.

And one can do uair oos with my setup, I suck suck.

look at how i died to ybm on frigate cuz i upsmash and get fsmashed

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Used it for many wii games and let other people borrow it at tournaments too.

You probably only used that GC controller for brawl.

And one can do uair oos with my setup, I suck suck.

look at how i died to ybm on frigate cuz i upsmash and get fsmashed
nah... I used it for everything I was able to play on my wii... remember all the stuff I had on my homebrew channel? for a while that was my GC controller in use for 4+hours a day on weekdays, longer on tournament days.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my only real goal for apex, is to outplace every other sonic.

and as for the wolf debate.
Whobo 4, who made more money, kain or mcpp?

there you go.

True Blue

Smash Lord
How bout we stop worrying about who's the best player of X, Y, or Z, and just ****ing play the game like a real competitive community?
It disturbs me how much Brawl kids talk about being the best this or top 5 that. It's part of what holds the community back imo.

:phone:
Can easily be said by someone who is on the top 5... Lol just messing with ya. Though personally if no one did talk about it a lot of the conversations could end up being dead and not much would be going on. And I agree with Soupa also.

and you *still* can't execute uairs OoS on command/reaction either with your controller scheme :)

Edit: besides, I doubt you used your wiimote+chuck as much in your 4 years than I have in my 1 and a half years, for a while I didn't have a job so I had a TON of free time xD
Yo! Test my controller. All the IC's I have to play and rofl stomp my controller to get out of grabs lol.

my only real goal for apex, is to outplace every other sonic.
Hey look! That's my goal too!!! lol. Though this time I will keep my cool and not let my emotions get the best of me in pools.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its not like it would be absurdly hard to do use the C button if nunchuck wasnt so small. I got a wii "kama" with the huge huge buttons but it was ****ty quality and it broke after a couple of months.

See the little lip on the Z button and how big C is? Aside from the controller being really ugly, this is how the nunchuck should have been to avoid someone with large hands/fingers pressing C and Z accidentally. The problem is that is a cheap controller and eventually, pressing "down" on the Z button instead of "in" stopped working.

If Nintendo had designed one like this (especially in stylish black or gold)
I would have been all over that.

All I really need to do is get used to gripping the nunchuck with my index and middle finger on their own buttons, but its so small that its a bit difficult. Probably easier to just slide my finger from Z to C for OoS.

True Blue

Smash Lord
-dead- @ people not being able to execute uair oos.
Wiichuck sonics, do yourselves a favor and learn to play with tap jump.
I did it for 3 or 4 years when i used wiichuck, and i still do it on GC controller. ****'s easy, man.

DUDE! I play with tap jump on. Only way I can execute short hop. And makes my movements feel more fluid.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
I play with default GC settings, but I pretty much never really use the tap jump unless I'm in a very rare position like Springing OoS out of a poor/cornered position like being trapped against Snake on the edge of BF, when your shield is low.

Tap-jump never really gets in my way though, don't really jump when trying to utilt or tilting my shield up, so never really saw much harm in it :3

Although, tap-jumping for SHUairs or SHFFUairs seems pretty awkward for me :/

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So like I said a few weeks back, I started watching FMA: Brotherhood. It basically poops on the "original?" release of the anime. On episode 44, pretty early into season four. Should be done today. Super hyped

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I hate PM. Sonic doesnt spindash. as in theres no reason to.

and my other favorite character (kirby) isnt in the game yet, so I have no reason to play it.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I hate PM. Sonic doesnt spindash. as in theres no reason to.

and my other favorite character (kirby) isnt in the game yet, so I have no reason to play it.
You kidding? The reason I hate PM Sonic is because all people do is spindash to RAR and then homing attack over and over again.
That and the fact that I found more bugs with the character than the actual developers did, showing they really don't know what the hell they're doing with the character.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
the lack of grounded Spin Shot, SDSC, and iSDR is soooo ******** >.>

for the most part PM Sonic's moveset is ********, I'm okay with his kill moves being faster, but everything else was completely unnecessary, and I'm not so sure the trade off is a good one to trade SpinDash tricks for kill speed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You can ask Mic or Xiivi about my modship issue KID. I'm pretty sure they can give you a better idea. :applejack:
Awhile back, Zero told me that during some circumstance, Sonic's iSDR can beat tornado, but I don't remember the conditions.

Tesh

Smash Hero
When its completely fresh it beats nooby low tornadoes. So basically useless, because its its extremely difficult to follow up against MK so you won't be able to land 9 attack between each iSDR, but its nice to know i guess.

Especially if you just wanna land the first hit and ***** it out.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I think the tornado has to be on the ground or some impractical nonsense like that.

and lol at that late response. I dont even remember what I said about your modship to even prompt that statement.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Tried to get over to a friend's house for Brawl practice... apparently he got put in the ER. Dont really know what's going on with him.

Hence... im still screwed for practice, fml

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Something with his abdominal area/swelling. Apparently they forgot to do a urinalysis/ the visit cost him 2 stacks. He is alright, just short of free time atm

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
:applejack:
Awhile back, Zero told me that during some circumstance, Sonic's iSDR can beat tornado, but I don't remember the conditions.
When its completely fresh it beats nooby low tornadoes. So basically useless, because its its extremely difficult to follow up against MK so you won't be able to land 9 attack between each iSDR, but its nice to know i guess.

Especially if you just wanna land the first hit and ***** it out.
Yes, it does beat low tornados, but it still goes through high ones, and even though it wouldn't hit him, you wouldn't get hit either.

Basically you have to hit him almost as soon as you release the iSDR for it to beat nado.
actually, the timing of the release, charge, or connection doesn't matter, it just has to be a fresh iSDR

I think the tornado has to be on the ground or some impractical nonsense like that.
All in all, the conditions are, fresh iSDR, that's it.

If the Nado isn't low enough for you to hit him, he won't take damage, and neither will you, you also won't stale the iSDR, so it resets to a neutral position, which is fine if you're *****ing out like Tesh mentioned.

In short, you shouldn't be focusing on the iSDR much, but if you can keep your iSDR fresh then you've got a great tool in the fact that you've got a move that guarantees a safe escape regardless of what the opposing MK does.

I also gave a nice list of moves+positioning that you can use on MK as safe follow ups and crap to refresh it, if you *did* care about keeping the iSDR fresh.

Edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14566124&postcount=21377 <--theorycraft on the YI MK MU

Tesh

Smash Hero
All in all, I can't imagine many situations where spindash would be fresh (because soooooo many of our best options involve side b and down b which stale together in all their forms), but its nice to know that. MK in the air would have no options for going through you, but obviously he could just land on the platform (unless its that one part of delfino) and you wont be invincible if you try to get him there.

Its a shame Sonic doesn't have any godly powerful move for breaking stuff on brinstar, we might actually be good there.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
All I want is a quicker downsmash, a quicker backair, and to have better tracking for the homing attack and to be able to act out of a hit confirm or shield block.

All I want for Sonic.

[EDIT]

Oh. And to not be gimped out of Up + B via grab.

Tesh

Smash Hero
up b gimping is fine imo. his recovery is still amazing and you have to get hard read pretty precisely to get gimped that way. I don't really like the absurdly good recoveries like MK/Pit/ROB etc. It leads to alot of stalling abuses.

I think the speed of his moveset is fine too. I think being the fastest character with fast smashes might be too strong. He just needs better functions from his tilts and Dsmash needs to have more uses over Fsmash.

Also, I've said it a million times but nair needs to bounce off of things like Link's Dair. Its a pretty lame move and that would make it pretty cool if it also sent people up when you sweetspot so you could spindash-nair-nair-nair if they don't DI.

Life

Smash Hero
"So, I've met someone who is everything I thought I wanted, and I find that I really just want to kick her in the head." --Roy Greenhilt

Here's to you, PM Sonic. You have a fair spike. You have kill power. You have combos into bair. Your gimps are better. Your Homing Attack is actually good. You can even cancel SDR on the ground by wavedashing (technically you jump first but it's close enough for me). So why do I hate you so much? Is it the lack of chargeable side-B? Do I miss the old fair or nair or dsmash? Or do you just feel weird with the melee gravity? Is it you, or is it me?

It's like Roy said up there. You had everything I thought Sonic needed, and I found I liked you less for it. Why?

Top Bottom