• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Name a Sonic main that's got a more notable win than Mr-R this whole year.

argument formed.

just sayin.
word.

im pretty sure he was the only Sonic in bracket at apex, which was more recent than any exceptional that espy has done...

Hell, Espy tied placings with TESH at his last tournament... why does it seem like im the only one that sees that as a problem.

for the record though. i did take a game off leon... :awesome:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Kid is right... _X_ has the most notable performace this year.

Espy DID do well in Midteirs tho(Whobo)... Espy pretty much has had the best results since Apex. Taking out RYO is PRETTY EFFIN NOTABLE...

Meek is right tho... none of us have actually done ANYTHING IMPRESSIVE SINCE MLG

:sonic:

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I beat Reflex, Chibo, YBM, and Fallen in Mid Tiers too.
I'll see you guys in September if I can afford the internet. My financial situation went into a spiral after WHOBO4.
The feeling that you get when your house doesn't have power is incredibly demoralizing.

To whoever asked by the way, I got de-modded because I'm an irresponsible player who fails to reflect the positive image that the staff desires from the moderators. .

My singles performance was horrendous. I was completely burnt out after my mid tier runs were done, so my drive to play singles afterward was completely shot.

Oh, and MC's the best Wolf, period. :applejack:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont know how some of you define accomplishments, but 'sonic hasnt done anything since MLG' is a little over the line...

if anything, I did make bracket at pound 5... and it was 64 man bracket, instead of that corny 96 man brack Cloud lucked into =P

also, true blue is without the Steak, that is why he will never truly ascend.

Reflex, why does your avatar look like Strawhat Luffy when he has the Afro.

what DID espy place in mid tiers anyway?

p.s. that mod story sounds like a steaming BS load.

but reflex is here now, so I guess im cool with it.
btw, Luis, Im coming to Atlanta next month, ima try to set up something to get you to come to a tournament or something.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Come to think of it, it DOES look like that moment in One Piece, heh.

It's a Pokémon (Colosseum/XD) character named Miror B., an admin for the big bad of the game who is a really silly guy. He likes to dance.

Espy ended up getting third in Mid Tier Singles and third in Mid Tier Doubles (with K Prime, I think).

I'm actually not sure what happened with Espy's modship stuff.

Keep me updated on that trip, and I'd be happy to make something happen.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I thought it was kind of silly for him to keep baiting tornado and then spindashing directly into it anyway. Tornado is MKs only option if he wants a guaranteed win over iSDR and Kakera basically did it every time.

He did pretty well otherwise. He wasn't overly greedy for follow ups either.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Because meek **** on him LOL

Nah cause I was trying to play him before the tourney.

You guys must educate True Blue about Sonic and Steak. Begin that NAO!!!
Nah. I am the lone Sonic that does not follow the path of the Steak, and with that I will find my own way. The True Blue way. And with that the Darkness of Justice will triumph the Light of Evil!! And I will be proclaimed as a high level Sonic player.

I beat Reflex, Chibo, YBM, and Fallen in Mid Tiers too.
I'll see you guys in September if I can afford the internet. My financial situation went into a spiral after WHOBO4.
The feeling that you get when your house doesn't have power is incredibly demoralizing.

To whoever asked by the way, I got de-modded because I'm an irresponsible player who fails to reflect the positive image that the staff desires from the moderators. .

My singles performance was horrendous. I was completely burnt out after my mid tier runs were done, so my drive to play singles afterward was completely shot.

Oh, and MC's the best Wolf, period. :applejack:
That sucks. Hope everything gets better for ya Espy.
And de-modded for that? Irresponsible? How lol. And there is an image for the staff? Never noticed. lol

And agreed Mc is da best wolf. Never had trouble with a wolf until that.

True Blue, hit the B button.
Man you know me, I hit that Homing Attack button everytime and I rarely miss. lol

I dont know how some of you define accomplishments, but 'sonic hasnt done anything since MLG' is a little over the line...

also, true blue is without the Steak, that is why he will never truly ascend.
I haven't defined anything worth accomplishing. Especially my teams in WHOBO4. Even though it was good we still didn't win and I don't count that as an accomplishment.

And how did I start getting involved in all this Steak nonsense and how I suck? Lol seems kinda random.

Edit: Oh wait yea. Ed. Lol that's what I get for typing out half my post then leaving for half a day to finish it.

Life

Smash Hero
Spin. Speed. Steak. Blue.

Long ago, the four Sonic styles lived in harmony. But that all changed when Steak went viral...

Someone finish the reference for me, I can't come up with anything.

True Blue

Smash Lord
And only one man can stop it. This man is True Blue. And he is no ordinary man, for he has the blood of fire running through his veins. And he will burn all the steak to a crisp until harmony returns.

Edit: lol. I have a big ego for such a crappy player lol.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Sad thing is that I don't know either of them that well to get the joke lol.

ON A SIDE NOTE!!!!
Nothing.

Edit: Wait there is something, I am cooler than both of them combined! YEA! lol

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Baitin MKs Tornado... sucks I never thought about that.

Masha's Sonic seems merely average. I jus wwasnt impressed. Maybe its cuz I expected more.

O & Kain is the best Wolf...

True Blue

Smash Lord
Nah. MC is. Makes you feel like Wolf is way high tier lol. And ***** my Sonic on the way back from WHOBO.

And I always side B to bait Tornado's. Best option evah. lol

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Have u played Kain? MC is like the new hot kid on the block... and he def got outplaced by Kain in Whobo reg singles. I can agree w/ him being 2nd... but not 1st.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Idk I will have to see what happened in brackets. Especially cause bracket placement doesnt really say someone is better than the other because they could potentially play only good people first and then the other plays average people first.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Baitin MKs Tornado... sucks I never thought about that.

Masha's Sonic seems merely average. I jus wwasnt impressed. Maybe its cuz I expected more.

O & Kain is the best Wolf...

Japan playstyle is very safe. They never really go for the ballsy flashy plays you see in American top level play. Which is kind of why i laughed at Ayuha saying they are all about mindgames. Its mostly just really safe play. The only time you ever really see anything flashy is MK, because they are so technical and MK can actually do alot of cool stuff and pressure people.

Idk I will have to see what happened in brackets. Especially cause bracket placement doesnt really say someone is better than the other because they could potentially play only good people first and then the other plays average people first.
Hard to argue with results. Obviously people have stuff to say about the seeding, but Mc was a 3rd seed out of pools and Kain was a 1st seed. Then Kain placed 2 spots above him in bracket, when means he beat at least 3-4 more people than Mc did I think.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
How bout we stop worrying about who's the best player of X, Y, or Z, and just ****ing play the game like a real competitive community?
It disturbs me how much Brawl kids talk about being the best this or top 5 that. It's part of what holds the community back imo.

Tesh

Smash Hero
***** its midnight. I'm not gonna play the ****ing game and get better at midnight. Talking theory and nonsense doesn't make you or your community better but NOT talking about it doesn't automatically make you or your community better either.

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
I kinda disagree with wedge. These ideas of top blah blahs can give some players motivation to get better so that maybe one day they could surpass some people on those lists. Or maybe even make them want to learn a match up better in hopes of defeating one of the best players of a certain character. I personally don't see how talking about top players of characters can hold a community back. I'm sure there are reasons tho

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I just feel that whole top 5 thread thing that went on was a waste of time and space that could've been put into something much more helpful to the community. Instead it caused incessant bickering.
I misspoke. It's not really talking about who's top whatever that angers me. It's just the amount of time and effort wasted arguing in a negative fashion. Causes more drama in the community than anything.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
.... my controller is dead :(

Welp, I've had it for over a year, and during that time I've used it for plenty of wifi, offline play, and not brawl games, possibly for at least on an average of 3 hrs a day, can't say I'm surprised that it crapped out on me at WHOBO.

R.I.P. My old GC White Controller

Edit: Time to get a brand new one though! :D

Top Bottom