• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You guys also need to respect that Trela is also an amazing player with a very tricky character with alot of feints with much greater rewards. On smaller stages, its alot harder to even avoid him, especially when he reaches percents where he can kill you with weak hit sex kick aerials. and do massive shield damage and kill with grabs.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
You guys also need to respect that Trela is also an amazing player with a very tricky character with alot of feints with much greater rewards. On smaller stages, its alot harder to even avoid him, especially when he reaches percents where he can kill you with weak hit sex kick aerials. and do massive shield damage and kill with grabs.
Who says I'm not respecting this? Trela is a monster. But these two have played so much and it's painfully apparent that Espy is capable of beating him solidly. He just needs to minimize the amount of unnecessary passive damage he's eating.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's really difficult to micromanage when I should go in and when I shouldn't when the other character straight up beats mine no matter if I'm aggressive or passive. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Not for losing. For getting outplayed.
He wins if he's getting outplayed.

Doesn't that just sound hilarious? :applejack:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yea lol. My friend always told me that he wasn't sure if anyone he played against with Lucario was actually good or not because of the factor Lucario gets better when he is losing lol.

Tesh

Smash Hero
What I find dumb about Aura is that the way percent is factored in is so dumb. If he is at 1 stock and you are at 2 then yes he is "losing" and he can get a buff. But if he is at 150% and you are at 150% on the same stock, why does he get a buff? He isn't losing!!

Thats really what makes him so dumb. When you both reach kill percents, 90% of his moveset kills or sets up for kills too well.

BSP

Smash Legend
I think it's if he's at a "disadvantage", and high % would be one since he can (or at least he should >_>) die easily.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The Lucario in Brawl must have Steadfast. For all the times Sonic fakes him out in a set, it's no wonder he goes so fast from the speed boosts due to flinching.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
True Blue: your shoutout was posted in the FL thread, for your whole community to see, not just us Sonic players. MAD respect.

Anyway, went to a naval ship yard, then an air national guard base. Got a new ID. Got a new cred card expedited to me. Last week of vacation in NH has gone pretty smooth

:phone:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Ay.... I made the post, all I will say about that :p. Also, once I figure out if the Illinois DMV will mail me a license (nope), or I get a new one for SD (ewww), and can drive, i'm buying your gift. So i'll txt u in a few days for a mailing address

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
The Air Force? Yea, I go back to South Dakota tomorrow at 5:30am

Didn't occur, do any Sonic's live close to Boston/Dover or just the NE in general :p

Party foul...

:sonic:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So I was wondering...

What do most of you do to practice. Playing in FL and then consistently being angry with my placing when I travel really forced me to realize: ppl who aren't familiar with the Sonic MU and are decent, will get *****. Play ppl proficient in the MU, who play a LOT, and there is the wall. Not having played since 09 and playing True Blue/Ryo made me see so many glaring holes in my game that really frustrated me. Anything that takes some finger precision was flubbed...

Anyway, I don't even have a wii anymore and do practice Melee about 5 times a week, but plan on putting in a day or 2 of work at a friends house. Suggestions on practicing to be fluid again? Routines or anything?

Ex: in melee, I go inf timer, plug in another controller for a ghost, pick my Falcon and go FD. I practice L cancels for every aeiral X times, then SSFFLs, the Full hop/no FFs, then FHFFLs. Then I practice wavelands, ledgehops, moonwalking. When bored, I go Yoshi's and practice platform cancels/general speed/control with platforms. I can't stomach more than an hr or 2 at a time tho, but it has IMMENSLEY improved my Melee gameplay.

When I think about brawl, I wonder WHAT to practice other than Spring to Dair to (roll,jab, tilt, ect) without Dair lag (something I was flubbing a LOT in FL).

Anyway, thoughts?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I practice my spinshots and shield grabs most of the time. In friendlies I like to get crazy too just to see what works. Platform canceling, all that jazz. Really though I work on my tech skill and it improves my reaction time.

Off topic otherwise, I timed someone out in a tourney for the first time in over a year. ..... I feel so dirty.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Just practice all of your movement options, spinshot, isdj, reverse springs, b reverse Side bs, RARd aerials, auto cancels, throw timings, DACUS.

there isnt much you can practice in brawl by yourself, since its a lot simpler mechanically, and more focused on reading your opponent.

Top Bottom