• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU #6 - Burnaby, BC - April 19/20, 08 - SSB64/SSBM/SSBB

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
I haf like 8 friends who want to come.

But this our first tourney and we all suck ^^.

I'll post again for confirmation.

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
BTW from what I know there is no random stage selction thing. (What stages are on random and what arent) So I suggest for the first match players can agree on a level or flip a coin to see who gets to choose stage first.

Actually, if you get all 41 stages (which I've done ;)) then you get random stage selection mode.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Meh. You already know my thoughts on the stage list so won't go too deep into it, but can we at least get reasons for Pirate Ship and Pokemon Stadium 2? Those seem like weird bans that would work better as counter-pick =o

Metà

Smash Master
Pirate Ship: Water + excess hazards. This is SSBB, not dodgeball

Stadium 2: Hazardous/irritating stage changes. Floaty part extends the match another minute or more, conveyor belt can KO people at the ledge. It might become a counter-pick stage, but nobody likes it, so who cares? Jk, but I really would rather keep it banned.

Rampage

vx
Actually, if you get all 41 stages (which I've done ;)) then you get random stage selection mode.
Wrong. Not only do you have to get all 41 stages but you must get at least 200 KOs in multiplayer

Something I never did since I was online the whole time.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Pirate Ship's hazards are no more excessive than Pictochat's. This is dodgeball. There's a reason "Don't get hit" is such a popular joke ;) The only hazards on the stage are the canonballs which you can see coming from the background and the catapault which comes up for a good second or two before actually firing. I see no reason for water to be banned. It's a new gameplay mechanic.

Floaty part does not extend the match for a minute or more. That's just exaggeration. And what do you mean by conveyer belt KOs on the edge? I'm not entirely sure on that point. Irritating is not a reason for a ban. Brinstar was (and is) also irritating.

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
Wrong. Not only do you have to get all 41 stages but you must get at least 200 KOs in multiplayer

Something I never did since I was online the whole time.
Rly? I thought it's just all stages.

I spent all my time on 1P.

Too many laser campers online Dx.

unityole

Smash Lord
**** this looks pretty big, id like to come
since you would lose money on traveling, I'll mm you in ssb64, say maybe 5 x 4?
plus ive always wanted to play vs a really really good player

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=146622

Lol.

But Metrotown's ONE bus. And I haf no clue whar SFU is!!!111oneone

Just had to make the tourny 29 and 30th, didn't you?
btw this tourney is 19th/20th, of April.. not 29th/30th
29th was originally my date in March for the tourney i was gonna host nextweekend, its 1 day, features all game. I am still too busy with studies.. if I dont finish all my stuff within next 2 days there really is not gonna be any tourney till this tri-smash..

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
for u and my sake, I'll mm in ssb64 you, say maybe 5 x 4? :O if you come

since you would lose load just on travel, it would be fair for you to gain some back xD
well ill talk to my parents about this and see what happens, if confirmed ill need housing(ssb64 housers? lol)

unityole

Smash Lord
well ill talk to my parents about this and see what happens, if confirmed ill need housing(ssb64 housers? lol)
lol, pass out in university right on campus? i do that a lot, usually there are plenty of place to rest here.

other than right on campus, i thought more ppl would rather std, then wait for brawl the next day. but then there r ppl really looking for hotel etc, that u'll have to look it up :/

Metà

Smash Master
Superboom, if you don't want to sleep on a couch in the lounge or go to hotel or something, you could probably stay at my place for a day or two. I have an extra bed, and it's in the basement, so my parents shouldn't mind. Add me on MSN (view my profile) and we can work something out if you're interested.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'll bring 1 Wii + 1 Brawl on Sunday. I don't have Melee at the moment since a friend is borrowing it.

I'll also bring 1 Classic Controller + 1 WiiRemote (so we can start game without sensor bar)

JosephSison

Smash Rookie
I'm down to enter.
AJS - Albert A.
I'll be bringing a Wii remote and a GC controller.
I'll be participating in the SSBB singles, and probably some friendlies.

dingdong

Smash Rookie
I might go to the ssbb tourney if no tests and projects show up. I'll probably only do doubles with Rampage, and friendlies.

Rampage

vx
I might go to the ssbb tourney if no tests and projects show up. I'll probably only do doubles with Rampage, and friendlies.
oh dang, sorry bro I forgot that I'm already teaming with Shermanator >_< Sorry about that :[

Still you should enter brawl singles!

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
Confirm Mat C (me), Ross S (Shermanator) and Kurtis M (Kurtrad) for day 2 only.

Ross will most likely be bringing his TV, as well as his wii and a copy of brawl.

Also, how dare you steal my doubles partner Yakal!

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
I might come if anyone has housing @_@! Don't wanna sleep in my car again xD

Edit: Will bring TV if I'm able to come.

unityole

Smash Lord
I might come if anyone has housing @_@! Don't wanna sleep in my car again xD

Edit: Will bring TV if I'm able to come.

NOOO WAY, sleeping in the car, best **** eva.

btw, i think superboom coming fosho xD

Rampage

vx
Confirm Mat C (me), Ross S (Shermanator) and Kurtis M (Kurtrad) for day 2 only.

Ross will most likely be bringing his TV, as well as his wii and a copy of brawl.

Also, how dare you steal my doubles partner Yakal!
It was an accident. lol C'mon me and ross have to team up this time!

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
I want to show up. Unfortunately, the last week of my co-op work term is right after that, so getting to the mainland for the whole weekend is a bit infeasible (and expensive) for me.

I might show up for one or both days, but that may be it. Now, if the tourney were a week later, I would definitely be up for it. But I don't think I can do anything about that. :p

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
We are confirmed for Day 2. The rest of our crew is unconfirmed but show interest in coming (Matt, Jason, Jamie.) If we get a ride there, we will bring a TV and Wii console.

Top Bottom