• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU #6 - Burnaby, BC - April 19/20, 08 - SSB64/SSBM/SSBB

Z-r0w

Smash Rookie
I'll show you guys i'm gonna start my own tournament and it's gonna be the best and i'll get balloons, and a clown, and a cotton candy machine....ah screw it.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like fun, haven't gone to a tourney in ages. Awesome date, right after exams =)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
He doesn't play SSBM >_>
I didn't say for which game. I **** all games. I'll MM him in anything. Life itself >.>

This is going to be the greatest tournament in BC to date. It's too bad you're missing it...
Easy there. Tournament promotion is one thing. False claims are another. Best tournament in BC ever was PROBABLY an SFU one, granted. You guys got Forward and S-royal. Eric and I have hosted many tournaments with alot of good players from all over the place though.

Sounds like fun, haven't gone to a tourney in ages. Awesome date, right after exams =)
OOH SHIIITTT North Van's back!

unityole

Smash Lord
we should spread the news, so good players will start to show up xD

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Okay I'll enter SSBM/SSBB Singles, and Crews.
But Keith is probably just gonna recruit a bunch of noobs on that day to play with us The Legendary Super Smash Soldiers YEEUHHUHH.

Metà

Smash Master
Thing is, you're not the first Melee player to register for Brawl in place of Melee. I think I might lower the cost of pizza for people who enter Melee, if more people don't sign up.

unityole

Smash Lord
Yeah, Melee bracket should be minimum 16 people. Also, we'll probably do pools for both Melee and 64 singles.
bracket setup is the ideal way of how a tournament should be, but with pool it'll be nice since everyone gets to have more games, and get to play with all the other people

Rampage

vx
I'm sick of swimming in the deep end if you catch my drift. =/

LOL I just hope I don't end up in the same position as last time >_>

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
bracket setup is the ideal way of how a tournament should be, but with pool it'll be nice since everyone gets to have more games, and get to play with all the other people
Pools are the best thing to happen to smash tournaments. It ensures that the best players don't play eachother too early on. Also, what you said Jack.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I did check the schedule. I was just wondering whether they would fit on the same day? Cuz you know for sure a bunch of randoms are going to show up for brawl just so they can play it; it would be nice to have a large melee entrance as well.

Do you know what I mean? Capitalize, in all sense of the word.

unityole

Smash Lord
I did check the schedule. I was just wondering whether they would fit on the same day? Cuz you know for sure a bunch of randoms are going to show up for brawl just so they can play it; it would be nice to have a large melee entrance as well.

Do you know what I mean? Capitalize, in all sense of the word.
uhh?

force those brawlers to enter melee? xD
hint** 64 cough..

Metà

Smash Master
Update: Non-game-freezing infinites are allowed, but using them as stalling maneuvers is banned. Infinites are still freaking gay though, but I respect your right to use them, and I will not think any worse of you if you want to use it.

Tcj

Smash Rookie
Hey Meta, its TREV from the couch today.

Just wondering if there will be any casual SSBB on Apr 20th ^_^?

Im only really interested in friendlys, because this will be my first tournament

Hope to see you again, and to play some more Lucas Didos! lol:)

Rampage

vx
Only 11 confirmed players? Are you serious? this is just crazy. I'll try to get the word out To some of my friend, can't guarantee anything though. .

I hope more people sign up =[

btw evan I'm bringing a Wii + Cube.

The wii for brawl and the Cube for Melee. alright?

Metà

Smash Master
Hey Meta, its TREV from the couch today.

Just wondering if there will be any casual SSBB on Apr 20th ^_^?

Im only really interested in friendlys, because this will be my first tournament

Hope to see you again, and to play some more Lucas Didos! lol:)
Oh hey, cool you got an account! :) Yeah, there will be casual matches, but you should try entering the tournament. You're pretty good, and you'll probably have fun. Own some nubs, possibly make a little money, but even if you don't, it's really fun just to compete.

I look forward to more Lucas dittos, haha

Top Bottom