• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFC1 Results! 1v1, 2v2, Amiibos, Cypress da GOAT

stripheR

Smash Cadet
Funny friendly between me and Dao. Met some new guys and won more matches than I did back when I mained toon link in december lol. great to have a tournament on my side of town for a change.

Krebs I caught you rapping in the background while I recorded this lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aenCqyDO2p0

also I did my first money match and won it 3-0 in a best of 5 :D granted it was only for $2 lol

Only thing I didn't like was the fact that I brought a full setup including adapter, wii u, and my asus 144hz monitor. the full setup was used, and then @ Krebs Krebs would not give me my 5$ venue fee as advertised.

it's the second time I've brought a full setup to a tournament here in houston, and both times the TO didn't uphold their end of the advertised deal. Not sure I will bother in the future, granted I know the setups are still needed.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
While it sucks that you didn't get the venue fee back, keep in mind that it's just an extra incentive. People SHOULD be bringing setups regardless unless they don't want the tourney to end on time. Hell, most tourneys don't even have an incentive, just fyi.

Otherwise, we'd be running a 70+ entrants on 2 setups. Have to make a sacrifice for the greater good sometimes.

YellowRello

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YellowRello
3DS FC
4141-4335-8308
I attribute most of, or at least half of Houston's turnout to Xyro and his TO style. He's one of the reasons I got into the scene and remained. Guarantee it happened for others too. Otherwise I would've been satisfied enjoying this game at home.

Plus I hear all the time people complimenting him for the rules he uses (3 stock specifically) and how he runs it. Even some from the Dallas area. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AvoiD, pls

stripheR

Smash Cadet
While it sucks that you didn't get the venue fee back, keep in mind that it's just an extra incentive. People SHOULD be bringing setups regardless unless they don't want the tourney to end on time. Hell, most tourneys don't even have an incentive, just fyi.

Otherwise, we'd be running a 70+ entrants on 2 setups. Have to make a sacrifice for the greater good sometimes.
yeah I'm aware. I'd just rather nothing extra be advertised, and nothing expected. I likely still would have brought my setup both times, I just wouldn't have had the slight salt after :p

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
salty af I couldn't make it
definetely a good "first" stream for TGS, lots of room for improvement I could get into but I'll get into that later bc I'm sleepy
stay wet krebs lmao
PS for real though don't say p(u)ssy or n(i)gga with kids around, I'm cool with it but not everyone is, like if my mom saw that she'd be like dam RageToast no more tournaments for you lmao
with all the negative out of the way I sur had fun watching it and I'm excited to try and make it out to the next one. I've got a lot of MMs to call out between TGC and this.

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
I went Mac in singles also. Shoutout to Krebs for hosting such a well-organized tournament. Great job man.

F Whispy for taking me into losers then knocking me out of bracket. Lol, you played amazing. Good stuff this tournament.

@ kj22 kj22 Appreciate you teaming with me last second. We should've gone farther than what we actually placed but bs. We've gotta try it out one more time man, you were playing awesome throughout all our games and in singles as well.

@UltimateRazer Always good catching up with you my dude. Think it's time for me to look into someone besides just CF. Good **** taking 2nd. Your Fox coming in nicely.

@Kihrah Put in work brotha. Good to see some underdogs finally being noticed. Gotta give props when I see deserved.

And to the others I played/talked to, it was fun. Great tournament. Looking forward to the next.
LOL my bad dude. your falcon is pretty legit though! good ****.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I attribute most of, or at least half of Houston's turnout to Xyro and his TO style. He's one of the reasons I got into the scene and remained. Guarantee it happened for others too. Otherwise I would've been satisfied enjoying this game at home.

Plus I hear all the time people complimenting him for the rules he uses (3 stock specifically) and how he runs it. Even some from the Dallas area. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is why I am THE BEST

Denti

Smash Master
Dallas actually doesn't care about 3 stock. It's the 7 min and stages like Coliseum, Wii Fit Studios & PS2 (hazard version) that makes them go "whut". Especially the 7 min because it's unavoidable no matter what stage you're on. It seems so slapped on. Like it's trying to prove a point for reasons Allan came up with and stuck with the first 3 weeks that he played this game during the 3DS version.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Dallas actually doesn't care about 3 stock. It's the 7 min and stages like Coliseum, Wii Fit Studios & PS2 (hazard version) that makes them go "whut". Especially the 7 min because it's unavoidable no matter what stage you're on. It seems so slapped on. Like it's trying to prove a point for reasons Allan came up with and stuck with the first 3 weeks that he played this game during the 3DS version.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's called not butchering a game when it's not even a year old.

3 stocks 7min worked for brawl and def works for a faster game (smash 4)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm still waiting for Mario Circuit (Wii U Version) stage to be legal.
You don't know true pain until your character gets pinballed to 200+%. But then again, that's probably why it's banned among other reasons...

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
@ Krebs Krebs The subject matter of that rap was definitely inappropriate. There were young kids there, some with their parents it seemed. One woman looked visibly upset when you were rapping about smoking, drinking and the objectification of women.

This isn't a 21+ tournament held at a bar and it wasn't a house tournament. You arranged an event for people to meet up and play a T rated game that has Tom and Jerry level violence and beach party nudity. Then you go deep into R rated territory blasting offensive lyrics across the entire venue?
Lulz
Lulz x 2.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Alot of us don't like wii fit studio and colliseum either. My main problem with them is they center around the same strategy and force you to use both bans on essentially the same thing. They are as different from each other as omegas and FD or Battlefield and Miiverse. Xyro has his ways set and he doesn't listen to anyone until it blows up in his face. I'd actually sing your praises if you came to a tournament and just walkoff camped Razer or Trela until Xyro actually cared.

On the other subject, I don't see Krebs denying the venue discount when it was brought up unless your setup wasn't needed. Most TOs offer incentive to the first few setups and thats it so that may have been the case.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
the mario stage that transforms is pretty cool. why r u ppl so anti-fun

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If we can have Wii Fit why can't we have Mario Circuit Wii U
#unleashthejank
Hey, at least a Wii Fit Studio teaches you very useful exercise poses to help stay fit. Maybe you should try doing some while you play Smash, you slob.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Funny friendly between me and Dao. Met some new guys and won more matches than I did back when I mained toon link in december lol. great to have a tournament on my side of town for a change.

Krebs I caught you rapping in the background while I recorded this lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aenCqyDO2p0

also I did my first money match and won it 3-0 in a best of 5 :D granted it was only for $2 lol

Only thing I didn't like was the fact that I brought a full setup including adapter, wii u, and my asus 144hz monitor. the full setup was used, and then @ Krebs Krebs would not give me my 5$ venue fee as advertised.

it's the second time I've brought a full setup to a tournament here in houston, and both times the TO didn't uphold their end of the advertised deal. Not sure I will bother in the future, granted I know the setups are still needed.
I'll reimburse you ASAP. Didn't know your setup was used.

Top Bottom