• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seven Deadly Sins Mafia (Mini) - Game Over

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Vote:seal
this was just an rvs thrown at the new guy to see if he bit on it. Obviously didn't happen because all the **** got flung my way after the fact
Ok, let's get down to business, with 7 of us and the theme is seven deadly sins, we all should have a sin flavor. Of which there are:
Pride/Vanity
Envy
Lust
Gluttony
Wrath
Sloth
Greed

Of which Greed and Wrath seem the most likely to be scum flavors, we have no idea who the PR flavors are and I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm assuming the format for this game is 3 VTs, 2 mafs, and 2 town PRs, but I could be wrong. I plan on giving my all this game.
thought on the circumstances kf this a bit more and i like it for fie town. I dont think scum fie would get on a flavor analysis kick
I don't think we gain anything by trying to speculate which of the sins is mafia. In all likelihood it is randomized. Kary would not allow a mafia player to be outed simply by a mass claim.
whyd you put this out if you didnt really velieve it
Wtf fie geez
I use strong words a lot wothout feeling strongly on things. My apologies

Orboknown

Smash Hero
To clarify: not my first game of mafia ever, but my first on these boards. The only thing I might not know is some of the terminology used here.

As there is currently nothing I can provide in my defense, I will drop a vote.

Vote: FireEmblemnier

This is an old tactic that generally served my well in past games. Because he claimed vanilla, there is a 2/3 chance that this is at least an ok vote. If he tells the truth, not a big deal, we only lost a nilla and if he is lying, he is likely mafia. From my experience town roles usually don't publicly claim vanilla on the first day.
wheres the math come from on that 1st day vt claims thing?
He can do basic math. He's attempting to play noobie-er than he actually is. I'm pretty sure he's played mafia before coming to dgames. And his "Zennie would try and take advantage of this as scum" is grimy as well.
what made that grimy

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I believe we have two great leads: orbo and maven.
why maven?
Scratch the "he hasn't been questioning anyone". He has.

#quadruplepostcombo
whos this referring to wrt your previous post?
Saying there's zero chance FE was vt was hasty and dumb. I missed him saying, based on flavor, that he thinks he's the only VT. FE, there's no reason not to and it could easily help your claim if you would tell us your flavor name. Depending on that I think most of us can tell if he's telling the truth or not.

Zenny is on my suspicion list for his blatant riding of Jex's **** for no reason as well as his constant nudge trying to get me to talk more about FE possibly being a PR which is ridiculous and the entire reason I deleted the information, it should be incredibly obvious to everyone what else was there. But Zenny wanted to pretend he didn't see it? I cannot imagine what Zenny thought would be useful there, and I wanted to see how he'd push it and watch him.

But more then that, we can wait until FE posts his flavor name, which he absolutely should
good post

JeXs

Smash Champion
Can you put out some reads after you're done with catching up?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 1:4

[3] Orboknown - Zenny, JeXs, FireEmblemnier
[1] FireEmblemnier - tihs
[1] Seal - Orboknown
[0] JeXs -
[0] tihs -
[0] Maven89 -
[0] Zenny -

[2] Not Voting - Maven89, Seal

with 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch!

Deadline is 2am GMT Saturday 17th January

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Can you put out some reads after you're done with catching up?
In all honesty, seals being kinda wishy and non confrontaional is the best thing i got but i dunno if thats just how he plays
Tihs has like nothing that i can recall liking but nothing i remember disliking
Zen n you n maven are fine, fies likely town
Maven j zen are prolly the shakier of those because zens actually good and mavens not super town yet

Seal

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty, seals being kinda wishy and non confrontaional is the best thing i got but i dunno if thats just how he plays
Yeah, I'm used to playing with different rules. I'm used to private message conversations and claiming with your role PM in the thread being the common way to get info. Still adjusting to these restricted conversation rules.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I would find it surprising if Tihs and Seal are a scum team, but I wouldn't say it's unlikely in any way as the roles are randomized.

I need to read more into Seal before I put a vote on him, though. See if anything shows signs of maf behavior

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
After a couple minutes of reading past pages. One thing I have found interesting is how he read people like myself, he has not assumed anyone as Town or scum, and kept things as null without stating such. Could be a way to go with any vote without great suspicion of why if there was a Town read originally.

A lot of his posts seem to have this 3rd party vibe where he doesn't take an actual side, but rather reiterates both sides, so he can wagon on either if needed to later.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I think he's actually scummy and orbo just seems to be not invested.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I think he's actually scummy and orbo just seems to be not invested.
If this will convince you that I'm not scum, then I'll go for it:

I am (possibly the last) vanilla, gluttony. My flavor tells me that I'm too busy stuffing my face to do anything at night.

I know this isn't solid proof, but if it worked for zenny and FE, it should work for me. I also know that this is probably giving the mafia shot at a PR tonight, but if we take one of them down we can still probably win the game providing neither zenny nor FE are lying.

I also think that orboknown is trying to fly under the radar by saying he is not committed. I'll drop a vote on him for two reasons.

1. Tie up the vote
2. If he is uninterested, we won't lose much and if he is trying to hide, he will be found out.

Vote Orboknown

JeXs

Smash Champion
Orbo never said that he wasn't committed. It's obvious from his posts though.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Orbo never said that he wasn't committed. It's obvious from his posts though.
So you're going to take into account neither the fact that I have decent proof that I'm town OR the fact that you have no reason to believe that I'm scum ANDY leave your vote on without even explaining why you voted me in the first place?

Maven89

Smash Master
I know this isn't solid proof, but if it worked for zenny and FE, it should work for me

I wouldn't say that ANYONE is confirmed/obviously town yet. And voting by activity has never gotten a game anywhere from my experience.
I also think that orboknown is trying to fly under the radar by saying he is not committed. I'll drop a vote on him for two reasons.

1. Tie up the vote
2. If he is uninterested, we won't lose much and if he is trying to hide, he will be found out.

Vote Orboknown
How are these different situations?

JeXs

Smash Champion
So you're going to take into account neither the fact that I have decent proof that I'm town OR the fact that you have no reason to believe that I'm scum ANDY leave your vote on without even explaining why you voted me in the first place?
I don't see any decent proof for you being town. I find your claim to be null. I already said why I think you are scummy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 1:5

[1] Orboknown - Seal
[1] FireEmblemnier - tihs
[2] Seal - Orboknown, JeXs
[0] JeXs -
[0] tihs -
[0] Maven89 -
[0] Zenny -

[3] Not Voting - Maven89, FireEmblemnier, Zenny

with 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch!

Deadline is 2am GMT Saturday 17th January

Seal

Smash Journeyman
How are these different situations?
Due to the fact that my old strategy apparently made me scummy, I've switched. I don't see why the claim works for Zenny/FE, but since everyone seemed to accept it, I went ahead with my claim.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I don't see any decent proof for you being town. I find your claim to be null. I already said why I think you are scummy.
Exactly what I mean. There's no proof for me, yet there is for Zenny and FE?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Personally, I think we should go for either Orbo or tihs, both have a sligtly bigger chance of being scum in my opinion, I rather not lynch Seal immediately after his claim w/o a good reason for it. Yet, I'm not going to toss my suspicion aside.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Due to the fact that my old strategy apparently made me scummy, I've switched. I don't see why the claim works for Zenny/FE, but since everyone seemed to accept it, I went ahead with my claim.
The fact you're doing it because it worked for them to get yourself out of trouble isnt a point in your favor

Maven89

Smash Master
Wait for This or Seal to post more, such as Seal actually coming up with a town/scum reads on everyone or tihs doing anything.

If neither happen then lynch Seal

Maven89

Smash Master
@ Seal Seal : Give us your reads on every individual player. If you weren't on the chopping block today how would your strategy have changed?

@tihs same thing except the last question

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I honestly still don't understand tihs vote on me from pg. 3, hope he can give more insight on why he still thinks I'm a good lynch. Especially, since the post that gave him the conclusion was one advocating not to go lynch me and zenny, which he was agreeing with.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I have very few reads to be honest.
Maven and FE are giving a town feel.

Anyone else I can't really pin.

Personally I wouldn't change my play style.
Read and play carefully usually works well.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Also if tihs is killed for inactivity (or whatever happens) and I am planned to be lynched, let me get a post in before vote hammer please. If I am hammered before I get another chance to post tomorrow, the person hammering me is likely scum.

Top Bottom