• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seven Deadly Sins Mafia (Mini) - Game Over

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any reads as of this point?
The only one who we have any possible good or bad reads for is FE. He may be jealous of other's abilities and not have any (vanilla), but then again, maybe his jealousy makes him want to kill people (scum). It could go either way way.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 1:3

[2] Orboknown - Zenny, JeXs
[1] FireEmblemnier - tihs
[1] Seal - Orboknown
[0] JeXs -
[0] tihs -
[0] Maven89 -
[0] Zenny -

[3] Not Voting - FireEmblemnier, Maven89, Seal

with 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch!

Deadline is 2am GMT Saturday 17th January

JeXs

Smash Champion
Care to explain?
I thought he was sloth.
The only one who we have any possible good or bad reads for is FE. He may be jealous of other's abilities and not have any (vanilla), but then again, maybe his jealousy makes him want to kill people (scum). It could go either way way.
Thoughts on orbo/maven?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I wouldn't say that ANYONE is confirmed/obviously town yet. And voting by activity has never gotten a game anywhere from my experience.

We have 0 leads at the moment. Anyone could be anything and the actions on the thread are not enough for me to be convinced of anything yet.
Lynching someone who hasn't contributed anything and likely will not contribute anything is 100% the best way to go if we do not have a strong lead. Otherwise that player will hold us back if he's town or he will skate by as scum. I think you're just trying to protect Orboknown.
Saying there's zero chance FE was vt was hasty and dumb. I missed him saying, based on flavor, that he thinks he's the only VT. FE, there's no reason not to and it could easily help your claim if you would tell us your flavor name. Depending on that I think most of us can tell if he's telling the truth or not.

Zenny is on my suspicion list for his blatant riding of Jex's **** for no reason as well as his constant nudge trying to get me to talk more about FE possibly being a PR which is ridiculous and the entire reason I deleted the information, it should be incredibly obvious to everyone what else was there. But Zenny wanted to pretend he didn't see it? I cannot imagine what Zenny thought would be useful there, and I wanted to see how he'd push it and watch him.

But more then that, we can wait until FE posts his flavor name, which he absolutely should
If it was obvious then there was no reason for you to confirm it. I still don't see that even without the knowledge of FE claiming he thought he might be the only VT, you came to the conclusion that he was almost certainly not a VT. That made zero sense. And to me indicates the possibility that you are bsing.

Another reason for my comfortably with considering FE was a PR was that it would possibly undo his mistake of claiming in the first place. I was trying to add WIFOM so the scum team wouldn't be sure whether or not he was actually a PR or VT. But you've gone on and made him claim so there goes that.

Maven89

Smash Master
EBWOP: If it was obvious then there was no reason for you NOT to confirm it.

Not true in the slightest, just because something is obvious doesn't mean everyone is going to get it, and there was no reason to spell out the possibility that FE was a PR in case the mafia didn't put thought into it. Yet you kept asking and trying to get it to the forefront of the thread. Why was that? What possible avenues did you see in me expanding on that post?

I still don't see that even without the knowledge of FE claiming he thought he might be the only VT, you came to the conclusion that he was almost certainly not a VT. That made zero sense. And to me indicates the possibility that you are bsing.
You are focusing on the dumbest parts. At the time I 100% did not believe his claim at all and stated as much. I felt there was no logic in him claiming VT, but the idea that he's the only VT would give him a possible reason to think it's good to claim. It makes perfect sense if you were actually serious in looking at it.

Maven89

Smash Master
Jex, what do you think about Zenny saying he'll follow your lead? What do you think of him pushing for more information on the possibility of FE being a town PR?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yet you kept asking and trying to get it to the forefront of the thread. Why was that? What possible avenues did you see in me expanding on that post?
Your answer:
Another reason for my comfort with considering FE was a PR was that it would possibly undo his mistake of claiming in the first place. I was trying to add WIFOM so the scum team wouldn't be sure whether or not he was actually a PR or VT. But you've gone on and made him claim so there goes that.
To me it WAS obvious that he was a VT. I was hoping to make that not so obvious.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The post he made before I unvoted:
It has to do with flavor, and text behind it. So i'm going to keep it confidential for now

I may as well lay it all on the table since you're probably going to continue on this avenue. I wanted to avoid making this game about flavor clearing, but here's your proof:

snip -Read list- snip.
I am envious of that read list.
I am Sloth and have a similar type of flavor for being VT. I'm too lazy to use abilities. When FE stated that he had flavor reasoning for thinking he was the only VT I realized all VTs probably have a flavor reason for why they don't have abilities. This is why I felt JeXs was town and probably a VT, because he picked up on that before anyone. Since I was already sloth, I figured that the sin that probably made FE think that he was the only VT was envy; which I crumbed in the above quote.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Great, now scum has a 3 good leads on who is a VT, (if this info is correct) and with there most likely being only 2 scum, it leaves the 2 assumed Town PRs in the open.

If this is true we have to get a scum lynch correct or we will be at a severe disadvantage, and even then there is high chance of losing one of the PRs.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It may not be so bad though. The point of a PR really is to give is information. Which we now have. We can probably say that scum is between: Orbo, Seal, Maven, and tihs. If scum chooses to kill one of the PRs among that group, then it reduces the pool of players that could be scum. So it's actually their best move to kill a VT.

I personally have a town read currently on Maven. So scum is probably two of Orbo, Seal, and tihs. I think it's Orbo and Seal most likely.

Maven89

Smash Master
Zenny's post removed any suspicion I had, that was a damn good post. Unfortunately I've been rather focused on him and will have to reread and I'm on my phone so won't be able to tonight. Definitely think we should hold off any inactive lynch untill deadline

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So I assume my speculation in flavor is most likely correct.
VTs
Envy
Sloth
Gluttony (makes the most sense as 3rd VT)

Scum
Wrath

Town PR
Lust

Could be either scum or PR
Pride (assuming PR)
Greed (assuming scum)

Do you think it's better to keep everyone else's flavor a secret or have a mass claim? I like the former better for now, but I like to hear what others think.

It also seems more discussion is the best option so rather than have Orbo at L1 I'll
Unvote but I'm keeping an eye on him.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I think Seal is the scummiest player atm. He says the only possible read for him was FE but then continues to say that it could go either way, which amounts to nothing. Orbo is kinda just there for me because he's not doing anything. He also seems to be avoiding talking about others, which is weird given what has been going down. It seems to me like he is paying careful attention to claims.

Fine with lynching either.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Okay, this I'm a lot clearer on your intentions now, Zenny. I don't see how you think I'm trying to protect orboknown however.

The only thing I've been stressing this game is that we have no leads. To be honest, just because a flavor makes sense for a role doesn't mean we can assume that they are vanilla. Most of the flavors just don't fit right for anything I can think of (gluttony, lust, greed, pride) and although the flavor that FE and Zenny CLAIM to be make sense, there is just as great of a chance that they are either not vanilla or not sloth/envy.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I think Seal is the scummiest player atm. He says the only possible read for him was FE but then continues to say that it could go either way, which amounts to nothing. Orbo is kinda just there for me because he's not doing anything. He also seems to be avoiding talking about others, which is weird given what has been going down. It seems to me like he is paying careful attention to claims.

Fine with lynching either.
I see no reason for you to think I'm scum. Since when does playing it safe = scum?

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Also, I'd just like to point out that orbo had the first vote in the day phase and he voted for me. Why would I protect someone who is voting to lynch me? Why would he vote for me if we were both scum?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also, I'd just like to point out that orbo had the first vote in the day phase and he voted for me. Why would I protect someone who is voting to lynch me? Why would he vote for me if we were both scum?
Scum will vote each other to seem normal to Town, heck some plays involve lynching one so the other looks Town most of the game.
Okay, this I'm a lot clearer on your intentions now, Zenny. I don't see how you think I'm trying to protect orboknown however.

The only thing I've been stressing this game is that we have no leads. To be honest, just because a flavor makes sense for a role doesn't mean we can assume that they are vanilla. Most of the flavors just don't fit right for anything I can think of (gluttony, lust, greed, pride) and although the flavor that FE and Zenny CLAIM to be make sense, there is just as great of a chance that they are either not vanilla or not sloth/envy.
The last part of not actually being their claimed flavor is strange, as a lying scum will get in battle with the actual name it's too risky as there aren't really safe flavor claims.

Zenny could be buddying up with me, but I find it really unlikely due to his behavior so far into the game.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Seal are you saying you think there's a fifty fifty chance that zenny and FE made their claim up?
All I've been saying is there isn't enough evidence to convince me of anything.

Scum will vote each other to seem normal to Town, heck some plays involve lynching one so the other looks Town most of the game./quote]

In a game this small that's a pretty terrible idea imo. I've seen it happen in 20+ person games where the mafia has multiple people, but in a two person mafia I doubt it'll cut it.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Ok I messed up that quote. The bottom part of the second quote is my reply to FE. For future reference, is this a situation where editing is ok?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Revoting Orbo nothing has realpy changed but this day is getting nowhere, and with him putting the game on the back burner, we're not going to get a lot out of him now, and I speculate later. Not letting him get away with coasting.

Vote: Orbo

Orboknown

Smash Hero
This is too much **** to bother with when i spend all of ky saturday prepping to go to the field and busting my ass from 830 in the motning to 1030 atnight
Just ****ing lynch me already

tihs

Smash Rookie
@ tihs tihs What do you think of Zenny's claim? Opinions on Orbo, Seal or Maven?
Uhh I'm not too sure about what to think but Zenny's and your posts are believable and they make sense. Orboknown gave up. I don't know Seal's intentions. Maybe it's a little strange to me that Orboknown voted for Seal in the beginning with no explanation.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I really wanted to join this. I wish i joined Smashboards earlier to play this.

Top Bottom