• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seven Deadly Sins Mafia (Mini) - Game Over

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I actually didn't know it was a bad move, because I've seen in other games people claim VT early, without a direct backlash. What I've learned from the games I played so far is that everyone are trying to prove that they're are VTs.

I could honestly see a scum Zennie noticing my screw up and use it against me to get a lynch, though.

I honestly haven't learned everything about what to do and what not to do in mafia, even if I show I do know some stuff.

@ Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier
Why did you speculate about the setup having 3 VTs and then going on to say that you might be the only VT?
I don't think I'm the only vanilla townie, but I have an assumption that other vanillas have some sort of other abilities with them (possibly passive)

Seal

Smash Journeyman
To clarify: not my first game of mafia ever, but my first on these boards. The only thing I might not know is some of the terminology used here.

As there is currently nothing I can provide in my defense, I will drop a vote.

Vote: FireEmblemnier

This is an old tactic that generally served my well in past games. Because he claimed vanilla, there is a 2/3 chance that this is at least an ok vote. If he tells the truth, not a big deal, we only lost a nilla and if he is lying, he is likely mafia. From my experience town roles usually don't publicly claim vanilla on the first day.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I actually didn't know it was a bad move, because I've seen in other games people claim VT early, without a direct backlash. What I've learned from the games I played so far is that everyone are trying to prove that they're are VTs.

I could honestly see a scum Zennie noticing my screw up and use it against me to get a lynch, though.

I honestly haven't learned everything about what to do and what not to do in mafia, even if I show I do know some stuff.

I don't think I'm the only vanilla townie, but I have an assumption that other vanillas have some sort of other abilities with them (possibly passive)
Other vanillas do not have abilities. That wording is standard information in a mafia role PM.

The thing about your claim is that I've seen how thorough you are in analyzing things. I think you could easily reason that if the Vanillas claim, then scum can determine who the PRs are. You seemed to be quite aware of this in Gorf's Grass vs Weeds mini.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
And I think that is an overreaction. And I think it is falsely constructed. In other words, you're scum.

Tell me, what makes you think he should know better?
Because I've played a few games with him.granted kary claimed vt like d1 of d1 in ryus game but fie was scum there and played around it and i think he'd lnow enough to not do it

JeXs

Smash Champion
Vanilla townies are townies with no power in any form. Why do you have that assumption?
@ Xivii Xivii
I can kinda see why he claimed VT now... even though it wasn't the greatest idea to. He probably saw Kary do it in the other game and is doing the same thing now. Do you still think he's scum? I'm quite confused by him. I can see why he claimed VT but I don't understand why he's having the assumption that he might be the only one without any ability.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Because I've played a few games with him.granted kary claimed vt like d1 of d1 in ryus game but fie was scum there and played around it and i think he'd lnow enough to not do it
Do you not trust him?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vanilla townies are townies with no power in any form. Why do you have that assumption?
@ Xivii Xivii
I can kinda see why he claimed VT now... even though it wasn't the greatest idea to. He probably saw Kary do it in the other game and is doing the same thing now. Do you still think he's scum? I'm quite confused by him. I can see why he claimed VT but I don't understand why he's having the assumption that he might be the only one without any ability.
He can do basic math. He's attempting to play noobie-er than he actually is. I'm pretty sure he's played mafia before coming to dgames. And his "Zennie would try and take advantage of this as scum" is grimy as well.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Os that to me jex?
Yes.
He can do basic math. He's attempting to play noobie-er than he actually is. I'm pretty sure he's played mafia before coming to dgames. And his "Zennie would try and take advantage of this as scum" is grimy as well.
Give me a sec. Reading gorf's grass and weeds mafia.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
@ Xivii Xivii
It has to do with flavor, and text behind it. So i'm going to keep it confidential for now
Other vanillas do not have abilities. That wording is standard information in a mafia role PM.

The thing about your claim is that I've seen how thorough you are in analyzing things. I think you could easily reason that if the Vanillas claim, then scum can determine who the PRs are. You seemed to be quite aware of this in Gorf's Grass vs Weeds mini.
Yeah, I would say it was because I was a Doctor in that game, knowing how important it was to stay hidden, but as a VT, this game I didn't know the exact repercussions behind claiming, not thinking before typing on my part.

Before DGames, the only experience I had with Mafia was the game Town of Salem.

Anyways, it's rather late for me, so I'm going to get some rest, could be the weariness of the day getting to me.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hmm well I guess I can see why you thought that. I always think you're scummy anyways lol.

Unvote; Vote: Orboknown

JeXs

Smash Champion
He confuses me as well lol. From what I saw in gorf's mafia, he was playing in the background for majority of Day 1, but that's likely because he was the doctor. From his play here, I have a town lean. While I am still confused by him assuming that he's the only one without power, it seems that he's basing that off of flavor, which I can kinda see why.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 1:1

[1] Orboknown - Zenny
[0] FireEmblemnier -
[1] Seal - Orboknown
[0] JeXs -
[1] tihs - Seal
[0] Maven89 -
[0] Zenny -

[4] Not Voting - FireEmblemnier, JeXs, tihs, Maven89

with 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch!

Deadline is 2am GMT Saturday 17th January

JeXs

Smash Champion
You have to bold your vote.

What did he say about zenny made sense to you? The line where he said a scum zenny could have noticed his screw up?

tihs

Smash Rookie
You have to bold your vote.

What did he say about zenny made sense to you? The line where he said a scum zenny could have noticed his screw up?
Edited. Yeah that.

JeXs

Smash Champion
You can't edit your posts. It's against the rules. You can make any changes you need to through double posting and using EBWOP, which is edit by way of post.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm not a 100% on the Zenny thing, though. Just a thought to keep in mind, if he has scummier behavior later.

JeXs, what is your opinion on the players so far in the game?

Maven89

Smash Master
Ok, so this probably isn't the best thing to post, but I don't see why not

About FireEmblem: I've played two games with him, and I've seen enough to believe he would know better then to roleclaim vt right at the start. He says he saw Kary do it, but in that game Kary drew a lot of suspicion to himself for it and it turned out he was lying the whole time, so I really do not understand why he'd point to that. I do believe he's new enough to try that as scum, but I find it hard to believe he would try it without bringing it up in the scum topic, who I'd assume would veto it. Maybe not. I think there's almost zero chance he's VT but there's not enough to say if he's scum.

Zenny why are you clinging to Jex?

Maven89

Smash Master
Well damn. I initially went into more thoughts of FE's claim but deleted it, but unfortunately left the top line by mistake. So ignore it in relation to the rest of my post

JeXs

Smash Champion
I'm not a 100% on the Zenny thing, though. Just a thought to keep in mind, if he has scummier behavior later.

JeXs, what is your opinion on the players so far in the game?
You're a town lean as said previously. Orbo is a scum lean, don't really understand him tbh. Mostly nulls for the rest.
vote maven

JeXs

Smash Champion
Well damn. I initially went into more thoughts of FE's claim but deleted it, but unfortunately left the top line by mistake. So ignore it in relation to the rest of my post
Wait, was the top line what I quoted?

JeXs

Smash Champion
Oh. unvote
What do you think of FE saying that he thinks he might be the only VT due to flavor?

Maven89

Smash Master
I think that means if he is telling the truth then what his role name is should be clear, other then that I'm not really sure.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I find it hard to believe he would try it without bringing it up in the scum topic who I'd assume would veto it.
I don't see why you'd make this assumption. There's nothing to suggest this. It kind of feels to me like you're just making up a reason not to call him scum.

Zenny why are you clinging to Jex?
Ya mean why am I willing to trail him on FE. Because he offers a fresher perspective of FE than me. His perception of him is also indicative of his alignment.

Maven89

Smash Master
I don't see why you'd make this assumption. There's nothing to suggest this. It kind of feels to me like you're just making up a reason not to call him scum.
Because it's really dumb, a really dumb move, and I can't imagine many people ok'ing it.

I
Ya mean why am I willing to trail him on FE. Because he offers a fresher perspective of FE than me. His perception of him is also indicative of his alignment.
His perception of him doesn't rely on you trailing him, and it's odd for you to go "I'll follow you" on Jex's read on FE when you should have no knowledge of Jex's alignment. That's a blatant attempt to buddy up.

Top Bottom