• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Setting up the controller

Mitchyvy

Smash Rookie
I recently bought a mayflash adapter that says "MAYFLASH GC Controller Adapter" on the top, it has the mayflash logo on the upper right. I plugged it in a downloaded zadig, but when I hit options, list all devices, the option for WUP-028 does not appear. I am wondering if this is the adapter or something i did. The switch on the back is flipped to PC and both cables are plugged in.

GhostM

Phantom
If it’s the Mayflash Adapter, I believe you must set the switch on the back to Wii U instead of PC. The Mayflash Adapter follows similar instructions to the Official WiiU GameCube Controller Adapter. After that, you should be able to see WUP-028 after hitting “list all devices”.

Once you get the driver working, for Mayflash Adapters, you must configure it in the controller menu by assigning the controller to “Standard Controller” in the options based on what port your controller is plugged into. Hit configure and you should see your Mayflash adapter in the device box, but select it in the box if it doesn’t pop up. After that, just hit refresh and test it out in the game to see if it works or not.

Mitchyvy

Smash Rookie
If it’s the Mayflash Adapter, I believe you must set the switch on the back to Wii U instead of PC. The Mayflash Adapter follows similar instructions to the Official WiiU GameCube Controller Adapter. After that, you should be able to see WUP-028 after hitting “list all devices”.

Once you get the driver working, for Mayflash Adapters, you must configure it in the controller menu by assigning the controller to “Standard Controller” in the options based on what port your controller is plugged into. Hit configure and you should see your Mayflash adapter in the device box, but select it in the box if it doesn’t pop up. After that, just hit refresh and test it out in the game to see if it works or not.
YEP, that did it, thanks man

Top Bottom