• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Serris' Custom Song Packs - Pack 1 (Version 2) Released!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Serris' Custom Song Packs

Now that the dream of replacing in-game music with files from your SD card has finally become a reality, I've decided to put together packs of custom BRSTMs I've made to release to the community. I'll release more packs on a weekly basis, and I'll do requests if two or more people suggest the same song. (The MP3 will have to be provided to me. I'm not going to waste my time searching for it.)

Keep in mind that I am not an expert when it comes to audio editing. I looped the audio as best I could, and in most cases, it sounds natural, but some songs may loop in a strange manner.

With that said:

Custom Song Pack 1

(Graphic by Xane.)

Battle! Champion Lance/Trainer Red ( Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal )*
[PREVIEW]

Battle! Gym Leader/Elite Four ( Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum )**
[PREVIEW]

Battle! Rival Brendan/Rival May ( Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald )**
[PREVIEW]

"Call of Darkness" Dark Samus/Hell's Gate Fusion Remix ( Metroid Prime 2: Echoes / Call of Duty: World at War )***
[PREVIEW]

Chykka Larva ( Metroid Prime 2: Echoes )
[PREVIEW]

"Let's Brawl" Menu 1 Remix ( Super Smash Bros. Brawl )****
[PREVIEW]

Magmoor Caverns ( Metroid Prime )
[PREVIEW]

Space Pirate Battle Theme Fusion Remix ( Metroid Prime trilogy )***
[PREVIEW]

* - By Fairuzons of Newgrounds.
** - By PokeRemixStudio of YouTube.
*** - By panmandan of YouTube.
**** - By Tonindo of Newgrounds

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I have the Emperor Ing 1st boss fight in .brstm form if you would like to add that to the pack. Can't say if it's the best quality I could get it, but it loops just fine and its loud enough.

I was also planning on putting Magmoor Caverns on Norfair. I'd have to listen to the file first before deciding if I should use it or make my own.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Serris, may I suggest renaming the .brstm files to the actual names of the songs, then informing downloaders to change the song file to a proper name once downloaded? This way they get to choose what songs they want replaced. This also prevents unintentional overwrites of custom songs they may already have in place. For example, I already have a custom song replacing D07.brstm. Now I gotta figure out which song is which, then find a new spot for it. Would definitely be more convenient to leave that part up to the people downloading the files.

Edit - Just gave a listen to both Metroid songs. Chykka-Larva loops just a bit too soon. I know since I've listened to the track on my MP3 many times.

I just realized I may need to give one more test to Magmoor Caverns. I am sure that Chykka-Larva isn't fully complete since the very last part of the song is missing, but I should give Magmoor one more listen on Brawl just to be perfectly sure of its quality.

I'll revise this comment once more after giving it a proper hearing.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Serris, may I suggest renaming the .brstm files to the actual names of the songs, then informing downloaders to change the song file to a proper name once downloaded? This way they get to choose what songs they want replaced. This also prevents unintentional overwrites of custom songs they may already have in place. For example, I already have a custom song replacing D07.brstm. Now I gotta figure out which song is which, then find a new spot for it. Would definitely be more convenient to leave that part up to the people downloading the files.

Edit - Just gave a listen to both Metroid songs. Chykka-Larva loops just a bit too soon. I know since I've listened to the track on my MP3 many times.

I just realized I may need to give one more test to Magmoor Caverns. I am sure that Chykka-Larva isn't fully complete since the very last part of the song is missing, but I should give Magmoor one more listen on Brawl just to be perfectly sure of its quality.

I'll revise this comment once more after giving it a proper hearing.
I cut Chykka Larva at the point where the song started to repeat itself. If it doesn't sound right, I'm not sure what the problem is. As for Magmoor Caverns, I know the looping sounds off, but that's because the beginning part of the song fades in. For filenames, you're right. I'll update this pack with different filenames and maybe a few new songs.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I cut Chykka Larva at the point where the song started to repeat itself. If it doesn't sound right, I'm not sure what the problem is. As for Magmoor Caverns, I know the looping sounds off, but that's because the beginning part of the song fades in. For filenames, you're right. I'll update this pack with different filenames and maybe a few new songs.
The last chords of the song are practically identical to the start of the song, but it actually plays out just a little longer and also has this odd distortion effect just before the song officially loops back to the start. You gotta listen to a version of it on headphones or you may not detect it. I'm totally positive on this though.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
The last chords of the song are practically identical to the start of the song, but it actually plays out just a little longer and also has this odd distortion effect just before the song officially loops back to the start. You gotta listen to a version of it on headphones or you may not detect it. I'm totally positive on this though.
I'm not planning on updating the pack for the rest of today, but I'll take a look at that, tomorrow. I'd like to get your opinion on the rest of the conversions, too.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Aside from those two songs I've already talked about, I'm not sure if I would be of help. Don't really know how the other songs should play out. =/
Not even the Space Pirate theme? o_O

Oh, yeah. Just thought I'd let you guys know I'm open to suggestions for future releases.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Well after listening to them, all I can say about the remixed themes is to use your best judgment on those as they're not really loop friendly. I would just let the song fade and try to has as little silence as possible at the start of the song and after the fade out. I have some songs like that I'm planning to put in my Brawl game. It really isn't that bad that they don't loop as long as the silent gap is small enough not to distract.

Just listened to the extended Space Pirates theme. It's been looped on its own, so it's just a matter of finding a point where it can loop seamlessly. Definitely easier than those other remixed songs.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
If you could upload your songs individually, I'd be glad to add them to my topic :-)

By the way, Chykka Larva and Magmoor Caverns have already been already been perfectly made into brstms by Moosehunter, well perfectly ripped from their original sources on the disks. I won't be adding those to the list since they're already perfectly done.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Um if nobody's mentioned this, the rival battle theme from R/S has a loud static sound after like 30 seconds. It's too bad cause it sounded really good at first.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Um if nobody's mentioned this, the rival battle theme from R/S has a loud static sound after like 30 seconds. It's too bad cause it sounded really good at first.
Are you sure about this? I didn't encounter a problem like that when I tested it on my Wii. Also, update in the near-future. I'm gathering songs for the next pack, right now.

Top Bottom