• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seriously, I've been gone for 3 years, and no one uses Bonewalking still?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Real talk. I saw some recent footage of Brawl Peaches (particularly Dark.Pch getting a pretty nice win, congrats bro!). The metagame seems to have evolved along the lines we were heading on when I left, particularly with regards to the MK matchup, except...

I have yet to see a single Peach utilize a Bonewalk since I quit playing.

Guys, it's not that hard. I've picked up harder techniques in Project M and Melee over the last few months. Why doesn't anyone Bonewalk? It's a *huge* advantage to Peach's spacing.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Yami and Crow are two good Peaches that I know bonewalk a lot off the top of my head.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
been practicing coz there's a large tourney in a couple weeks. haven't touched the game for like a year before last week only to find that i can bonewalk fairly consistently lol.

also, the ledge invul float tricksies that kie uses are so amazing. excited

Real talk. I saw some recent footage of Brawl Peaches (particularly Dark.Pch getting a pretty nice win, congrats bro!). The metagame seems to have evolved along the lines we were heading on when I left, particularly with regards to the MK matchup, except...

I have yet to see a single Peach utilize a Bonewalk since I quit playing.

Guys, it's not that hard. I've picked up harder techniques in Project M and Melee over the last few months. Why doesn't anyone Bonewalk? It's a *huge* advantage to Peach's spacing.
I actually have to see someone use it well first. I cannot see what match-ups it would be great to use in.

Last edited:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I actually have to see someone use it well first. I cannot see what match-ups it would be great to use in.
It's really good in any matchup turnips are good in. It lets you pull a turnip while retreating. I think it's actually most effective against Metaknight than anyone, and probably Marth second Both characters are usually too fast for you to get much space to pull turnips.

Deckete

Smash Cadet
I used to use when I move the C-Stick for B-Stick. But at the moment I'm using C-Stick and it is very difficult for me to use bonewalking with down + b. Terrible. --'

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
so went to a tourney. i did ok, had to leave early. but yeah...slayerz is pretty much the truth right now lol

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
If anyone is struggling with Bone Walking, hova(?) came up with a good way of doing it.

Try doing the Fox Trot/Turnip pull and actual Bone Walk separately - input the Fox Trot, Turnip Pull, allow the left stick to go back to neutral and then push the left stick left/right.

You won't cover as much ground during the Bone Walk as you would if you just slide the left stick diagonally from down to left/right but it does mean you're more likely to actually perform a Bone Walk rather than just Fox Trotting into nothing or Turnip Pulling without actually moving.

Top Bottom