• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Series Symbol Separation?

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Hey all. I recently replaced some stages, specifically the Sei-An City over Onett and Wily's Castle over Jungle Japes. The good news is that they still work, but now the stage series symbol/logo was replaced for all of the original stages' series. So now every instance of the Earthbound symbol is now an Okami, and so on. The series name however is not affected

Is there a specific way to make it so that the changes to one stage does not affect others? Like separate the series from each other or something? I'm looking through BrawlStageManager but am too technically illiterate to know what to change. Thanks!

Sandfall

Stage Designer
As you may have noticed, rather than having a series icon for every stage, multiple stages are mapped to a single icon. What you want to do is replace an icon that is only mapped to a single stage (such as Flat Zone or Skyworld's Icon).
In Brawl Stage Manager, there's a button in the bottom right-hand corner labeled "Modify PAT0 Mapping"
Click that and select the icon you want to replace. Since Hanenbow's icon is not used in Project M, I'd replace that one for at least one of your stages (MenSelchrMark.23).

Oh, also, where did you get that Okami Series icon? I've been meaning to add that icon to my build for some time now.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
I tried and ending up saving the symbols as new "MenSelmapMark" (I'm assuming not the same butI couldn't select the icon like you said and there wasn't an add MelSelchrMark). I did so without naming them anything special (so like "Okami Logo") and mapped the stage to that, and that seemed to work without anything crashing. So...problem solved I guess?

Also, the Okami stage is in this build: http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-red-version-by-winterkirby-version-2-0-released.352609/
You'd have to open it up in the Manager and export it from there.

WinterKirby

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1947 5087 1303
Here's the symbol for Okami:

Also, in Vanilla PM, Hanenbow's icon is changed to be LoZ instead. If you map over that one like I did, you have to make sure you assign Skyloft to have the other LoZ icon.

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I tried and ending up saving the symbols as new "MenSelmapMark" (I'm assuming not the same butI couldn't select the icon like you said and there wasn't an add MelSelchrMark). I did so without naming them anything special (so like "Okami Logo") and mapped the stage to that, and that seemed to work without anything crashing. So...problem solved I guess?

Also, the Okami stage is in this build: http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-red-version-by-winterkirby-version-2-0-released.352609/
You'd have to open it up in the Manager and export it from there.
The reason recommended using an existing icon is because you usually have to be careful as to not go over the filesize limit for sc_selmap_en (especially if you're using the stage expansion code). If it didn't crash though, you're in the clear.

Thanks for the icon!

Also, in Vanilla PM, Hanenbow's icon is changed to be LoZ instead. If you map over that one like I did, you have to make sure you assign Skyloft to have the other LoZ icon.
I usually mess around with the stage expansion template for my build so I didn't know that :p Thanks for the heads up

Last edited:

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a full list of which stages "share" a series icon?

Top Bottom