• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Serbs play smash too...

SerbianVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
StevoNaLevo
Hello all!

My name is Stevan, and for obvious reasons I have given myself the name SerbianVillager (hopefully you all know where Serbia is by now, and NO, I don't mean Siberia). Believe it or not I didn't know this forum existed until Smash Bros. for Wii U came out. I told myself a few months ago I wanted to get into the competitive scene once this game came out, so I started googling about competitive smash and wouldn't you know it -- this site was the first hit.

Long story short, I'm your classic "The best out of your group of friends player" ever since smash 64. However, i'm not that naive, and I know i'm sub par when it comes to playing competitively, i've seen videos, and quite frankly i'm terrified. But i'm here because I would love to learn, and I will be scavenging the forums for new info and hopefully get to know some great people who love to smash as much as I do! If there is anyone that would be up for practicing with me online (or locally, if you're in the Chicago area), I would definitely be grateful.

Looking to play competitively in Smash 4 for Wii U (possibly 3ds), and I will be maining Villager and Sonic

Could definitely use a mentor for Villager, as I really want to kill it with him.

-Stevan

Last edited:

ZackTheGreat

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZackTheGreat
3DS FC
4227-2410-9609
Hello! I'm sure the lack of the greeting is just because of timing of Smash for Wii U coming out and everyone who usually greets playing the game. Feel free to hunt around on the forums, mostly in the character discussion board for tips on improving your play.

I would also recommend seeing where the closest smash tournament/get together is located near to you and playing with them! Trust me, reading and practicing the basics is all well and good, but other people are the best asset to get better with. I used to think I was a legendary Pikachu for a while, but I'm really just a scrub looking to learn, lol.

Anyways, welcome to the boards!

SerbianVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
StevoNaLevo
Very true, didn't really consider that, I was just looking to get a good start to this community, and to see if anyone who was in my area is on here. Online practice is not the same as local of course, what with all the lag. But yes I've been poking around, learning the basics, the dictionary, etc. and have found the villager discussion forum, which is perfect. The tournaments will have to wait, because I'm actually leaving the country for a month on Friday

Thanks for the welcome!

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
welcome to the boards~:148:

Check out here to find out if there's a scene in your area
http://smashboards.com/forums/regional-zones.89/
For online matches try here
3DS
and here
WiiU
Also check out the respective character boards for your mains and you'll be sure to find really helpful tips on those characters!
Smash 4
Project M
Melee
Forum Games is great place to waste some time
Before you post please check out the Global Rules.
If you need any assistance I'll be glad to help, just tag or PM me!

Top Bottom