• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Sept 3, 2016] [Smash 64] Flaoc 20: Back to School (A&C Games, 452 Spadina Ave)

[Sept 3, 2016] [Smash 64] Flaoc 20: Back to School (A&C Games, 452 Spadina Ave)
Posted by VanillaRin
A&C Games, 452 Spadina Ave, Toronto ON
Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

VanillaRin

Smash Rookie

With special thanks to Preston

#20: Back to School

Summers Ending
DETAILS

Date:
Saturday September 17th, 2016
Cost: $5 venue fee
$5 for Smash 64 singles
$5 per person ($10 per team) for Smash 64 doubles

• Explanation: The Venue Fee is the price we collectively pay to rent A&C's space, you give this money to the A&C employees when you walk in. The singles/doubles fee is what goes into the pot for the tournament winners, you give this money to the actual tournament organizers (me) when we open registration.
Schedule:
Venue opens: 12:00 pm
Registration opens: 1:00 pm
Doubles registration closes: 2:00 pm
Doubles starts: 2:15 pm
Singles registration closes: 3:00 pm
Singles starts: 3:30 pm
Venue closes: 9:00 pm

You can play friendlies at any time that TVs are not being used for tournament matches. If you would like to set up another smash game, please wait until top 8.

Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1726541700944578/

WHAT SHOULD I BRING?

• A controller. All players are advised to bring their own controllers. Sometimes there are spares, but there is no guarantee that there will be enough. A & C Games will also lend you a controller for $5.
    • A Smash 64 cartridge. It's fine if you don't have one to bring. But we always need extras to make sure we have enough setups. Assume that we don't have enough, and bring yours. Don't bring N64 consoles or TVs unless specified at a later date, the venue provides those for us.
    • If you provide equipment, please make sure it has your name on it somewhere. A & C Games can provide masking tape if you need it. We will not accept unlabeled equipment.
    • Cash. I do not accept entry into singles or doubles with anything other than physical cash. No debit or credit. Make sure you have enough on you beforehand! And make sure you pay venue fee before attempting to join the tournament.
    • Your friends. The more people that show up, the more matches everyone gets to play!

WHAT ARE THE RULES? (BRACKET FORMAT, GAMEPLAY, CONDUCT)

General Rules

• All sets are best-of-3 games. Finals (Top 3) are best-of-5, in pro and amateur brackets.
    • If any game results in a tie or sudden death, both players will play a 1 stock match (3 minute timer in Brawl) to determine the winner.
    • DETAILED INFO ON BRACKET AND PAYOUTS (this is boring stuff so skip this section unless you really care about how I structure things)
      • Any singles event with 32 entrants or more will have qualifier pools, a pro bracket, and an amateur bracket.
      • Any singles event with 8 to 31 players will be a straight double elimination bracket.
      • Any singles event with 7 players or less will be round robin.
      • Any singles event with 8 to 20 people inclusive will have tiebreaker pools. (That means if we have 32+ people who are divided up into pro and amateur bracket, a decision for tiebreaker pools will be made separately for each bracket.) 21 entrants or more will mean no tiebreakers.
      • Any doubles event with 5 teams or less will be round robin.
      • Any doubles event with 6 teams or more will be straight double elimination.
      • Any singles or doubles event with 5 entrants/teams or less will have winner-takes-all payout.
      • Any singles or doubles event with 6 to 9 entrants/teams or less will have 70-30 payout (no prize for 3rd).
      • Any singles or doubles event with 10 or more entrants will have 60-30-10 payout.

• Players may request a "button check" before beginning their set. (Start up on any stage to test out your buttons and make sure your controller is working properly, then exit the game, and start your set for real)
    • If one player believes their opponent is purposely counterpicking their character on the select screen before the start of the first game, a Double Blind Pick may be requested. (Both players tell a TO their preferred character in private, and the TO will select for them.)
    • If a player pauses mid-match, the opponent has the right to force the pauser to forfeit a stock if desired. Disputes will be decided by a TO.
    • Do not coach for longer than 30 seconds.
    • Please ask a TO first before leaving the venue for food, smoke breaks, etc if you have any matches coming up. If we don't know where you are when your match comes up, you run the risk of being disqualified.
    • If you are going to be late, you can try to contact a TO at your own risk (I don't check my phone during doubles), but you will NOT be allowed into the bracket if you show up after it has been seeded already. Don't take the gamble, plan ahead and arrive on time.
    • Please try not to disrupt tournament matches. If you need to ask a TO something, please wait until a break between games to ask.
    • No alcohol in the venue, keep it in your bag.
    • Please clean up after yourselves and throw your garbage out.
Singles + Doubles Gameplay Rules - Modified Apex 2014 Ruleset

• 5 Stocks, no items, all characters legal, 1v1.
    • All tournament sets start on Dream Land. (However, if both players agree to it, another stage may be used. This includes stages only accessible via Gameshark.)
    • The loser of the previous game chooses the stage for the next game. The stage may be Dream Land, Peach's Castle, Kongo Jungle, or Hyrule Castle. (However, if both players agree to it, another stage may be used. This includes stages only accessible via Gameshark.)
    • There are no stage bans. DSR and DMSR are NOT in effect.
    • In doubles, people who use special controllers may only team together provided there are enough adapters for everyone to use in the event that 3 or more of them face each other.
    • If a player uses Dark DK, Dark Samus, or Dark Captain Falcon on Kongo Jungle, the opponent may request the player to change colour. The request must be honoured if made before any damage is dealt by either player.

WILL THIS BE STREAMED? WHO CAN COMMENTATE?

https://www.twitch.tv/vanillarin

Anyone is allowed to commentate. However, for the sake of commentary quality, newer commentators should be paired with experienced commentators, and experienced commentators get priority. Please talk to the stream manager if you would like to commentate.

If you are leaving the commentary station, please find someone to replace you. I do not want gaps where we have no commentators.

Swearing is permitted on commentary, but please try not to be too excessive.

I'M HUNGRY! WHERE CAN I EAT?

There is a Burger King and a Popeye's and a Mr. Sub across the street for starters. You can find all kinds of food around here since it's in the middle of downtown Toronto. There is also a new Smoke's Poutinerie across Spadina and College.

WHERE CAN I FIND MORE EVENTS LIKE THIS?

Bookmark http://ontario-smash.com to find Facebook groups for your preferred games there.

VanillaRin

Smash Rookie
Just as a reminder Flaoc does not take place tomorrow! It had to be reschedule do to a emergency on my end. So it had to be moved to September 17th sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

Top Bottom