• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Where's the Melee? A Smash weekly held by the JTCC Melee group

Where's the Melee? A Smash weekly held by the JTCC Melee group
Posted by ReimuHakureiTV
Battlegrounds
Monday, October 3, 2016 - 06:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 - 12:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ReimuHakureiTV

Smash Rookie
NNID
ReimuHakureiTV
Registration starts at 6:00 pm. Doubles starts at 7:15 PM, and Singles starts at 8:00 PM or whenever Doubles ends if running past that time. If there are only a few doubles entrants (Less than 8 teams) we will run round robin instead of bracket. Feel free to bring extra setups (the store has a few spare tvs laying around but only one full store setup is there at a time)

Payout is as follows:
Less than 8 entrants:
80% for 1st
20% for 2nd

8 entrants or more:
60% for 1st
30% for 2nd
10% for 3rd

Rules: 4 Stock, 8 minutes. Stage striking is 1-2-1 format.
Sets are 2 out of 3 games until top 6, which then become 3 out of 5. No stage bans in 3 out of 5 sets. You cannot counter-pick to a stage that you have already won on in the set unless agreed on by both/all players.

Players play RPS at the start of each set. Winner gets to decide on controller port or stage striking first.

Winner of game 1 bans a stage, then loser counter-picks a stage. Winner then has the choice to change character, then loser can counter-pick character. This is repeated until the winner of the set is decided. (No stage bans in 3 out of 5)

Players can only play on the following stages. All other stages are banned UNLESS both/all players agree to go to a banned stage. (Gentlemen's rule)

Starter stages:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams (Singles only/Banned in Doubles)
Final Destination
Battlefield
Dreamland
Pokémon Stadium (Doubles only)

Counterpick stages:
Pokémon Stadium (Singles only)
Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles only/Banned in Singles)

Melee Singles: $2 Entry
Melee Doubles: $2 Entry per person
Venue: No venue fee thanks to our gracious hosts at Battlegrounds, but we encourage everyone to support the venue anyway by at least buying snacks or drinks from the front counter

The tournament organizers (Myself included) do not carry change on us. However the front desk usually has change, and there is an ATM machine in the Billiards place next door to the venue if need be.

Swiftfeet16

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm interested in going, but I'm unsure when I'm gonna be able to go. I'll try when I have an open day. There definitely needs to be a bigger community out here in the chesterfield area because I'm getting tired of playing netplay and Cpus.

ReimuHakureiTV

Smash Rookie
NNID
ReimuHakureiTV
How many people normally show up to this tournament?
Sorry for the late reply. We normally get between 12-16 people regularly for singles. Doubles doesn't have as much interest, but we still get enough to at least hold a round robin. Though lately we've been barely getting enough to host a bracket for those.

Yamin4

Smash Rookie
Oh rly? Wow! At this current time I am unable to attend on Mondays however in the future I may be able to start attending.

ReimuHakureiTV

Smash Rookie
NNID
ReimuHakureiTV
As a quick update, there will not be a tournament this coming Monday due to Labor Day holiday.

There also might or might not be talk between us and our current venue about starting up a monthly as well. (In which case the entry fee would be higher, and we would have to charge a venue fee.) I'll post more about this as I get more information.

Brendan A

Smash Cadet
As a quick update, there will not be a tournament this coming Monday due to Labor Day holiday.

There also might or might not be talk between us and our current venue about starting up a monthly as well. (In which case the entry fee would be higher, and we would have to charge a venue fee.) I'll post more about this as I get more information.
Well whenever you decide to post a other tournament i will fly to virginia beat everyone with ease and become the "Where's the melee?" Champion. :)

ReimuHakureiTV

Smash Rookie
NNID
ReimuHakureiTV
Well whenever you decide to post a other tournament i will fly to virginia beat everyone with ease and become the "Where's the melee?" Champion. :)
lol good luck with that. Redd's been coming to our tournaments recently, and is involved in the planning for our upcoming monthly. You're welcome to come over here and try though~

Brendan A

Smash Cadet
lol good luck with that. Redd's been coming to our tournaments recently, and is involved in the planning for our upcoming monthly. You're welcome to come over here and try though~
Hmm... I guess i will let this "Redd" guy take my 1st place spot for this tournament... For now :warioc:

Top Bottom