• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Sep 5, 2015] rootfest (Wyoming, MI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
I'm more looking forwards to friendlies than the actual tournament, but I'll still be entering it. And I don't even want to imagine how hard I would get rekt if I played lordy round one :p

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Don't worry too much - with PM Pools being at this, there isn't going to be a 'Round 1 vs. Lordy' experience. However, you may end up in his pool, but honestly everyone is gonna end up with a heavy hitter in their pool! And man, this tournament looks like it's gonna be bigger than previous ones. There's gonna be a lot of friendlies to go around!

lain

Smash Master
i think it COULD be hype since maybe since you CAN enjoy a field where, as you mentioned before, getting matched up r1 vs lordy won't happen! sure there's still great people there but it opens up the option to play different people and maybe get into WSF or WF. HELL, WIN :0 #THEDREAM

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
I have basically no idea how I am compared to anyone else actually. But I'm probably gonna get last, I can't even beat a couple of kids at my school... I'm just hoping to have fun and improve while I'm there.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Feel free to ask questions and play as many people as you can, especially people better than you.

If you really wanna have fun, talk some **** then throw money on the table :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Honestly, yeah, if you're looking to get good, just watch The Smash Brothers documentary, and skip to KoreanDJ's part. Take a moment and listen to the reasoning there. He'd go up to top players and demand their attention with money matches, learning their habits and play as they made sure to try against him, because money was on the table.

Money matches are a great way to learn the habits and playstyles of elite players.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Great Lakes Smash is pleased to announce MITTEN IV, a $10 Project M and Melee tournament! This time we're located at the 28th Street Showplace in Wyoming, MI with plenty of space for setups. This event is looking to be one of the biggest of the Fall, so mark your calendars!

Preregistration link should be up later today or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom