• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Sep 5, 2015] rootfest (Wyoming, MI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deafy

Aspiring Deaf Semi-Pro Smasher
Ace Tuner and I couldn't make it and good luck to everyone whom is competing in the tournament!

PS: Is there a live stream link for this?

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Sorry I didn't make it. I came down with the flu the night before (I figured none of you wanted to share it with me) I will try to make it next month.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
idk man, that flu 4 stocked me so bad. I tried to make it to the bathroom to vomit on time but it even edgeguarded me.

FrivolousShara

Smash Rookie
I will hopefully be in attendance, and if I go I will be bringing some veerryy worthy opponents with me.
I fight with a Wii remote + nunchuk though, can't use it for this tournament, huh? o.O

lordhelmet

Smash Master
This time around, yes.

Pools at 5:30? Looks like I'm in. What do you think about running dubs? We could replace pools with dubs.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
This time around, yes.

Pools at 5:30? Looks like I'm in. What do you think about running dubs? We could replace pools with dubs.
Depends on interest. I have no qualms against doing dubs instead of pools since we'll probably have a smaller turnout this month.

Tesla_Coil

Smash Cadet
Just to confirm... this is on Friday, April 25th? I know it says that in the thread title, but in the OP April 26th is listed as the date

Deafy

Aspiring Deaf Semi-Pro Smasher
West Michigan presents the second iteration of the rootfest monthly series!
rootfest 7 in March was the largest Project M tournament in West Michigan's history. April unfortunately will not feature Melee, but big things are in store for May...

Hungry for more MI tournament action in April? Check out:
The PWN Series 2
Rudefest: Half-Baked

Time and Place
April 25, 2014
Battlefront Gaming
4560 Bowen Blvd, Ste F
Kentwood, MI 49508

Entry Information
$5 venue fee
$5 ~Project M singles (pools)
$10 per team ~Project M doubles (if we have time)

Schedule
4pm Venue Opens
5:30pm Project M Pools
7:00pm Project M Bracket
lololol doubles halfway through pools???

WE NEED SETUPS!!! Your $5 venue fee is WAIVED if you bring a full setup (TV, Gamecube/Wii with Melee/PM 3.02 FULL)

Rules
[collapse=General Rules]- Players who fail to report to their match within 5 minutes of it being announced will lose their first game of the match. After 10 minutes without reporting to their match, players will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.
- Bracket matches take priority over friendlies and money matches. The TO reserves the right to prematurely end any match.
- Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
- Wireless controllers are discouraged due to interference and unreliability.
- Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
- Any hacks or mods applied to a setup may be inspected by a TO, who reserves the right to have those hacks disabled if they are deemed inappropriate for tournament play.[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee and Project M Rules]- Items set to OFF and NONE.
- 4 stock, 8:00 timer. (exception: 99:00 timer if you're feeling frisky)
- Friendly Fire ON (doubles).
- Sets are played best two out of three games, with all Semi-Finals and Finals matches being played best three of five.
- Gentleman's Clause - Players may play on any stage if agreed on by all players.
- If a game times out, the winner is determined by stock, and then percentage. If both stock and percentage are the same, the game should be replayed in full.
- If Sudden Death occurs at the end of the game, play a one stock, three minute game with the same characters and stage.

Playing a Set
1. Best of one Rock Paper Scissors for port priority if requested.
2. Double Blind character selection if requested.
3. Highest port priority strikes first.
4. Strike order:
Melee: 1-2-2-1
Project M: 1-2-2-1-1-2

[Play Game]
5. Winner bans stages. Bans may be reapplied per game.
6. Winner selects character.
7. Loser selects character and stage.
8. Repeat steps 5-8 until set is complete.

Melee Specific Rules
- Wobbling is allowed.
- Bans: Winner may ban one stage per game.
- Dave's Stupid Rule - Players may not counterpick any stage that they won on. This excludes Random.

Project M Specific Rules
- Input assist OFF.
- Bans: Winner may ban 3 stages per game in singles, and 4 stages per game in doubles.
- DSR Modified - Players may not counterpick to the last stage that they won on. This excludes Random.[/collapse]

Stages
[collapse=Melee Stages]- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams** (singles starter)
- Pokemon Stadium** (doubles starter, singles counterpick only)
- Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles counterpick only)[/collapse]
[collapse=Project M Singles Stages]Starter
- Yoshi's Story
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Smashville
- Dreamland
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick
- Dracula's Castle
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- WarioWare
- Lylat Cruise
- Green Hill Zone
- Skyloft
- Skyworld[/collapse]
[collapse=Project M Doubles Stages]Starter
- Yoshi's Story
- Battlefield
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Final Destination
- Smashville
- Dreamland
- Distant Planet

Counterpick
- Norfair
- Dracula's Castle
- Rumble Falls
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Lylat Cruise
- Skyloft
- Skyworld
- Green Hill Zone
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Fountain of Dreams[/collapse]

TO Contact Info
root: PM Arcalyth on Smashboards
Arcalyth on Skype

I'll bring my full set up!

GREAT TOURNAMENT CHRISTOPHER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bN9UQdr1Gk

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
NExT WEeKEND HYYYPE!!!

I want to see everybody at this. West MI locals are so much more fun than East MI locals.

Get ****ing called out East Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom