• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Sep 5, 2015] Mashfest! Summer FGC Tournament Ft. Smash 4 MKX, USF4 and More!... (Chicago, IL)

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty

Ignite Gaming Lounge is proud to announce Mashfest Fighting Game tournament. We're bringing Chicago’s best players under one roof to kickstart Labor Day Weekend. Mashfest will be featuring today's hottest fighting games including Smash 4 and Mortal Kombat X!

Bring your fight stick, bring your A-game and get ready to button mash.

For full event line up and event registrations visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mashfest-tickets-17912043404

------------

---TENTATIVE SCHEDULE---

11 AM - Doors Open
12PM - Sm4sh Doubles
2 PM - USF4
3:30 PM - UNIEL & Mortal Kombat X
3 PM - Smash 4 Singles & Side Events (Will be announced soon!)
Sometime in between 5-6 PM - Raffles
6 PM - UMvC3 & Guilty Gear Xrd

---Rules for Each game---

General

Cronus and Titan One adapters are banned (known to cause hardware issues within consoles)
Rapid-fire and macros outside of the game’s menus are banned

Pausing mid-match causes you to forfeit one game to the opponent (competitor’s discretion) Pause will be disabled for Smash 4.

All players are expected to show the utmost respect and sportsmanlike conduct to all competitors.

---Super Smash Bros. 4 (Played on Wii U)---

Smash 4 General Rules:

-2 stock, 6 minutes will be used for singles. 3 stock 8 minutes for all doubles matches

-Custom Fighters set to OFF

-Miis are LEGAL. Miis can be made right before a set if the set needed is not already available. Miis must be made using GUEST MIIS A-F. No other mii will be allowed. You must label the mii on creation in the 4 number format to show what moveset your mii is using (ex: 2122 for a mii fighter). All movesets for miis can be selected, but equipment is BANNED.

-Uploads from 3ds are BANNED

-Amiibos are BANNED

-All sets will be best of 3. Finals will be best of 5
-Use of glitches causing the game to crash intentionally will result in being disqualified.

-Excessive stalling prior to match will result in a warning. DQs given out at T.O. discretion after the first warning.

-Inform a T.O. or pool captain if you are going to be playing a different game. When your match is called, you will have 10 minutes before you are disqualified.

-Coaching is limited to 1 minute in between games. Anything longer runs the risk of both the coach and player receiving warnings. After the first warning, the player may be subject to a loss of game.

-SD clause: If a match ends with a bowsercide or Ganon’s Flame Choke, the win will go to the initiator of the move.

Smash 4 Controllers:

-Allowed Controllers: Gamecube controller, Pro Controller, Wii mote, 3ds, Wii mote (and all wii mote attachments).

-GAMEPADS ARE BANNED.

-Bring your own controller. Controllers ARE NOT PROVIDED

Smash 4 Stages

-Starter Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Town & City

-Counterpick Stage: Duck Hunt

-First stage is selected by banning in a 1-2-1 order. Rock Paper Scissors can be played to decide who bans first. Winner of RPS decides if they ban first or second.
After the banning process begins for game 1, both players are character locked.

-Second game and after, the winner of game 1 gets ban. Loser selects from the remaining stages.

-NO BANS IN A BEST OF 5

-You may NOT bring your opponent to a stage you have banned

-DSR is ON

-Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played if both players agree to it. (includes banned stages)

-Omega clause: If selecting FD as your counterpick, you can instead select any omega. If FD is banned, Omegas are banned as well.

-FD alternative: If game 1 would start on Final Destination, players may instead request to go to omega palutena’s temple. THIS REQUEST CANNOT BE DENIED. The same clause affects game 2 and on, but the counterpicking player selects the omega.

--Mortal Kombat X (Played on PlayStation 4)--

Best 2 out of 3 until Finals which will be best 3 out of 5
Random Stage
Winner is character and style locked
Interrupting another match by failure to desync your controller to console results in a warning
3 warnings will result in a disqualification

--Ultra Street Fighter IV (Played on Xbox 360)--

No edition select
Winner is character locked
Random stage
Winner may change ultra
Under Night In-Birth Exe:late (Played on PlayStation 3)
Random stage

--Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Played on Xbox 360)--
Entire tournament will be best 3 out of 5
Random stage
Winner is team and assist locked
No Galactus
Multiple of the same character on a team is not allowed

--Guilty Gear Xrd (Played on PlayStation 3)--

Random stage

--FAQs--

Q:What will my pre-registration get me?

A: A discounted venue fee, expedited check-in at the event, and enter you into our raffle for SteelSeries gear and other great prizes. On top of all that, you're helping us at Ignite out to ensure a quick and efficently run event.

Q: The game I want to enter isn't one of the options, what about side games? Do I still need to purchase a venue fee?

A: Side games are being run by community members, and Ignite will not be handling those registrations. You will need to be ready to register for those on-site (cash only). If you plan on only entering side games, or only playing casuals, you still need to buy a venue fee.

Q: Is there a spectator fee?

A: No. If you do not plan on playing in tournaments or in casuals, you do not have to pay a venue fee.

Q: How much does it cost if I don't pre-register?

A: The venue fee at the door will increase to $15 the day of the event. Registration will cut-off Thursday, September 3rd at 11:59pm.

Q: What if I win? What are the payouts for the games?

A: For all of the games being run, the top 3 placers will be paid. For 1st/2nd/3rd the payout will be 60% / 25% / 15% of the prize pot, respectively.

Q: Are there any pot bonuses?

A: We'll be announcing pot bonuses soon! Be on the look out!

Q: Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?

A: There is no age limit to the venue, but you may be asked for ID if you have pre-registered.

Q: What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?

A: There is a parking lot right in front of Ignite, additionally all of street parking is free and unpermitted around the entire neighborhood. Ignite is also accessible via the Blue line or the Belmont or California buses via the CTA.

Q: What should I bring to the event?

A: Besides yourself and your printable Eventbrite ticket, you are expected to bring your own controller that will work for the system that the game will be played on. If you do not have that, they will be available for rent at the venue, but with a limited selection.

Q: Is there room for casual play?

A: Yes. As long as the setups aren't being used for tournament play, they are open for casuals from 11am - 9pm

Q: Can I bring food? Is there food available?

A: Yes, you can both bring food in from outside, and you will be able to purchase food at Ignite. We have a snack bar that offers sandwiches, smoothies, snacks, drinks, and more.

Q: Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?

A: You can do the following:
Post a comment on the Facebook page for the event
Post a comment on the @Chicago Smash 4 https://www.facebook.com/groups/717465861667368/ or Facebook page for the Chicago Fighting Game Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChicagoFightingGameCommunity/

Or email info@ignitegaming.com

Q: Can I update my registration information?
A: Yes, get in contact with us and we can update that information.

Q: Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?

A: Yes.

Q: What is the refund policy?

A: If you want to request a refund, you will need to do so before the sales for pre-registration ends.

Q: The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?

A: As long as you have the printed ticket, that is fine.

Last edited:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Proud to announce that Mashfest! will have a $500 pot bonus for Smash 4 Singles and Doubles! All you smashers attending this event, you better tell your friends and spread the word!

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Hey Smashers. Just wanted to update you all on the new Stage list Chicago will be adopting for the time being. Mashfest will be one of the first major Sm4sh events to adopt it.

------
The Starters will be; Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Town and city, and Lylat.

The only counterpick is Duckhunt.
------

So no Delfino, Castle Siege, and Halberd this event!

Remember to pre-register to dodge $15 venue fee at the door and to participate in the raffle events!

darkphantomrick

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darkphantomrick
3DS FC
3566-1986-4378
Are sign ups for the tournament at the day of the event?

Last edited:

Doomsday

Smash Rookie
NNID
Doomsday_the_New
So, approximately how many people are going? Also where is it specificallyspecifically, is it near suburbs or in the city? I would love to go.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
We
So, approximately how many people are going? Also where is it specificallyspecifically, is it near suburbs or in the city? I would love to go.
We're unsure of attendance since most register as the event date closes in. But you can check out the attendance list on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/events/724406491038862/

It's definitely in the city. The address is in this main post :) Come!

Doomsday

Smash Rookie
NNID
Doomsday_the_New
Me and my friend should be there, as this should be my first "big" tournament. It will be hype.

darkphantomrick

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darkphantomrick
3DS FC
3566-1986-4378
Is there a limit to how many people can join a tournament? If so when do sign ups start for singles tournament? I'm planning on going to the singles tournament and I just want to ensure that I get a spot. :)
Also will it be streamed? o3o

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Is there a limit to how many people can join a tournament? If so when do sign ups start for singles tournament? I'm planning on going to the singles tournament and I just want to ensure that I get a spot. :)
Also will it be streamed? o3o
There's no limit :) And yes, Steel series is sponsoring us and we are streaming on their twitch page.

Swordlegacy

Smash Apprentice
Wait so if we go to the tournament on September 5th, can we register on that same day to participate in it or do we have to register before the day of the tournament?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Wait so if we go to the tournament on September 5th, can we register on that same day to participate in it or do we have to register before the day of the tournament?
You can register day of but the price raises a bit. I hope you don't mind the 15 dollar venue instead of 10 if you're unable to pay online.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty

Hey Guys, our Sponsor, Steel Series is giving away a couple of Siberia Gaming Headsets at Mashfest during the raffle event.

You can only be eligible if you pre-register before this Saturday! So get on that so you might have some cool gear!

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Friendly Reminder about the schedule for this weekend.

---
11 AM - Doors Open
12PM - Sm4sh Doubles
2 PM - USF4
3 PM - Smash 4 Singles & Side Events
3:30 PM - UNIEL & Mortal Kombat X
Sometime in between 5-6 PM - Raffles
6 PM - UMvC3 & Guilty Gear Xrd
---

On Site Sign ups will cut off an hour before Smash 4 singles. 30 minutes before Doubles. You can show up on time of any event if you've already pre-registered. (Just another reason to pre-register if you wanna sleep in. ;) )

If you plan to register the day of, please keep this in mind and be on time. Especially Smash 4 singles. See you all this weekend!

Top Bottom