• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sep 27, 2014] The Shape Of Melee To Come 5 Feat Mango, Armada, and More! (Kirtland, OH)

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman

The Shape Of Melee To Come 5
Nothing Has Changed

A Quarterly Super Smash Bros Melee Tournament
presented by Coffeemug

PRE REGISTRATION IS LIVE
you must pre-register to compete

http://gdlent.com/register/

September 27th
Lakeland Community College Gym
7700 Clocktower Dr,
Kirtland, OH 44094

Venue Fee: 10$ (will raise to 15$ later)
Singles: 10$
Doubles: 20$/team

Contact Info:
TO: Josh Lozar (Coffeemug) @themoshlozar
https://www.facebook.com/thejoshlozar
thejoshlozar@gmail.com
thejoshlozar.com

Relevant Links:
Northeast Ohio / Pittsburgh Facebook Group
NEOH/PGH Youtube Channel

[collapse=Rules:]
Stage Strike for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First person strikes one stage.
2. Second person strikes the next two stages.
3. First person strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle

•Dave's Stupid Rule: You can not go back to any stage you've already won on unless agreed upon with opponent
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
•ganon banned
•no ledgehopping

[/Collapse]

Schedule (subject to change):
8:30 AM Registration and Venue Opens
11:30 AM-12 PM Doubles bracket starts
3:00 PM Singles Pools (2 Waves)
7 PM Singles bracket starts
7:30 Amateur Bracket (dependent on time)

Payout (depending on entrants):
<16 entrants:
70/30%

17-32 entrants:
55/30/15%

33-64 entrants:
50/25/15/10%

65-128 entrants:
45/20/15/10/5/5%

129+ entrants:
40/20/15/10/5/5/2.5/2.5%

Setups:
Venue fee is 10$ for everyone in attendance. If you just play friendlies, venue still applies to you. A full melee set up will not waive that fee but it will enter you into giveaways and probably net you an awesome takeaway. A set up is a CRT TV and either Gamecube/Wii with Melee.

Food:
Will update soon. Melt and chipotle are in the area I believe.

Parking:
Will provide an infographic at a later update. Close, free parking is available. Drop off location will be detailed.

LOTS MORE DETAILS TO COME

Last edited:

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully gonna be able to make this, I need to play this game more

yo free ice climbers

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Probably not going to be able to make it since I was scheduled Saturday, but I'll see what I can do. Really wish this was posted sooner :/

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
YO GUYS THIS IS HAPPENING AGAIN. so come. September 14th

if this date doesn't work we can do the 28th

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Yo guys, we got some updates, this is definitely going to happen, the venue will be confirmed by the end of the week. in the mean time, fill out the form at http://shapeofmelee.tumblr.com/ to help with registration, setup supply and head count for venue size.

Should be another awesome tourney.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I just update this thread every time so everyone subscribed gets notified, also cuts down on creating useless threads

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
nice. If these start to get bigger though, you'll wanna start making new threads.
for some reason, everyone in NEOH seems to have stopped using smashboards though lol

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
I know, I never see anyone on these, it's all in the group haha.

Also, tourney update tonight. Venue, Sched, etc.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
NEOH is so dead and I'm not helping omfg

I seriously cannot remember how long it has been since I've come to Smashboards.

I haven't quit though, I'm just going dormant as I await Smash 4 and develop Project M skills.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
there's definitely not enough time to have anything besides melee :/ if shape 4 goes as planned we can have much more.

Suyon

Smash Lord
NEOH is so dead and I'm not helping omfg

I seriously cannot remember how long it has been since I've come to Smashboards.
Of course it's dead. No one even tries to revive it. Lots of people left NEOH which is probably the biggest reason why it's dead and only active during "breaks." Some of the brawl players just play melee most of the times now in their own weeklies, alongside with Project M. Not to mention the facebook group for NEOH was closed until I told them to make it open today since other brawl players don't even know it exists lol. You've also disappeared from the NEOH Brawl boards as well.

Get Low

Smash Ace
Of course it's dead. No one even tries to revive it. Lots of people left NEOH which is probably the biggest reason why it's dead and only active during "breaks." Some of the brawl players just play melee most of the times now in their own weeklies, alongside with Project M. Not to mention the facebook group for NEOH was closed until I told them to make it open today since other brawl players don't even know it exists lol. You've also disappeared from the NEOH Brawl boards as well.
Looooool, I hosted a Brawl tournament a year ago right in the heart of NEOH, and I'm pretty sure that me and Hari were the only Ohio kids there, besides KB and Shugo. There were more players from Michigan, Pennsylvania AND Kentucky respectively than Ohio kids.

R.I.P. NEOH Brawl.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Looooool, I hosted a Brawl tournament a year ago right in the heart of NEOH, and I'm pretty sure that me and Hari were the only Ohio kids there, besides KB and Shugo. There were more players from Michigan, Pennsylvania AND Kentucky respectively than Ohio kids.

R.I.P. NEOH Brawl.
I was probably out of town or something or I was in my I hate smash period. Anyways I rarely see you guys on the NEOH boards anyways not that it matters since it's dead. Also the NEOH Brawl facebook is now open https://www.facebook.com/groups/394969410583084/
I'm done discussing about this since this is about a Melee tournament event. Just go to the NEOH thread if want to continue discussing.

Top Bottom