• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North GCLSmash 2

GCLSmash 2
Posted by murdey
The Mullica Hill Branch of the Gloucester County Library System
Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 04:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

murdey

Smash Rookie
let me know if I'm missing any needed information.

This will be the second annual Smash 4 tournament at the Gloucester county library in Mullica Hill. Entry will be FREE and prizes will consist of gift cards supplied by the library (This due to the library not approving of a prize pool....it's a shame)

On the bright side, every entrant will receive one slice of pizza and we will provide drinks courtesy of funding by the library

Prizes are tentative but this is what we're looking at right now

1st place singles - $50 Amazon Gift Card
2nd place singles - $20 Amazon Gift Card
3rd place singles - $10(15?) Amazon Gift Card

1st place doubles - $20 Amazon gift card for each teammate
DOUBLES WILL ONLY HAPPEN IF THERE IS TIME, IF SINGLES RUNS SMOOTHLY, THERE SHOULD BE NO ISSUES

These are tentative and second and third place may be replaced with game stop gift cards.

We already have 5 setups but could use up to ten so please contact me if you are able to bring a setup (Console, copy of smash 4, AC adapter, HDMI cable, Monitor, Gamecube controller adapter)

Depending on the turnout we will likely have two separate tournamets, one for 13 and under and one for "adults", I will be the TO for the adult bracket and a library employee and/or a volunteer will TO the junior one

The rules are also tentative but are likely to stay how they are now:

SINGLES:

2 stock 6 minutes
Double Elimination
Customs off
Items off
No equipment
Mii fighters are allowed with 1111 and the mii must use the system mii fighters A-F
No Bad Manners (TOs have the right to disqualify someone for bad manners or purposeful distractions).
Sets are best 2 out of 3 and depending on how efficiently the tournament runs, we will attempt to run semifinals best 3 out of 5

Stage Rules
Neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Town and City, Smashville, and Dreamland
*Omega Palutena's Temple can be used in place of Final Destination (banning FD also bans Omegas)

Every game 1 will be struck down from this set of stages

Dave's stupid rule is NOT used (winners CAN pick a stage they have won on as long as it has not been struck by the opponent).

Stage selection and bans are chosen by rock paper scissors (RPS).
The winner of RPS begins by banning one stage, the loser of RPS then bans 2 and the winner bans one neutral stage and picks the remaining.

After each following game, the winner bans ONE stage and the loser may pick from the other 4 stages

Players can gentleman any stage. (this means both players must agree to play on a stage)

Stage selection and bans are chosen by rock paper scissors (RPS).

Character Changes
After the stage is chosen the winner of game one may change their character and then the loser of game one may change their character.
This process repeats for the following games.

Pauses
If someone pauses the person that did not pause may tell the person who paused to lose a stock. This is at the player's discretion.

DOUBLES:
3 stocks.
8 minutes.
Team attack is on.
Sharing stocks is allowed.
If the clock expires and the total number of stocks of each team is equal, use the sum of the final percentage of the players on each team as the tiebreaker; whichever team has a lower sum wins.

Stage Rules:

Neutral stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Town and City, Smashville, and Dreamland

Counterpick stages: Duck Hunt and Lylat Cruise

Striking is done the same as singles with one representitive from each team

Character counterpicking is done as stated above, the winning team must change characters before the losing team and after the stage has been chosen.

Registration will begin at 10 but I don't have an exact time for the commencement of singles YET. I was thinking 10:30 but if some people can't make it until 11:00 it can be done.

Please contact me with any questions or if you can provide a setup.

Top Bottom