• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 15, 2015] Smash @ Xanadu Smash Wii U Weeklies (Baltimore, MD)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero

PRESENTS:

Xanadu Smash for Wii U Weeklies, every tuesday night!

"You never know who's going to show up...literally" Featuring special guests every week!

Previous OoR guests include: HugS, Westballz, James, The Wall, KJH, Kage the Warrior, Sethlon, D1, K9, DJ Nintendo, Alukard, Lazarond, Rat, ESAM, Mew2King, ZeRo, Xzax, Keitaro, Nakat, MattDotZeb, Mafia, Westballz, Vinnie, Nairo, Gunblade, The Moon, False and many others!

Location: Xanadu Games (thread has the address info! If Baltimore doesn't work as the city address, try using Halethorpe or Arbutus. This really isn't within "Baltimore" per se.) Should be easy to find. It is in the southwest corner of Baltimore, right by the UPS depot. Xanadu is the premiere spot for Smash in MD/VA and always has the #1 smash livestream in the world, VGBootcamp each and every week streaming the action.

Games: Smash for Wii U

Schedule:

3pm Venue Opens/Signups open at front register
7:30pm Smash for Wii U Singles Begins

Join the S@X group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashAtXanadu/

Calendar of games:

Mondays- Project M
Tuesdays- Smash for Wii U
Wednesdays- Melee/64

Prices:

$5 Venue fee (First 6 Wii U's get a venue waiver at the end of the night)
$5 Entry for Smash for Wii U

Rules: These rules apply to all events, specific events below. If you have any questions about the rules, please ask up front rather than waiting till after a match to ask. It could be too late!

General Gameplay:

- 2 Stock
- 6 min stock timer

- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, we prefer using the G&W Hammer method to determine who gets to choose.
- You may switch controller ports on your counterpick only.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller). I recommend having a spare, just in case. If you don't have one, I might have a few for sale.
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it (unless for valid interruption at T.O's discretion).
- For a match ending in sudden death, please refer to the tie break section of the rules below.

- Coaching mid-match is banned. Don't do it.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
- ALL sets are best 2 of 3 games, INCLUDING the finals. T.O. reserves the right to make the switch to Bo5 WF/LF/GF.
- 1 stage ban on your counterpick, bans do not persist between matches.
- Customization is banned
- Wii U Gamepads/3DS/2DS are not a legal controller for use.
- Legal Mii Sets: Mii Fighter MUST use 1132, Mii Gunner MUST use 3111, Mii Swordsman MUST use 1332. These mii's must be the default mii's provided with the console, which are a default height and weight.

- Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu, Lucas, Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin are all legal in tournament play. All consoles must contain these characters.

Set Procedure:

1. Character selection
2. Stage strike 1-2-1

3. Play Game 1
4. Winning player announces ban stage (2 bans for PM) for the set
5. Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
6. Winner of previous match chooses characters
7. Loser of previous match chooses characters
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game.

Tie Breaking:

Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.

1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent. If the % were tied or the match ended in a simultaneous death, proceed to step 2.
2. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the round. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 3.
3. A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.

Conduct Rules:

- No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted (no altering characters to look like master chief, no reversing the ice climbers colors, etc.)
- Drugs/Alcohol are banned from Xanadu. Don't let me see any, smell any, etc. We'll send you home packing.
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.'s discretion.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
- TTL Rule: You must register for the event in person, on-time. Once the registration deadline is closed, no further entries will be permitted. Do not try to call me in advance to hold the bracket.

- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, "agreeing to split", etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, banning of said players from stream matches and a potential 1 event suspension at the T.O's discretion.

Stage rules:

- Smash for Wii U Starter Stages

Smashville
Battlefield
Palutena's Temple (Omega)
Town and City

Lylat Cruise

- Smash for Wii U Counterpick Stages (1 stage ban)

Duck Hunt
Dream Land 64

Miiverse *
Final Destination/Any Omega Stage (except Pyrosphere) *

*Note: If Battlefield is banned in the stage selection process, miiverse is also banned
*Note: If Palutena's Temple Omega Form is banned, FD/Omegas are banned also.
*Note: When a stage is banned, it's omega form is also banned.

Prize Payouts:

< 32 Entrants

1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Between 33-96 entrants

1st: 48%
2nd: 24%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

97 and above

1st: 46%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 12%
4th: 8%
5th: 4% each
7th: 2% each

Food Nearby:

All within close proximity is Wawa, Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's. There is also a pizza place that delivers that everyone is extremely fond off, as well as Chinese take out. Xanadu should have the chinese and pizza place order list right there at the counter if you want something.

Dominos also delivers:
Phone: (410) 242-3030

Livestream/Media: www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Videos Uploaded to: www.youtube.com/vgbootcamp

www.twitter.com/thetantalus -ask me if you have any questions about the event
www.twitter.com/vgbootcamp - Our main twitter
www.twitter.com/tkbreezy - VGBC's Lead commentator, Part 1 of the black plague
www.twitter.com/thephenomenalee - COG's Lead commentator, Part 2 of the black plague

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashAtXanadu/ - Local facebook group for S@X

Last edited:

EazyDI

Smash Apprentice
You may want to space the dashes you have at the end of your twitter links.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I'm not even from that part of America, and I love watching the top weekly matches on Twitch/Youtube!

Thank you guys for the amazing commentary and matches you all offer the rest of the world!

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
I'm a newbie to competitive Smash scene, but I'd like to show up on the 1st and see how that goes. I can bring a P:M setup if you guys need it.

Fudgepop01

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new to the competitive scene and have been wanting to attend one of these for awhile now, but have always been confused about the start/end times. This text in the post says that the venue opens at 3, the information at the top of the page says this starts at 4/5pm and ends at 11, but everywhere else says it starts at 6 pm and lasts until 2am. I'm just not sure what the best time to arrive is. Could I have some clarification?

...I'm such a derp.

Last edited:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hi Folks- glad to see some interest on the boards!

@ PyroTakun PyroTakun - we can always use more setups!

@ Fudgepop01 Fudgepop01 - I've corrected the page listing for start time. Venue opens at 3pm, tournaments begin at 7:30pm. Facebook should now be up to date as well. Sorry to create such confusion.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
@ TheTantalus TheTantalus what capture card do you guys use? I'm going to get a capture card, and I'm wondering what device you use.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Another Broken Character Enters the Fray. Kappa. I shall be there.

Life

Smash Hero
Yo, could you all spare your thoughts on the stagelist for PM? The TO of our PM local is trying to figure that stuff out right now, and I figure you guys probably have some experience with that.

Chroo

Smash Rookie
Someone new looking to drop by next week, how welcome are newcomers? Also, I can see you guys flip flop between PM and Melee, so is it only one of the two each week or do you guys do a mix of both?

Last edited:

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Is the new Xanadu PM build (with bans/counterpicks/neutrals/music/common5) posted anywhere? It probably is but I'm too stupid to find it. I need it, thanks.

Capitulize

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm a big noob looking to get into the scene a little bit, are people like me welcome to come and play?

Mooch

Smash Cadet
I'm sure anyone is allowed to come play. I showed up last week and got bopped first round, but it was still fun.

CrazyCupofJoe

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure if you get a double 4 stock you get banned for a month
Not necissarily. IF your matches are on stream and you get 4 stocked, you will be banned from the stream for a month not the tourney all together.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Good afternoon folks, just updated the ruleset and the schedule to reflect that this now happens every week for Project M and with the new Project M tourney pack, including a download link to it.

CrazyCupofJoe

Smash Cadet
Do you guys have a ruleset or stage list or anything written up for Smash 4 tournaments yet?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
There was, but we'll revisit for the console version. The 3DS version event did not go well due to interference in the building.

CitizenSNIPS

Smash Cadet
Is the monthly for Smash 3DS still happening? If so what's the schedule like for that? Also, will 3DS weeklies be on Tuesdays along with PM? Thinking about going to these at least on Tuesdays

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Oh hey, so the netcoding is fine it is just the fact that something at xanadu interferes with wireless connections. Still unsure what.

So, we won't be hosting the 3DS version any longer. We'll make our big launch with the Wii U version in November.

Top Bottom