• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 13, 2015] NEXT GEN SMASH (XFiRE Gaming Bi-Weekly Event) May 10 (Islip Terrace, NY)

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman

Super Smash Bros Melee and Super Smash Bros for Wii U, both singles and doubles! Come hang out with #TeamXFIRE and the #iQHQteam for our weekly events!!

Registration Starts: 11:00AM
Both Singles Events: 12:30PM
Both Doubles Events: 4:00PM

Rules:
#EVO2015 Rule Sets for each event.

Fees:
Venue: $5
Doubles: $10 (Per Team)
Singles: $5

Stream:
twitch.tv/XFiREgamingLI

Last edited:

KirbymonDoscolas

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoscolasKirbidna
Hey there! If it isn't an issue I have a few questions about this event and basically future Nextgen Smash tournies as well. If I do attend the weekly this Sunday this will be my first in-person tournament, so please bear with me with the questions :p

1. Does registration have to be between 11 and 12:30 or could I sign up and check in any time before the event I want to enter?
2. Do Melee/Wii U events happen simultaneously or are they one after another? (I only plan on participating in Wii U singles)
3. According to the Facebook page, Nextgen 6 didn't have very many attendees (though do correct me if I'm wrong; there's basically no traces of the event anywhere on the web outside of FB) so I'm a little worried about the turnout of this tournament. What do you do in the case of having too few people to host a tournament?

Thanks for your time. I'm very excited about possibly being able to experience a local tournament, getting to know people, and learning a lot. :)

AaronKlauschke

Smash Rookie
1. Well first off it is better to show up early, and the singles and doubles are being switched, where singles will be starting at 12:30, doubles will be at 4.
2. Yes, they are run simultaneously.
3. Not many people check in, we get more than say they are coming or even say maybe. The organizer runs apex events so, a lot of people are word of mouth. It rarely happens that we do not have enough for a tourney.

See you soon.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Hey there! If it isn't an issue I have a few questions about this event and basically future Nextgen Smash tournies as well. If I do attend the weekly this Sunday this will be my first in-person tournament, so please bear with me with the questions :p

1. Does registration have to be between 11 and 12:30 or could I sign up and check in any time before the event I want to enter?
2. Do Melee/Wii U events happen simultaneously or are they one after another? (I only plan on participating in Wii U singles)
3. According to the Facebook page, Nextgen 6 didn't have very many attendees (though do correct me if I'm wrong; there's basically no traces of the event anywhere on the web outside of FB) so I'm a little worried about the turnout of this tournament. What do you do in the case of having too few people to host a tournament?

Thanks for your time. I'm very excited about possibly being able to experience a local tournament, getting to know people, and learning a lot. :)
The biggest problem we had was other TOs in the area hosting on the same day as us. That's the biggest reason why Next Gen Smash 6 had little entrants. That is no longer the issue on Long Island. And we will also be working along side with Smash Attack in the city so we don't interfere with their schedule after this week. So come down and join the hype.

Dracobat10

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dracobat10
3DS FC
3454-1065-4941
Hello Mr.DuL0R, I just wanted to know a lil more bout this tourney, being that I already go to a weekly tourney but not often, HSS in Huntington for Saturdays, is Next Gen Smash always a Sunday Weekly or a BI-Weekly(Every 2 Weeks) in this area? I live pretty close, hometown is Central Islip right up above, the only smashers I know there being most of my friends & my siblings. It's awesome that for once, Islip is having a smash tourney here, Islip always feels forgotten to me whenever I think bout it. But I thank you for your time, & prob see you & co. at Next Gen.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Hello Mr.DuL0R, I just wanted to know a lil more bout this tourney, being that I already go to a weekly tourney but not often, HSS in Huntington for Saturdays, is Next Gen Smash always a Sunday Weekly or a BI-Weekly(Every 2 Weeks) in this area? I live pretty close, hometown is Central Islip right up above, the only smashers I know there being most of my friends & my siblings. It's awesome that for once, Islip is having a smash tourney here, Islip always feels forgotten to me whenever I think bout it. But I thank you for your time, & prob see you & co. at Next Gen.
It's a biweekly. It just occurred this previous Sunday and will run again on the 29th.

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
Is there a facebook group or some other location where information about this event is discussed? I'll be on Long Island for the weekend and while I assume all the information I need is right here, just want to be certain.

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
So despite the dates on SmashBoards events saying May 24, I went to NextGen today and it is not occurring today. I'm not certain if this is SmashBoards fault though or not.

D

Deleted member

Hi! I may be able to join, but my father is going on a business trip, so i'll stick to a maybe. I also have some questions. Is it being held a store, public room, or whatever. Next, being only 11 is the area safe? I'd have a parent with me, but is the area low on stuff like crime, drugs, etc? Finally, is there an age limit? I'm only 11. However I am very mature, have been playing for 3 years. Mostly every game but Melee and Project M. Melee is just pricy on ebay, and I never found one for my collection in Goodwill. Thanks a ton!

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
Hi! I may be able to join, but my father is going on a business trip, so i'll stick to a maybe. I also have some questions. Is it being held a store, public room, or whatever. Next, being only 11 is the area safe? I'd have a parent with me, but is the area low on stuff like crime, drugs, etc? Finally, is there an age limit? I'm only 11. However I am very mature, have been playing for 3 years. Mostly every game but Melee and Project M. Melee is just pricy on ebay, and I never found one for my collection in Goodwill. Thanks a ton!
Hi! Im a normal goer to this tournament and I could answer some of your questions. The tournament is held in a comic book store. The area of the tournament is extremely safe and bad stuff like crime and drugs is not a problem. There is no age limit either. And wow your grammar, spelling, and overall vocabulary is overall really good for an 11 year old. Hope to see you at the tourney! Also if there are any other questions you have feel free to ask!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hi! Im a normal goer to this tournament and I could answer some of your questions. The tournament is held in a comic book store. The area of the tournament is extremely safe and bad stuff like crime and drugs is not a problem. There is no age limit either. And wow your grammar, spelling, and overall vocabulary is overall really good for an 11 year old. Hope to see you at the tourney! Also if there are any other questions you have feel free to ask!
Yep! Thanks. May be a while before I come, may find one closer. :) Probably can't just google mapped it and is 3 hours from me. (PA) And an hour and a half from my old house. But if I ever go back to my old area for a while, I may be able to join. It stinks to be in a low gamer population area.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
:039:
Yep! Thanks. May be a while before I come, may find one closer. :) Probably can't just google mapped it and is 3 hours from me. (PA) And an hour and a half from my old house. But if I ever go back to my old area for a while, I may be able to join. It stinks to be in a low gamer population area.
Ooh that stinks, hope you are able to find a tournament in your area or come by at Next Gen one day .

Happy Smashing

Last edited:

Adonis

Smash Apprentice
whens the next one of these? this sunday or the one after? been trying to come for like a month but im terrible with dates lmao

Lime Cultivist

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-3457-2010
Wow, it's only 15-20 minutes away from me! I'll probably go then for Melee, and maybe Smash 4 too.

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
@ The Revolutionary Cafe The Revolutionary Cafe Yup, its still happening this Sunday. Its a biweekly tournament, so it should be every other Sunday. If something changes you can find out on the xfire Facebook page or I'll let everyone know ASAP.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So the next tournament will happen on August 2, if I am correct?
If that is the case, then I will consider entering it.

Quick questions I have are despite following EVO 2015 rules, will Lucas, Roy, and Ryu be banned and will we have access to Miiverse, Dream Land 64, and all Omegas?

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
Does anyone know who won Smash 4 Singles in the last tournament?
I
Hey you were the Wario player right? Had fun playing friendlies with you man. Suarez won. Here is the bracket http://xfiregamingli.challonge.com/NGS16_Sm4sh_Singles

@XenoBrawler610 Yes, you'd be correct the next event at Islip Terrace is August 2nd, but there will be a Xfire event in Plainview tomorrow.And we are no longer following evo rules. Lucas, Roy, and Ryu are allowed. As well as Dreamland and Miiverse. Customs are now banned though.

Last edited:

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
For the biweeklies, can you enter both Melee and Sm4sh?

Also hey PuffDaddy. That was a great Puff ditto we had even though you wrecked me in bracket. :p

D

Deleted member

Hey, I entered today and I just wanna say that I had a lot of fun and I think I will come back for more tournaments in the future. :)

BTW, I checked the Challonge bracket... it's XenoBrawler610 with an X not a Z! :p

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
@ Mikey_Fresh Mikey_Fresh No. Customs are now illegal.
@ Infinite901 Infinite901 Yup it was great playing with you! Our Puff's playstyle were so similar lol.
@XenoBrawler610 Glad you had fun! I wasn't able to make it this week, but I hope you return to Next Gen again! It's always nice to have a new regular!

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
ATTENTION! FOR THE TIME BEING EVENTS AT NEXT GEN, WILL BE WEEKLY! This Sunday there will be a tournament! Hope to see some of you there!!!

S4MUS

Smash Rookie
NNID
LordOfTheOcean
What kinds of controllers are allowed? (Gamecube Controller, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Remote, etc.)

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
@ S4MUS S4MUS You can use any controller you want, but if you use a wireless controller we need for oyou to disconnect it immediately after you are done playing your set. Because keeping it connected holds up the next match and just generally annoys the TOs as well as players wanting to play their matches.

Top Bottom